Status: COMPLETE♥ Sequel is in progress.. -->

Never Let You Go

Let Them Be Happy Part 1

Carter's POV

3 days have passed and I haven't left my room except to use the bathroom. I refused to talk to anybody. I wasn't sure how Brian was taking it but, something tells me he is exactly like me. Matt has tried multiple times to come into my room. I won't let him though, I have the door locked. I let anyone in except him, I didn't want to see him. What he said about sending me back to Mom really hurt.

A knock on my bedroom door echoed through my silent room. I didn't move, asuming it was Matt. It would be his 4th time today trying to get in. "Honey, it's me. Can I come in?" It was Val. She had been the one who would bring me food up.

I crawled out of my bed and walked over to the door. I unlocked it and went back over to my bed to lay in my previous position. The door opened and Val walked in. She came over to me and sat on the edge of the bed. "I have a shower ready for you." I shook my head, not wanting to do anything.

Val placed her hand on my foot, "I know this is rough for you sweetie but, you got to see where Matt is coming from. Brian is 10 years older than you and you're only 16. It's illegal." I closed my eyes, wishing she would just leave. She wasn't the only one who gave me that lecture. I heard it from all of the guys and I'm sure if I would of let Matt in, he would of said the same thing.

She continued to talk, "I think you should at least try and talk to him, Car."

"Why? So, he can send me back to my Mom's house?!" I asked, completely appalled.

Val sighed, "Car, you know he didn't mean that."

I shook my head, "No, he did, Val. My own brother who told me that he wasn't going to let them hurt me anymore threatened to send me back to them if I don't stay away from the one I love. How would you feel if your brother told you that you couldn't see Matt?" I asked, starting to angry.

"That's different, Carter. I'm not 16 years old." She said calmly, probably trying not to upset me.

I scoffed and shook my head, "Age doesn't matter when you're in love." I said while closing my eyes. I was done, I didn't want to talk anymore. Val caught on and patted my leg. "At least take a shower, please? It would make me feel better knowing you did something."

That made me sigh, "Fine."

Valary's POV

Carter went into the bathroom to take a shower while I headed downstairs to talk to Matt. Just as I got to the bottom of the steps, Jimmy walked in the front door. He walked over to me and gave me a big hug. "How's Carter?" He asked gently, afraid to know the answer.

"I got her to take a shower." I said while shrugged my shoulders.

Jimmy smiled, "It's an improvement. Wish I could say the same about Brian." His smile faded into a frown while he rubbed his chin, "Poor guy won't leave the couch. Not even to let Pinkly outside. I had to clean up little poop turds in the hallway. Brian is lucky he's my best friend." He said while wrinkling his nose in disgust.

I chuckled at that image and then sighed. "I hope this all gets better soon." I ran my hand over my face in frustration. Jimmy patted my shoulder. "It will. Just give it some time." I smiled and nodded. We both entered the living room where Matt was on his laptop.

Jimmy sat next to him, "Whatcha doin' dude?"

"Looking for a new guitar player." He sneered while keeping his gaze on the screen.

My eyes widened and Jimmy sighed. "C'mon, dude. You can't be serious. He's one of our best friends and one of the best guitarist in the world. You can't just kick him out."

"He should of thought about that before taking advantage of my little sister." Matt said while balling his hands into fists. I shook my head and sighed, "Matt, he didn't take advantage of her. Carter loves him."

Matt clenched his jaw and exhaled, "She's 16 years old, she doesn't know what love is."

Jimmy was trying to reason with him. "Matt, I know you're angry right now but, kicking Brian out of the band isn't going to make you feel better. It'll just make our band go to shit and you know it."

He didn't respond to Jimmy, just continued to type away on his laptop. Jimmy shook his head angrily at me and I decided to try again. "I hope you realize what you're doing. You're going to throw Brian out of the band and then ban him from seeing Carter. Oh and if she doesn't listen, you're going to send her back to her Mom's where she was beat. You know how fucked up that sounds, Matt? If anyone doesn't know what love is, it's you." I said, while walking into the Kitchen.

A couple minutes passed and Jimmy walked in. "I think that got through to him, he's going to talk to Carter right now." I relaxed a bit and shook my head. "Why does this shit always happen to us?"

Jimmy shrugged, "Who knows."

Carter's POV

I just finished my shower and I changed into my comfy clothes that I have been wearing for the past 3 days. They consisted of a baggy Metallica shirt and black sweat pants. I brushed my hair out and headed back into my room. When I noticed Matt sitting on my bed, I went to head right back out.

"Wait." He said, gesturing while his hands to make me stay. "Please, just let me talk."

I clenched my jaw and crossed my arms, "I don't want to hear anything you have to say. You said enough." I seethed through gritted teeth. Matt sighed and tried to keep his cool. "Carter, I'm doing this because, I love you."

"Oh so, sending me back to get beat by Dan is because, you love me, huh? Oh, I'm feeling the love alright, Matthew." I said sarcastically while grounding my teeth together.

Matt stood to his feet, "Carter, I didn't mean to say that. I would never send you back there and you know it." He said while walking closer to me. I shook my head and glared up at him. "You still said it."

"I was mad and I still am. Once a few days pass, everything will be okay." He explained.

That made me scoff, "Okay?! You think in a few days that I'll be okay?! Have you not seen me the past 3 days! You took away the one that I love, how do you think that makes me feel?!"

Matt objected, "Carter, you don't love him. He's just taking advantage of you-"

I cut him off, "Brian would NEVER take advantage of me and you have no idea how much I love him! I don't care what you say, you can't keep me away from him." I said, while standing my ground.

He balled his hands into fist, "The HELL I can't! I'm am your Guardian, I get to tell you what to do, and you're never allowed to see Brian ever again. He's 10 fucking years older than you, Carter! It's wrong, it's illegal, and I'm not going to let that fly with my baby sister!" Matt started to yell at me.

"No! You can't do that!" I screamed at him with tears rising up into my eyes.

Matt nodded his head, "Yes I can and you will obey me!"

I couldn't take it anymore, I could feel a sob rising in my chest. I was shaking and I kept screaming. "NO!" Over and over again. Matt shook his head, "Crying isn't going to get you anywhere, Carter. My decision is final, you're never going to see Brian."

The next thing that came out of my mouth even surprised me, "I HATE YOU, I WISH YOU WEREN'T MY BROTHER!" What surprised me even more was when I felt Matt's hand connect with the side of my face. I grabbed my cheek and stared at him in horror.

Matt tried to apologize, "Carter-"

I didn't let him finish the sentence, I ran out of my room and down the stairs. I grabbed my shoes out of the front closet and slipped them on. By that time, Matt was coming down the stairs so, I ran out the front door. It was raining really bad and it was just starting to get dark. I took off running before Matt could even call my name. I knew exactly where I was going to go.

Once I got to the familiar house, I pounded on the front door with shaky hands. I was soaking wet and I had goose bumps on my arms. I could barely breathe and I had tears running down my cheeks.

The door opened, "Carter?!" Brian didn't think twice about pulling me into his arms. My body seemed to relax a bit once, I inhaled his scent. I kept saying, "He hit me." Over and over. Brian guided me into the living room, shutting the door behind us.

He sat me down on the couch and pulled a blanket over me, "Who hit you, Carter?" Brian asked, gently.

"M-Matt.." I said while my bottom lip began to quiver.

Brian tensed up but, pulled me into his arms. He traced shapes on my back with his finger tips and I was slowly beginning to calm down. I gripped onto Brian's shirt for dear life. "Brian, he promised he'd never hit me." I said with a shaky sob escaping my lips.

His hand smoothed out my wet hair, "I know, Baby. I know."

Matt's POV

Jimmy and Val called the rest of the guys to have them come over. I was sitting in the living room with my head in my hands. I messed up, big time. Once, Zack entered the room he wanted to lung at me but, Jimmy held him back. "Why couldn't you just let them be happy?! Huh? Instead you had to hit her and now she ran away! Great going, genius!"

"It was an accident, I just lost control." I said, trying to defend myself.

Zack shook his head in disbelief, "Maybe if you would of just realized they were in love and let them be, you wouldn't of lost control! Who fucking cares if he's 10 years older than her, who cares if it's illegal? We should just be happy that it's someone we know and not some weird ass stranger. You know Brian treats girls like royalty and you know he won't hurt Carter so, just fucking let them be together!" He yelled at me before, walking out of my house and slamming the door in the process.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys. I pretty much have the rest of the story typed out so, I'm letting you guys choose on when you want me to post the chapters. Should I wait a day or two. Or do you want 2 updates in one day? Idk, up to you guys. Let me know?

Oh, by the way I hope you guys don't hate me for changing POV so much in this chapter. I tried keeping it in Carter's for the most part but, it just didn't come out right. I promise the next chapter isn't all over to place with POV's.

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
naturalbornsynner
fiction;
KaelynKatastrophe
FaBzShadows
AshlynnTheRevLover
Jesse711
CrazyPebbles21
VampGirl4eva
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
BabiiDoll103
Recklessly Brave
KCSavege
JustThinking
aRitaSousa
ashadowedchazly
Suicidal_Love
RnFnR6661
xXSpeachlessXx
caligirl1605
You guys always make me smile, thank you! ♥

Image