Status: In the works. Looking for lots of comments

Look for You

Chapter 4

The sun was shining directly on to my face as I started to wake up. Louis was standing over me, eating his cereal. “Work in 20.” He said, walking away in his plaid pajama bottoms. I stretched and forced myself out of bed. I stumbled down the stairs rubbing my eyes. Niall sat in the living room watching something on TV. I walked in the kitchen and grabbed Louis’ bowl of cereal. I started eating it as he began to protest. I stuck my tongue out at him and finished the bowl. “I expect you to buy me lunch today.” I shrugged and put the bowl in the sink.

Louis and I raced for the bathroom, of course he won, I was still half asleep, so I just changed in the bedroom. I pulled a gray beanie over my flattened hair and walked down the stairs, grabbing Lou’s car keys and took over the driver’s seat for a change. Louis came strolling out and gave me a quick glare, but got in the passenger’s seat. I started the car and drove us to work.

Today was slow. We got a few people in the morning, but nothing like usual. Our boss let Lou and I off for lunch a little early. We walked down the street to a diner and ate, of course, on me. I paid and we walked out, we had some time to kill so we strolled around the park. I spotted Isabella taking pictures of some kids, as I started to walk toward her, Louis pulled at my sleeve. “Another time, dude. Work.” I sighed and followed him back to our job, conveniently located across the street.

The rest of the day was dull. It was just gloomy and slow. We wasted more energy then we needed to at work today. The boss closed early. Louis and I jumped in the car and headed out to bother Liam at work. He was stocking shelves when we got there.

Lou grabbed a couple Nerf guns and brought them to the counter and paid. He came back and handed me one. “Quick, they are coming!” Louis screamed, rushing down one of the aisles. I readied my gun and looked around, ducking behind a shelf. “Haz, do you read me? Over.” He yelled into his hand.

“Kurrsh.” I tried to make the sound of a walkie talkie. “Lou, I read you loud and clear. Where are the enemies? Over.” I “Kurrshed” again.

Louis returned with, “Kurrsh. I see one at 4 o’clock. Over. Kurrsh.” I turned and saw Liam fixing a shelf of dolls. I aimed and shot his arm with the little foam bullet. He didn’t seem bothered. “Kurrsh. Good shot, Haz. Over. Kurrsh.” I put on my serious face and fell to the floor, scooting on my belly and going down the aisles.

“Kurrsh. Helicopters are approaching, are they ours? Over. Kurrsh.” I was nearing the models section of the store and looked up at the planes and helicopters dangling from the ceiling.

“Kurrsh. Affirmative. Quick, enemies’ are approaching. Over.” I rolled on my back and aimed my gun up, the store’s manager stood over me. I shot the Nerf gun and stuck the dart to the middle of his forehead. With a loud sigh, he pulled it off. “Kurrsh. Retreat! Retreat!” Lou yelled. I stood, grabbed the dart from his hand and ran from the store.

Louis followed, he handed me the dart I shot at Liam and jumped in the car. He started it and we took off. “Think he’ll get in trouble?” I asked Louis, he shook his head. “Ah, it was all fun. How could you not expect people fooling around in a toy store anyway?”

We turned into the driveway and headed into the house. It was nearing dinnertime now, so we threw a couple frozen pizzas in the oven. Niall walked in with Jimmie and headed to the living room to watch a movie. Jimmie quietly walked in the kitchen and grabbed the crisps. “Hi.” She said walking back out.

When the timer beeped, I pulled the pizzas out and cut them up. Liam had finally gotten home, he didn’t seem upset, so he didn’t get in trouble for our Nerf War. Everyone grabbed slices and ate where they pleased. I went to my room and messed about on twitter and YouTube. It was getting late when Liam came up and shot a dart at my forehead. He hit the end of my nose and I grabbed my Nerf gun from beside me. “Drop it or I shoot. We all know I have better aim.” We stared each other down for a moment, then he turned to take off.

I ran out and followed him, Jimmie jumped out of nowhere and shot at me, she got me in the center of the forehead. I fell back and spazzed on the floor for a bit. “That’s how you take them down.” She blew at the end of the gun and winked. Niall laughed from behind her as I pulled the dart off my head.

I sat up and tossed the dart back to Jimmie, “Remind me to recruit you in case of a zombie apocalypse.”

“As long as I am in charge.” She loaded the dart back in the Nerf gun. Zayn offered a hand, helping me up. “Though, you can be second in command. Niall can’t shoot for anything. Not even a free meal.” She turned and kissed his cheek, he just looked at her with a fake glare.

We all moved to the living room and sat down to watch American Idol. We argued over who was good and who sucked. It was fun. About halfway through, Jimmie got a phone call and had to leave. She was needed to babysit. We all said goodbye and agreed to meet at the old church, about halfway between our houses, in case of a sudden zombie break out.

The night seemed to slow down a lot. After American Idol, Liam headed to bed. Zayn and Niall soon followed and that left only Louis and I. We played some video games, but soon Lou left me to watch infomercials alone.

It was nice to sit alone and have time to think. It’d been a day now since I last saw Issy. Though she was in the park, I didn’t get to talk to her. I was shocked how little she was on my mind. The moment I was alone, though, she was back tampering with my thoughts. She was like this never ending record. It was beautiful and unexpected. I wanted to get up and go see her right now, but I knew it was a bad idea. She was probably home alone. But then again, it was a good thing; I could have had the chance to win her over without Jimmie there.

If I were not smart, I would have jumped off the couch right then and took the car. I didn’t, I knew how she felt about me, how little she wanted to do with me. I never understood why. I didn’t think my first impression was bad, nor my second or third ones. Was I just coming off too strong? Did I need to take a step back and let her breathe? I didn’t feel like I was crowding her. I wasn’t showing up at her doorstep. Not yet.

With a sigh, I turned the TV off and headed up to bed. Louis was playing something on his phone when I walked in the room. I slipped past his bed and curled up in a ball. “You need to stop thinking about her.” Louis whispered.

I pulled the covers over my head. “I’m not.”

“Right and you normally sleep in your clothes.” I tossed the covers off of myself and took off my trousers and shirt. “If it’s going to happen, it will happen.”

“You have no idea what you are talking about.”

“I may not be the brightest crayon in the box sometimes, but as your best friend and roommate, I know a thing or million about you.” I rolled my shirt up and tossed it at him. “Go to bed, Styles.” He smiled at me and turned off his phone.

I flopped back in bed and buried my face in the pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh look! No outfits for today. More soon :P

How are you guys liking it so far?