How Could This Happen to Me?

Prologue

Prologue:

Our pack originally started from four different families, everything we ever learned about our kind we soon found out there were plenty of more just like us.

I was told that if you have genes of a werewolf, they would show up in early teen years. That didn’t happen for me as mine waited until I was almost finished with high school and I bumped into my soul mate.

I thought I was a total oddball for falling head over heels in love with a girl that was not a werewolf.

The things that happened to me when I first saw her, are truly unbelievable. The girl who hung out with a pack of male werewolves most of her life didn’t realize that when she came up and wrapped her arms around my neck and looked me in the eyes, our foreheads pressed together, that she had brought to life the monster within me.

His tail wagged, and when he sensed his mate he instantly took over my body and greeted her.

Thanks to him it took a long time before Nichole trusted that part of me, I wanted to take things slow and show her I love and care about her. But when you’ve got a wolf whose been locked up for years and constantly has instincts that want to take over… it can be a little overwhelming.

I am called Pup at times, not only because I’m the youngest of the pack…but also because I act like one. With constantly going head-to-head with the Alpha’s son, I am looked at as the Omega.

You’d think that when the parent Alpha’s approached me I would bow to them, for they are the most respected and dominate wolves of the pack. If respect is not shown it will be demanded. I’m constantly in a fight with someone that has a higher status then me, but if you look at it my way..I never asked to be in a pack, it was forced upon me.

I don’t listen to anyone, or follow rules. I’m a dominate male, and with that I like to think I’m an Alpha.

The Beta of the pack are the Comeau’s, second in command and only take orders from the Bouvier’s…the Alpha’s.

Besides the two highest rankings in the pack, there is also the Elders, Guardians, Hunters, Shaman, Scouts, Omega and pups.

The Omega is as low as you can get for ranking, you get constantly picked on, you’re not taken seriously, and when it comes to food you only eat after everyone else has…if there is anything left over.

The Alpha’s weren’t too pleased when Chuck brought me up to meet the entire pack, I didn’t blame them, for I too had my guard up and the fur on my back stood up on end.

My mind always gets side-tracked though whenever Nichole came into sight, I would see her sit with the whole pack, she would not think twice about it realizing that at any time they could transform into something much bigger and kill her in a second.

Just about every day I constantly have to fight against Pierre to show him that Nichole and I are meant to be. But when it comes to the number one rule of werewolves, the name embedded in your fur is the soul mate you will have.

Except when my first transformation happened, a name was not shown. The same goes for Pierre.

But although that rule may stand for werewolves, it does not however for humans.

I’ve been pretty lucky so far that Nichole, the human that she is, sensed in her own way that we are one, and no matter how hard Pierre tried to make her his, she always came running to the Pup.

I am Sebastien Lefebvre, and this is the story of my life as a wolf.


---

A brown wolf ran quickly on a gravel road, his claws sank into the earth as he ran up the hill as fast as his body would go. Ears were tucked back as the wind blew through his fur, his tongue hung out of his mouth slightly as he panted.

A moment later he slowed down to a walk and padded up along the end of the road, taking a seat on the ground as he looked over the entire forest.

A whistle blew through the air, the wolf turned his head to the right and looked towards the distraction. The male raised his head and sat up taller as he let out a loud howl, his vocals echoing along the top of the trees.

“Show off”

The wolf stood up and walked slowly towards the human, his tail held up high instead of the usual down low and wagging. A smirk played along his muzzle.
♠ ♠ ♠
First story I've started working on...in a very long time. After twenty seven sneak peeks I finally decided to just write out the story. It was an idea that was stuck in my head, and I only post it so others could enjoy it as well.