Status: In the works. Looking for lots of comments

Look for You

Chapter 3

There was garlic bread in the oven when the doorbell rang. Niall got up to answer it as the guys and I set the table. The timer started beeping so I went to get the garlic bread. As I got back, I looked at Jimmie and smiled, I hadn’t seen her friend yet, so I just set the bread down on the table, but as I looked back up, Isabella stood in the doorway, her eyes fixed on me.

Louis came walking down the stairs; I shifted my eyes to look at him. He turned and looked where I was and started laughing. I looked back at Isabella; she stood in a pair of tan strappy heels. I let my eyes move up; I saw the feathered clutch at her side, little birds decorating the top where it opened. She wore a laced tan colored dress, a white bow at the waist. Then I let my eyes meet hers again, she glared.

“Jimmie….” She said, her eyes moving from mine. Louis sat on the bottom of the steps trying to control himself. “Is this a joke?”

Jimmie looked stunned for a moment, but quickly shook her head, “I didn’t know this was the curly haired guy you were talking about.”

“You talked about me?” I licked my lips and smiled, Isabella ignored me.

“How many guys matching his description with accents are there?” She turned to walk out the door. Jimmie jumped up and chased her outside.

The guys looked at me for an explanation. I explained what happened at the club then the coffee shop. They all laughed. It was a weird coincidence. Jimmie soon dragged Isabella back in. “Sorry for her, she’s not good with new people. Are you Issy?” She shook her head and sat down beside her friend.

“Well you look lovely, both of you.” I said, Jimmie smiled, but Issy shook her head.

Jimmie was in a blue polka dotted dress. She outfitted herself with little anchors. It was a modern/casual twist on a sailor. Niall laced his fingers with her as everyone started reaching for food.

Liam and Louis sat at opposite ends of the table, Louis in between Issy and I. She probably hated the fact that I was sitting across from her. Zayn sat across from Niall, leaving an empty seat between us.

There was casual conversation. Not much from Isabella, she would say something here and there, but she kept to herself. I tried getting something out of her a few times, directing questions to her, but she acted like she didn’t hear me.

Before, I loved the game she was playing, the avoiding, the running away. But now it was getting a bit upsetting. This girl, who I just met, hated me and for no reasonable reason. I complimented her shirt at a club; I didn’t know it was a crime to like the Union Jack in America.

Dinner ended and everyone gathered in the living room for dessert. We had bought a chocolate cake. Is refused, of course. She was getting impatient; you could tell she just wanted to leave. I felt bad, I made someone squirm. I never intended for it to be that way. I never thought that someone I liked so much could detest me so. I finally got fed up and stood, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the kitchen.

“What is your problem with me?” I asked bluntly.

She laughed and turned to walk out. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. “Excuse me?” She tried to get herself free, but I refused to let it go. “Okay, fine.” She placed her free hand on her hip, “You don’t interest me. You start casual conversations on clothing that I find completely grotesque. I understand girls tend to show skin, but I don’t do it.”

This time I laughed. “I hardly noticed the skin showing, love. I’m from the UK, don’t you think the flag printed across your shirt was the reason I talked to you?” She shook her head, “You are beautiful, you have a gorgeous body, but I wanted a conversation. Just as I do now.” I lied, I didn’t want just a conversation, I wanted her.

“If that is the case, you can let me go.” I was hesitant at first, but I let go of her wrist. “Now, if you stop annoying me, I might talk to you. Otherwise, I want nothing to do with you.”

I smiled triumphantly; I had finally gotten a chance with this girl. Yeah, we were just friends for now, but I knew at this rate, I could win her. It was only a matter of a time. We exited back to the living room, Niall and Jimmie were gone and all the boys sat down watching Toy Story. Liam had taken control.

Bella sat down in the rocker recliner we had and curled up. I sat down at the end of the couch beside Lou; he smiled slightly at me then turned back to the movie. It was all quiet in the house. Jimmie and Niall came down from upstairs as the movie ended. Liam was putting the second one in as Zayn and Louis went to bed. Jimmie and Niall cuddled together in the love seat. Liam sat beside me and I watched Issy.

It was potentially creepy, but she looked so peaceful not running away from me. I laughed at myself for thinking that, but it was true. Every other time I saw her, she was trying to get away from me. I started getting tired about halfway through; Liam was sound asleep on the other end of the couch. Niall and Jimmie had fallen asleep together and Is was stretching and yawning. She stood and shook Jimmie awake.

I watched her whisper to her friend, Jimmie slid out of Niall’s arms. He didn’t seem bothered. I stood and offered to walk the girls out.

“Dinner was nice, thank you.” Jimmie said as we walked out of the door. I smiled, “Oh, I forgot my bag, be right back.” She ran inside.

Isabella and I stood awkwardly for a moment. “So….” I said, looking at her, “Did you have fun?” She shrugged. “You talk a lot.” We laughed.

“It started off my worst nightmare.” She leaned against the locked car. “But it got better.” She gazed at the ground and ran her fingers through her long brown hair. “Thanks, it was kind of you guys.”

“I told you I wasn’t a bad guy.” I stepped closer to her, she watched me closely. As I neared her, she stood straighter and opened her bag. I stopped and smiled. “Well, have a good night.” Jimmie came back out and unlocked the door. Isabella nodded and climbed into the car quickly.

I watched the car drive away, just as I did the cab and sighed. The more I saw her, the more she drew me in. I knew hardly anything about her, but I wanted her. She wouldn’t let me get close and it made me want to move closer. I restrained myself, not wanting to come off as rude. I had just put myself in a good light, no need to break the bulb so soon.

I walked back inside and found Niall stretching and sitting up. “Hey, they leave?” He asked. I nodded, “You like her?” He turned to me.

“Yeah, Jimmie is great. You found a good girl.” Niall laughed.

He stood and walked toward me, putting his arm around my shoulder, “Harry, I know Jimmie is great.” I gave him a questioning look, “I’m talking about Issy.” I looked away.

“You know that answer. You heard the story.” I bit my lip and headed toward the stairs.

“Give her time; she’ll warm up to you.” I turned back to give him a thumbs up then rushed upstairs, stripping down to my boxers and jumping in bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, lovelies ♥

Issy's Outfit
Jimmie's Outfit

Sorry, I am just so bored sometimes, I make these and they inspire a scene xD