How Could This Happen to Me?

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Pierre approached Nichole slowly, seeing her standing by the tree they had hung out by for years. The cold breathe of the wind blew at him, and seeing Nichole without a jacket gave him the shivers as he wondered how the weather was treating her at the moment.

“What the hell are you doing out here without a jacket, Nic.” Pierre opened up his jacket and instantly wrapped her in it with him.

Nichole didn’t fight him as she buried her face into the Alpha’s shirt, she just shook her head slowly.

Pierre felt his heart shatter into pieces as he felt her shake, the light sniffling let him know that she was crying. He sighed, pulling Nichole closer to him and hugging her tight.

“Y-you were right about him, P-Pierre.” she whimpered.

Pierre rested his head on top of hers, “I’m right about a lot of things, Nic.”

She took a step back and looked up into his eyes, “I shouldn’t have welcomed him with open arms. I thought he would fit right in with you and the other guys, cause I get along with Kate so well. But I’m tired of always trying to be so nice to him and then he just shuts down and ignores me.”

Pierre pressed his knuckles into Nichole’s back and tried rubbing the stress away, “You’re used to us guys listening to your every word, Nic. Just because you’re good friends with Kate doesn’t mean you have to get along with her brother, he’s making you fall apart.”

Nichole nodded as she buried her face into Pierre’s shirt once more, “I hate the feeling, it gets worse each day that passes. He’s nice one time, and then a completely different person the next.”

Pierre laughed as he raised Nichole’s head so she would look up at him, “I don’t blame you for every action that happened since he moved to this town, Nic. The first day you two met, you weren’t thinking straight cause he had his hands all over you. Granted you have guys as your friends and we never combined possibilities of a relationship, or even discussed to you the weaknesses of us males.

Therefore I know you weren’t yourself when he made you weak in the knees because he was expressing his feelings rather inappropriately. You’re not used to a guy being that up close and personal, your hormones kicked in.”

Nichole lowered her head in shame, every word Pierre said was beginning to make sense.

“Hey..” Pierre whispered.

Nichole raised her head slightly and was instantly greeted with Pierre kissing her forehead a few times. A light blush crept up on her face.

A smile broke out on Pierre’s lips, “Please no more of this sadness, Nic. If a guy is going to break your heart over and over again, then he’s definitely not worth wasting time on.”

Nichole stood up on her tip toes and pressed a small kiss of her own to his cheek, “Sorry for arguing with you the other day and slapping you. You didn’t deserve it, and I shouldn’t have made you feel guilty for something you were right about all along.”

Pierre nodded his head as he nuzzled the side of his face against hers, a smirk replaced the smile he previously had.

-----

Chuck turned his head to the left, a small smile coming to his lips as Kate glanced the same time he did. His cheeks tinted red as she giggled.

“Mr. Comeau. Can you please tell me the answer to this equation?”

Chuck froze, he turned his head slowly back to the front seeing his teacher staring at him. He gulped before answering, “Uh, it could possibly start with…the answer will be divided by the other answer multiplied that will then equal one answer before it becomes the answer.” he squinted an eye trying to think it over a moment longer. “Sorry sir, I wasn’t paying attention.”

The teacher looked between Chuck and Kate, “You can flirt between classes or in Chemistry class Mr. Comeau, I suggest you pay attention to the math I’m teaching otherwise you’ll be staying after school to relearn it.”

Chuck nodded his head in agreement, he slumped back in his seat.

The bell rang, signaling that class was over. Everyone stood up from their seats, Chuck looked to Kate as she put her books into her back pack. He put on his biggest grin and gave her a small wink.

Kate shook her head smiling, she walked past Chuck and left the classroom.

----

Seb sat at his usual spot for lunch, although it wasn’t the time yet, he did have a free period class to catch up on any homework he had so he would be stuck with no homework when he went home. The youngest Lefebvre didn’t use his time for that though, instead he had his head resting on the picnic table as he stared off by the tree he had day dreamed about an hour ago.

Pierre ran after Nichole and scooped her into his arms, he swirled them around in a circle. A laugh escaped Nichole as she wrapped her arms around his head as they were spun.

It didn’t help Seb at all that Nichole paraded around with Pierre’s jacket on, his large jacket didn’t fit her small form.

Pierre set her back down on the ground, still keeping her close as the two hugged.

The Alpha lowered his head so he and Nichole were looking into each others eyes, he pressed their foreheads together. She raised her hands and combed her fingers slowly through Pierre’s hair.

Seb raised his head as Pierre got closer to Nichole. His fingers gripped tightly to his seat as Pierre kissed her eye lids.

Nichole pulled her head back after the few pecks, she shook her head as she blushed. Pierre laughed, intertwining their hands together. And as quick as the moment had happened, the two walked away from his view together and disappeared back in the building.

Seb lowered his head back on the table, although he had never transformed into the wolf yet, he sure felt like his tail was tucked between his legs and his ears were back.

Someone approached the table and sat down, Seb’s eyes glanced towards the person to see who it was.

“You don’t look to happy.” Chuck looked at him with concern.

Seb breathed in deeply before sighing, “I feel like my heart was just ripped out of my chest.” he mumbled.

Chuck crossed his arms and laid his head down on top of them, “Yeah, I figured something was up when I saw Nichole being friends with Pierre again. They look inseparable now.”

Seb sighed again, feeling the tears form in his eyes. “I ignored her, Chuck. Nichole and I spent hours together talking, eating marshmallows and s’mores. We held hands most of the way back until she got too tired to walk anymore and fell asleep. I carried her the rest of the way and brought her to the guest room she slept in at Pat’s house, she snuggled against me…” he whimpered.

Chuck lifted his head and looked at Seb with surprise, “You honestly had all that happen in one night? That’s practically being in a relationship right there, Bud. How the heck did you two not hit it off this morning?!”

Seb glanced back at Chuck again, feeling hopeless as the tears finally started streaming down his face. “Like I said, I ignored her. She came up to me right after you left. Being all cute and asking me why I was always alone when she saw me…I didn’t respond to her, I just got up and left. She called my name and I still wouldn’t say anything to her. As I walked back to class I turned and looked back to see if she would go to class or not and she didn’t…she just walked right outside of the building.”

Chuck shook his head as he watched the tears stream from Seb’s eyes, “Dude, please don’t do the puppy dog eye balling shit to me. It makes it hard to see you like this. It doesn’t help that it makes your blue eyes stick out more then anything.”

Seb turned away from Chuck and whipped his eyes, he sniffled. “Shit, I’m sorry Chuck. I never cry about something so stupid. I’m just feeling every depressing emotion imaginable.”

Chuck reached across the table and patted Seb’s shoulder, “Suck it up, man. It’s not the first time you ignored Nichole, why the heck is this troubling you so much?”

Seb looked away ashamed, “Because I felt like I did go after her Chuck. It was so fucking real and unbelievable. I ran after Nichole and told her she shouldn’t be outside without a jacket. She told me she forgot it at Pat’s and I offered her mine. But nooooo! Nichole refused my jacket and I thought up another idea to instead pull her close to me and be embraced in a hug together.

I told Nichole I was sorry, and then out of nowhere she starts playing with my hair and says its softer then yours and the other pack mates hair. She had surprised me when she was combing her fingers through my hair. I loved every moment of it, and we just kept getting closer and closer.

It became so overwhelming that I had placed my head on her shoulder and was moaning, and then she proceeded to rub my back and I think we were gonna have a moment but the school bell rang and when I blinked I was still standing in the same spot, looking down the hallway.”

Chuck had an even more surprised look on his face after the confession from Seb, he cleared his throat. “Damn, what time did you get home last night? And why the hell are you telling me one of your wet dreams, that’s personal shit Sebastien.”

Seb shook his head slowly and lowered his head back on the table, “It happened after breakfast, like I said it did. This wasn’t a dream I had last night,…but this felt so real.” he whimpered sadly.

Realization hit Chuck, he felt stupid for not understanding it sooner. “Oh, now I think I know what happened to you. Remember when I told you a few days ago to never look away from Nichole when she is in your sight or is talking to you, otherwise bad things will happen and the wolf will take action? Kinda like when you had Nichole pinned against her truck and you two were gonna kiss.”

It was Seb’s turn to be surprised, “I thought only David saw that.., and you were explaining the situation to Pat because I thought you were overhearing my thoughts at the time.”

Chuck folded his hands and looked away innocently, “Hey, it’s not my fault I got curious as to what the hell you were going to do to her. Nichole is not used to a guy being attracted to her, no one in the pack has shown interest. I wanted to see if she was going to kick your ass.”

Seb copied the same posture as Chuck as he folded his arms together and rested his head against his arms. “Back to what you were saying, Charles.”

Chuck cleared his throat and spoke once more, “As I was saying. If you ignore Nichole and refuse to let the wolf see her, he will complicate things. From what you were saying, you did in fact ignore her again. You gotta realize Seb, your darker half is a werewolf going through puberty at the age where we‘re done experimenting with ourselves and take the leap to just have sex. Every single thought he has right now will be perverted in one way or another.

Since Nichole walked away from you with sadness, the wolf isn’t dumb to just chase after her and expect to get some action after you broke whatever the two of you have together. The werewolf took over your mind this time and flashed images in your head on what he hoped would happen when you went after Nichole.

In reality, she would not jump your bones this quickly in a friendship that hasn’t had the chance to grow into a relationship. That’s just not Nic.”

Seb nodded his head slowly, showing that he understood. “It felt so real..” he whispered.

Chuck smiled sadly, “Well every chance I see the two of you together, she does like to grab your hair. I think…that may be the trigger point that attracts both the human you and your wolf. She does it to show appreciation and affection. Whereas for you its both of those but also something that would be performed during sexual activities.

Nic playing with your hair relaxes you but also puts you in the mood. She has played with your hair enough times to where you remember the touch. Hence why the wolf made you suffer to think it was happening this morning. You punished him for not greeting Nichole like he would, so in return he shows you gauging in a certain activity and then pulls the rug out from under you so you can fall on your ass.”

Seb lowered his gaze to the table, tears streaming down his face once more. “H-How do I gain her trust back?” he asked quietly.

Chuck shook his head and stood up from his seat, “I may be in a pack full of male werewolves who will fight to save their brothers no matter the circumstance. But Nic…, Nic is the toughest pack mate we have. She is the hardest one to gain trust, friendship…to form a bond with. How she even let it happen so quickly the first time was out of pure luck because the wolf expressed his affection towards her when they first met.

But now that she’s tried multiple times to get you to talk to her, you ignored her more then you should have and she gave up. A woman can only try so hard and go by the little hope she has that something may happen…but if you don’t show that you want to be in her presence, why should it be granted to you?” with this said, the Beta ruffled up Sebastien’s hair and walked back inside the school as well, leaving his wise words to sink in.

-----

Seb walked slowly towards the back of the school, he stopped as soon as he approached a door that said “Automotive shop.”

With one shaky breathe, the youngest Lefebvre opened the shop door and stepped inside. He was immediately greeted with the sight of vehicles, and the sound of an impact gun taking lug nuts off a tire.

The shop teacher was standing nearby and saw him, “Can I help you?” he asked.

Seb cleared his throat and stood up straighter, “Uh, I was wondering if Nichole was here.”

The teacher nodded his head and smiled, “Yeah, she’s in the fourth bay working on a friend’s car. Grab a pair of safety glasses off the rack before stepping past the line though please.”

Seb nodded his head, he saw where the safety glasses were and grabbed the best pair he could find before crossing the yellow line and looking at the other end of the shop.

Sure enough, a small figure stood beside a car that was slightly lifted off the ground. He walked over to her slowly.

The impact gun was held in Nichole’s hands as she made her way around the car, taking lug nuts off and then pulling the tire away from the car and leaning it against the brakes.

“Nichole.” Seb interrupted.

Nichole raised her head, only for a moment as she saw who called out to her. “How can I help you, Seb?” she continued on to the passenger side of the car, taking off the two tires before proceeding to switch all four tires into different directions. The two front tires going straight to the back of the car, while the two rear tires were criss-crossed to the front.

Seb took a step back, feeling slightly offended that Nichole paid no real attention to him as she walked by to rotate the tires. “I um, wanna apologize for this morning. I was up pretty late last night and I-”

“I was up almost as late as you were Lefebvre, yet we both made it to school on time anyways. Don’t worry about what happened this morning, I’m over it.” Nichole started the impact gun once more, putting the tires back on the car.

Seb waited patiently, watching as she lifted the tire with ease and lined it up with the bolts before putting the lug nuts back on. After a couple of minutes, she turned to him and waved her hand.

He raised his eyebrows, stepping back a few feet before burying his hands into his front pockets. “Clear!” Nichole called, loud enough for anyone close to her vehicle hoist to step back before proceeding to lift the vehicle higher up into the air. She stopped when it was high enough for her to stand underneath it.

Seb gulped, his eyes staying focused on the car. “Is that safe to stand under, Nichole?”

Nichole shrugged her shoulders, “I’ve done it a million times, haven’t had one fall on me yet.”

Seb stepped forward once more, “Whose car is this?”

Nichole walked over to a tool box and pulled open one of the top drawers, grabbing a few tools before closing it shut once more and walking underneath the car again. “Pierre Bouvier’s car of course.”

Seb looked over to the tool box, a little smile on his face as he saw a “Mastercraft Tires” and a “Jeep” sticker displayed on the side.

“Oh, well what is it that you’re working on?” he asked.

Nichole didn’t respond for a minute, her eyes looking carefully at the underbody of the entire car. “Pierre has driven six thousand miles so it was time to rotate his tires, besides that he wanted an oil change and for me to check and see if everything is in good working condition, no leaks and such under his car, typical maintenance stuff.”

Seb chuckled, “What? Pierre Bouvier can’t change his own oil?” he smirked.

Nichole let out a small huff, “Just because he has muscles and can order all his friends around and still drive this pretty Cadillac that his parents bought for him doesn’t mean he knows how to do an oil change. Besides, no one likes working on a car with jack stands while lying on the dirt. It’s a pain in the ass.”

Seb crossed his arms, “Yeah, when I moved here a couple days ago I remember looking at all of Pierre’s friends and seeing how they listened to every word he said, there was only one person who refused to be bossed by him, but it seems as though that has changed as well.”

Nichole turned her head and glared at Seb, she brushed her hands on the pair of overalls that he had never seen before, but assumed they were specifically used only for automotive class, dark brown eyes met with blue.

“Take a good look around this shop, Seb. You won’t see another tomboy working on her own, or anyone else’s vehicle out here in this shop. I’m the shortest one here, but every single guy in this shop knows not to fuck with me. I’ve dealt with their bullshit when I joined this class last year, each one made fun of me thinking I was more dumb then they were.

You’ve heard and seen living proof of my blood, sweat and tears on my Jeep truck. The guys didn’t see it quite funny how I was able to rebuild that truck that started out from nothing. I don’t have Pierre tell me what to do, I volunteered to work on his car not only because it needed to be maintained, but also I am his mechanic.” she growled.

Seb huffed, he glanced away from Nichole as his hands lowered down by his side in clenched fists. Teary blue eyes looked her way for only a moment before looking in a different direction. Never before had Sebastien felt so much anger built up into one person, this was worse then when Pierre was angry with him.

Nichole shook her head disapprovingly, “Get out of my shop, Lefebvre. You have no business where you don’t belong.”

Seb lowered his head in shame before quickly walking out of the automotive shop.

-----

Sebastien sat in a empty hallway, his heart beat was racing out of control. The faster his heart rate became, the more he couldn’t feel himself breathe.

He held a hand against his chest, a small whimper escaping him.

Help.

A few minutes later, foot steps rushed quickly, echoing down the hallway.

Seb’s blue eyes met a familiar person and he was approached immediately with David by his side. “Seb, come on man you gotta relax. Slow that heart beat down, buddy.”

Sebastien sat up and started to push David away, “Go away, I don’t need your help!” he growled.

Concern was seen in David’s eyes as he put a hand on Seb’s chest, “Dude, I’m not messing around. If you get any more upset, you’re going to transform right here.”

Panic took over Sebastien, he closed his eyes and laid himself on the ground, his heart pounded faster if that were even possible. Another growl left him, this one deeper and louder that wasn’t his.

Another set of feet approached the small group before Sebastien felt himself get picked up and slung over someone’s shoulder. When Seb opened his eyes he felt a darker presence try taking over.

He was carried outside into the cold, before being brought back down and slammed against the brick building. His eyes met Pierre’s with frustration, “What the hell do you want?!” Seb growled.

Pierre grabbed his chin and held tightly, “Calm the fuck down, Lefebvre. Your eyes are black as night. You’re going to expose us!”

“I don’t give a shit about exposing what you are, I’m no wolf!” Seb shoved Pierre’s hand away. He regretted it instantly as Pierre grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled tight, causing a yelp to escape the smaller of the two.

“Stay out here and relax, Pup. If I have to come back out here and take care of you again I won’t be as nice!” Pierre let go of Seb’s hair and walked back inside.

Seb lowered his head and fell down on to his knees, he closed his eyes as he felt is heart rate continue to pound more then he could handle.

The side door opened again, making Seb whimper and cower back, curling himself against the building thinking Pierre was coming back to put him in his place again.

He was wrong as a hand combed through his hair, fingers tangling in the strands every now and then, grasping and releasing in a soothing way. Seb felt his heart rate slow down, his eyes strained.

“That’s it, don’t let him take over you, Sebastien.” Chuck whispered.

When Seb’s heart rate was at the correct speed, Chuck smiled and patted him lightly on the head, “Feel better?”

I thought breaking her heart was the worst thing I had ever felt, but the way she came at me and yelled, all the anger, the sadness. I felt like dying right there.” a whimper escaped the pup as his eyes looked down to the ground.

Chuck put an arm around Seb and pulled him into a hug, who took it greatfully. “T-Thanks, Chuck.”

The Beta nodded before taking a seat beside Sebastien, resting a hand on his knee to keep him reassured.