Status: COMPLETE♥ Sequel is in progress.. -->

Never Let You Go

First Meeting

Carter's POV

I still remember the day I met Brian Haner Jr just like it was yesterday. He was the only friend of Matt's that was actually nice to me. Everyone else would just said snotty things to me.

"Carter, you have to come in the garage. Mom said I have to watch you, so you need to be where I can see you." Matt said while shutting off the TV.

I shook my head, "No, your friends will say mean things to me." I said with a pout on my face.

He sighed, "They don't mean it, they're just messing with you."

"Still." I said while looking at the ground.

Matt sat next to me, "I'll tell them to lay off, okay? Plus, we have a new guitar player, so you get to meet him too." He said with a smile on his face.

I stood up, "Alright, fine."

He patted my shoulder, "Atta girl."

We got out in the garage and his friends were getting their instruments set up. "What's the brat doing out here?" Johnny; the bass player asked.

Matt sent a glare his way, "I have to watch her, so easy on the comments; they're getting old."

Johnny rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

Matt looked at the others, "I mean it. Stop saying shit to my sister."

They all nodded and I heard a voice behind me, "Sorry I'm late." I turned around and saw a guy with semi-long hair holding a guitar. Matt shrugged, "It's fine."

The guy noticed me staring at him, so he smiled at me, "What's your name, gorgeous?"

"Carter." I said while looking at my feet.

Matt put his hand on my shoulder, "She's my sister. Carter, this is Brian our new guitar player." Brian stuck out his hand and I put my small hand into his. He grinned, "Nice to meet you, Carter."


Now 5 years later, Brian is the guy that I'm in love with, but I could never tell him that. He only sees me like a little sister. Even if he did like me that way, Matt wouldn't allow it.

"Carter!" I heard my step-dad call from downstairs.

I cringed when I heard my name come out of his mouth. I looked down at the bruises on my arms that reminded me of last night's events. Growing up, my Dad left me when I was 3 and Matt was 13. Matt stepped in as a father figure, until he moved out.

He's always on tour with his famous band; Avenged Sevenfold. My mom remarried right after Matt moved out. Right from the start I didn't like the guy. He didn't start hitting me until a year ago. Every time Matt comes to visit, my Mom makes me cover up the bruises.

She doesn't even care that the man she married beats her own daughter.

I walked down the stairs, and rushed into the living room to see my step-dad; Dan watching TV. "Yeah?" I asked, wondering what kind of abuse he would do this time.

"Your Brother and his friends are coming to visit, if you say anything, I'll slit your throat; understood?" He asked while glaring up at me.

I gulped but, nodded. "Yes." I ran back up into my room and I could feel myself get happy again. That seemed to be the only time I was ever happy was when they came to visit.

Instead of putting make up on my bruises, I decided to just wear a long sleeve t shirt. As soon as I put it on, I heard car door slams. I ran to my window, and a smile crept onto my face as I saw my brother and his friends get out of the car.

I walked out of my bedroom as the front door opened. "Where's my baby sister?" Matt called out, and I started running down the stairs. As soon as I got to the bottom, I jumped into his arms. "Mattie!" I wrapped my legs around his torso, and my arms around his neck.

He chuckled, "It's been to long Carter." He then set me back on my feet, as the other guys walked in. Jimmy was the first one to greet me, "Hello my dear Carter, how are you?"

"I'm good, my dear Jimmy." I said mocking him.

He gave me a quick hug. Zack smiled at me, "Hey shortie." I rolled my eyes and Johnny walked in. Johnny and I never got along, so he didn't really say anything to me. I looked behind them wondering where Brian was, but shrugged it off.

"Where's my hug at?" Brian asked with a grin on his face while walking into the house.

I smiled, "Brian!" I ran over to him and collided with his chest. He held me close and chuckled, "I missed you, Carter." I nodded into his chest, "I missed you too, Bri."

Matt interrupted our reunion, "Let's go swimming, it's hot as fuck outside."

They all agreed, and Matt nudged me, "You can just sit on the edge." I nodded and we all headed outside. I hate water, I'm actually deathly scared of it. I went into the water once when I was a kid, and flipped out. I started to have a panic attack and everything.

They all got into the water and I pulled a chair by the pool. Matt who was under water came up to the ledge, "So how've you been? It's been about a month since I saw you."

I shrugged my shoulders, "Fine."

"How's Dan treating you? Is he acting like a Father?" He asked with tense shoulders, he never liked him. I wanted nothing more than to spill my guts to Matt right now, but I couldn't. "Yeah, he's a good guy." I lied smoothly.

Matt seemed surprised but, nodded. "Good, how's Mom doing?"

"She's never home." I said while shrugging.

He sighed, "That sucks. I gotta come visit you more often."

I smiled, "I'd like that." That also means that Dan wouldn't hit me as much.

Jimmy splashed Matt, and he turned around. "Oh, it's on Sullivan." They all had a splashing fight, and I tried my hardest to stay away from it. I felt someone pick me up, and before I could raise my head to see who it was, they threw me into the pool.

Whoever threw me in, threw me into the deep end, and I couldn't touch. I started panicking, and moving my arms and legs frantically, thinking it would help. I went to scream, but a whole bunch a water went flooding into my mouth, and down into my throat. I tried to breathe like an idiot and got a whole bunch of water in my nose.

Right when I thought I would was going to drown to death, I felt strong arms wrap around my body and pull me to surface. As soon as my face was out of the water, I started coughing. My savior helped me to the ledge, and sat me down on it.

I heard Matt yelling really loud, and I turned to see him yelling at our step-dad. I gulped, now realizing that he was the one who threw me in there. I turned my head to see that my savior was Brian. He eyed me carefully, "You okay?"

I went to nod, but I shook my head. "I feel dizzy."

"Probably from all the water you got into your system, just sit there for a little bit. Why don't you take that long sleeve shirt off, do you have a tank top underneath it?" He asked.

I nodded, and tried pulling it off, but I seemed to be too weak. Brian helped me pull it off, and I muttered a low 'thank you' to him. He smiled, "You're-" He stopped mid sentence, and I looked at him to see him looking at my arms. fuck. I grabbed my wet shirt trying to cover it up.

Brian grabbed the shirt from me, and tossed it. "Matt! You better get over here."

Matt rushed over to us, and Brian held up my arms showing off the bruises. Matt got even more pissed, "Who the fuck did this, Carter?"
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story! <3