Status: In the works. Looking for lots of comments

Look for You

Chapter 8

Louis handed me my apron and sighed, “Don’t ever leave me here alone for an hour again.” I smiled slightly and pulled the apron back on, tying it in the back and gazing through the window at Issy. “Oh and good job. My widdle Hawwy got his girlfwiend finally.” Lou pinched my cheek and made faces at me.

I slapped his hand away and laughed, “I’m not a baby.”

“You’re the youngest, so that makes you the baby.”

We got back to work. I managed to get focused and pay attention, but date plans were running through my head. I gave myself 5 hours max to figure this out. I could do something simple as dinner and a movie. But we’ve done dinner and a movie before. They usually ended off pretty bad. I think dinner was a 'yes' no matter what, though. I needed to feed her. But what could we do after?

Louis and I closed up shop and headed back to the house. I sat in silence for most of the trip. When we got home, I went upstairs. I have 3 more hours to spare. I opened my YouTube and saw 5 new comments.

They were all on my cover of Summer of ’69. “WOW!! Ur voice is amazing.” One said. “Subbed!” said the next. “u r soooo hott nd u can sing” I smiled. “fake and gay.” I shook it off. “FIRST! Great cover, dude.” I replied to all of them with a “Thank you.” Minus the ‘fake and gay’ guy. I felt like I should do another one.

I opened the webcam and searched for a good karaoke. I settled on Use Somebody. This time I wasn’t picky, I just sang and posted. I had 3 new subscribers and hoped they would soon increase. My day was just getting better and better.

I closed the laptop and searched through my closet. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to wear, but the outfit I wore from the last day in UK hung, unloved and forgotten in the back. It was a favorite of mine. I hadn’t worn the blazer since. So I grabbed it and put it on my bed. It had a bad memory attached, maybe it was time to let it breathe again and erase the past.

I put it on slowly and ran my fingers over the fabric of the blazer. Lou walked in, “Hey stud.” I turned and rolled my eyes, “Looking good. Any idea where you guys are going?”

I shrugged, “Dinner and something after.” Lou shook his head. “What do you mean?”

“Well, dinner is classic, yeah? What can you do to make it better?” I sat down and thought for a moment, what did girls like? Flowers, ponies, babies, shopping, the beach….

“I got it.” I smiled and ran down the stairs, Louis followed.

I told him my plans and sat down with the guys in the living room. Lou was kind enough to lend me the car for the night. There were about 30 minutes before I was due to pick up Isabella, so I got in the car and headed to the store. I grabbed a single white rose and a little stuffed bear and paid. Sure, it wasn’t something big, but white roses meant a few things, innocents, purity and new beginnings. It was perfect, honestly. We were starting something new; we were giving each other a chance at happiness. She trusted me, after what she went through; raising a child on her own with no father and men that hurt her, she trusted me. It was big in itself.

I got in the car and drove to the house. When I knocked on the door, Jimmie answered. “Hello, she’ll be down in a minute.” Jimmie let me in and I gazed at the counter with a secretive smile. “You be good to her.”

I smiled at Jimmie and nodded, “Of course. Hey, where is Fae?” I asked; the light fiery haired girl came running out of the living room. I knelt down; she stopped suddenly and looked at me with caution. I held out the stuffed bear, her eyes moved slowly to it, a smile forming. “Just for you, Princess.” The girl made her way to me, with a little help from Jimmie. She took the bear and hugged it close to her chest.

“Say thank you, Fae.” Jimmie instructed. Fae blinked and turned to run back in the living room.

“It’s alright, I’m still a stranger.” I stood and turned to the stairs as Issy came stomping down. She was fiddling with an earring.

“Do you know where my light tan satchel is?” Jimmie pointed to the couch. “Oh thank you!” She grabbed it and smiled at me, “Hey, Curly.” I smiled and replied with a small hey.

I looked her over, she was in a creamed colored dress and flip flops. Her hair was pinned up with small waves, a delicate fabric floral comb placed on one side. “You look beautiful.” I said, extending the rose to her. She smiled and took it, smelling the flower before asking Jimmie to put it in some water.

“Come here, baby.” She put her arms out and grabbed Faelyn, “Mommy will be back in a bit. You be good to Aunty.” She kissed the girls forehead and hugged her. Placing her back on the floor, Issy turned to me.

We quietly walked out to the car and headed to the restaurant. I picked a place that was a bit of a drive, but it was also the setting of the second part of the date. When we finally made it to the place, she was looking at me, “You do realize that there were many other places along the way, right?”

“I know, but this place is better.” I smiled and ran out of the car, opening the door for her. She stood and linked arms with me. I picked a semi fancy place. You didn’t need reservations and the food was just as good as some expensive French place in the city.

I pulled out her chair and did everything as gentlemen like as possible. She seemed to enjoy herself. We talked about her photography and I told her about my “booming” YouTube channel with my 3 subscribers and 2 videos. She laughed.

When we finished eating, I paid and grabbed her hand. She headed for the car, but I pulled her back, “Part two is over here.” She smiled cautiously and followed beside me. I put my blazer around her shoulders.

About half a mile down the road was the beginning of a lonely beach. Issy turned to me and smiled, “You brought me to the beach, at 9pm?” I nodded. “Great.” She slipped her sandals off and stepped into the sand. I pulled my shoes off as well and joined her. We walked quietly by the water, watching the waves rush over our toes. I finally spoke up, “Why do you live with Jimmie?” I asked. She had her daughter; most girls would be with their parents or on their own.

“I was 15 when I got pregnant. When I told my mom and dad, they kicked me out.” Her eyes avoided mine as she stopped walking. “I didn’t have very many friends at the time and my boyfriend Robert was also 15. I went straight to him.” I grabbed her hand lightly and brought her up away from the waves to sit. She plopped herself on the ground beside me. She continued avoiding my gaze. “His parents flipped out, said I was a slut and that it wasn’t his baby.” I reached out to grab her chin lightly; tears were streaming slowly down her face. She looked me in the eyes. “They moved before she was born. But I found myself at Jimmie’s house. Her parents took me in, helped me get a job and pay for things for Fae. When Jimmie and I turned 18, we moved out on our own. Jimmie’s parents are pretty well off, so it was easy to get a place and pay rent.”

I let my hand drop from her face, “That must have been hard. I’m sorry.” Issy smiled.

“Don’t be, I love my daughter and she is my world. I wouldn’t trade it for anything, you know?” Her hand met mine and she laced our fingers. “If it didn’t happen, I wouldn’t be as close to Jimmie and you guys.”

I let my eyes drift to the water as she rested her head on my shoulder. “I won’t do that to you, Bells.”

“You’ll have to prove that to me first, Curly.” I wrapped my arms around her before sighing and standing.

We started back to the car, hand in hand. The drive home was quiet most of the way, but by the end, Issy was begging me to sing her something. So I turned the radio on and sang along to it. When I pulled in her driveway, she turned to me. “Thank you for this.”

I got out of the car and opened the door for her again; I followed her to the front door and bit my lip lightly. She dug through her bag and pulled out her house keys. I didn’t want to be rude and just attack her for a kiss again; I wanted her to want it just as bad as me.

She turned to unlock the door and I smiled, I took in a deep breath, ready to walk back to the car when she stopped me. Her arms wrapped around my neck. I leaned down and placed my lips against hers. We kissed for only a minute, but it was worth it. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Curly.” She quickly walked inside and shut the door, locking it and turning off the porch light. Leaving me in the darkness.

I laughed and walked back to the car, satisfied and feeling amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not too satisfied with this chapter. :/
But yeah. Longest chapter so far :)

Date Outfit