Status: COMPLETE♥ Sequel is in progress.. -->

Never Let You Go

Baby-sat

Matt's POV

It was going on 1 in the morning, and I was sitting in the living room watching TV. More like staring into the TV, not knowing what I was even watching. I was so pissed that I couldn't sleep. I was mad that I didn't kill that fucker when I had the chance. Bella, my dog must of noticed my mood changed because, she lifted her head and laid on my lap. I petted her a couple of times, and let my mind wander.

My baby sister was being beat for a year, and I didn't have a fucking clue.

My hands balled into fists, I was so angry I never noticed something was up. It was all my fault, I never liked Dan in the first place, I should of done research on him, or something. Anything that would of helped my sister.

Footsteps were coming from the hallway, and Val, my girlfriend appeared in her pajamas. She gave me a soft smile before taking a seat next to me. She grabbed my hand, "Come to bed, Matt."

"I can't." I said while staring blankly into the TV.

She squeezed my hand comfortingly, "What's on your mind?"

I inhaled, and exhaled sharply, "Wishing I would of killed that piece of shit."

Val sighed, "Honey, you know that would kill Carter to see you in prison."

"My little sister was being beat by a man for a fucking year, and I had no clue. I didn't even notice. I'm such a horrible brother." I said while burying my head into my hands, and Bella whined.

Val rubbed my back soothingly. "Matt, this isn't your fault, and you're not a horrible brother. Look at what you're doing, you're taking your 15 year old sister in at the age of 25. That makes you a great brother. She loves you, Matt."

I raised my head, "I know. I just wish she would of told me sooner."

"He threatened to hurt you, Matt. You know how much you mean to her." Val explained, which was the truth. I didn't say anything though, and she put her hand on my shoulder, "Honey, just concentrate on her now. She's here, and she's safe. That's all that matters."

I took a deep breath, and exhaled. "You're right." I grabbed a hold of her hand, "Tomorrow, do you think you could stay with Carter, while the guys and I go to get the rest of her crap?"

She nodded, "Of course, maybe I can take her shopping."

"Oh god no, she hates shopping." I said while leaning back into the couch.

Val looked at me like she seen a ghost. "What girl 'hates' shopping."

I let a chuckle out, "Carter. Ever since she was 6, I would buy her clothes for her."

"Oh my god, that poor child!" Val put her hand over her mouth.

That made me nudge her playfully, "Hey, she liked what I bought her."

Val grinned, "That's because it's coming from her big brother. Why didn't your Mom buy them?"

I scratched my neck, "Carter hated everything my Mom picked out, so one day my Mom got fed up, and threw me a wad of cash. She told me to buy her clothes, so I did. Once I got home, Carter loved it, and my Mom told me that I was going to buy them from now on."

She shook her head in disbelief, "What did you dress her in?"

I rubbed my hand on my pants, "A rock t shirt, jeans, and converse."

"You dressed a 6 year old in a rock t shirt, jeans, and converse?! What's the matter with you?" Val asked, horrified.

That made me laugh, "Hey, she was the coolest dressed kid in the second grade."

"Maybe in your eyes." Val replied with sarcasm.

"My taste in clothes isn't that bad." I defended myself.

She leaned in and kissed me, "Whatever you say, babe. Let's go to bed, now."

I nodded, "Yeah, it's getting pretty late." I turned the TV off with the remote, and started walking up the stairs with Bella following us. Val went into my bedroom, and I went into Carter's room to check on her.

It made me smile when I found her sleeping peacefully in her bed. Safe. I had to keep telling myself. I let out a quiet chuckle when Bella jumped on the bed and curled up behind Carter's legs. I kissed Carter's head, and patted Bella's head before heading to my room.

Once I was in bed, laying next to Val, she looked around. "Where's Bella?"

"She's sleeping with Carter." I said while snuggling into the pillow.

Val chuckled, "I think you lost your dog."

Morning

Carter's POV

I woke up the next morning, and my ribs didn't hurt as much. I sat up and got attacked by a tongue. I chuckled, and smiled when I realized it was Bella, Matt's dog. I petted her a couple times. "Hey girl."

She wagged her tail, and I chuckled. "Let's go see where your Daddy is at." That made her jump off of the bed, and we headed downstairs. I heard voices from the kitchen, and I walked in to see everyone sitting at the table.

Jimmy grinned, "Sleeping beauty has awoken."

I chuckled, and Matt patted a seat next to him. I sat down at the table, and realized there was a plate full of my favorite breakfast food in front of me. I eyed Matt and he smiled. I grabbed a fork and dug into the eggs. A cell phone started ringing, and Val got up to get it.

Matt looked at me, "So how'd you sleep?"

"Good." I said with a shrug.

Zack butted in, "Matt said you had the dog sleeping with you, how did you sleep good?"

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

He chuckled, "Whenever I stay over the dog always bites my feet, and won't let me sleep."

"That's because she doesn't like you." Matt said with a laugh.

Zack gave him an odd look, "That dog loves me."

"Whatever you say, Baker." I said while continuing to eat my eggs.

Val walked back over to us. "Matt, my mom is in the hospital."

Matt looked up at her worried, "Is she okay?"

She shrugged, "I don't know, I have to go. I'll call you when I find something out." Val leaned down and gave Matt a quick kiss before leaving the house.

Everything got kind of silent, except for my eating, and I was starting to think I was being too loud. Matt finally broke the silence, "What do you want me to grab from the house?"

"Just my guitars, amp, pictures, and jewelry box." I said while talking another bite of my food.

He nodded, and looked at the guys. "Would one of you want to stay behind with Carter?"

I sent a glare in his direction, "I don't need to be baby-sat, Matthew."

Matt sighed, "I know, Carter. I would just feel better if someone was here with you."

"I'll do it." Brian finally said something. It made my heart beat faster, and Matt looked at me, "Is that okay?" I bit my lip, and nodded; not trusting my voice.

He stood up from the table, "Alright well, we're going to go now. I don't want to have another encounter with Dan." I tensed up at his name, and Matt kissed my forehead. All of the other guys ruffled my hair before leaving. I finished up my food and put the dish in the sink.

Brian grinned, "So what do you wanna do?"

I shrugged, "I'm still kind of tired, I think I'm going to watch TV." I said while walking into the living room and turned the TV on. Brian sat down on the couch, and I sat a cushion away from him. I don't think my heart could handle me being so close to me.

His phone started ringing so I turned the volume down, so it didn't bug him. "Hello?" He asked into the receiver, and I waited patiently for him to hang up.

"I'm with Carter right now, I told Matt I'd stay with her." He explained, and he sighed. "Sadie, you don't have to come over." I tensed up at her name. I really hope she listens to him.

"Fine." He sighed again, before hanging up.

I looked at him, "What's up?"

Brian put his phone back in his pocket, "Sadie's coming over, she doesn't think we should be alone together." My heart tightened up and Brian laughed. "What does she think we'll do? Make-out?"

I laughed, uneasy." We'd never." I managed to spit out.

He chuckled, "Not in a million years." Ouch.

There was a knock at the door and Brian went to get it. He came back with Sadie attached to his arm. I tried my best not to glare at her, but she glared at me, "Hey freak. How'd you manage to get Brian to stay with you? Aren't you a little to old to be baby sat, you're what? 13 years old."

"15." I corrected her, and she did a little hair flip. "Whatever." She leaned up and kissed Brian. I clenched my fists, knowing she was just doing it to piss me off. They started to make out, and I couldn't handle seeing it any longer without going insane or puking.

I got up and made my way around them, Brian pulled back. "Carter, where are you going?" I didn't respond as I walked up the stairs, but I heard Sadie say, "Don't worry about her, baby."

Once I got into my room, I slammed the door, and laid on my bed. I buried my head into my pillow, letting the tears free. I wasn't sure how much longer I could go without telling Brian how I feel. You have to. I had to keep telling myself, because there was no way I could tell him. He would probably laugh in my face, and then tell Matt, who would yell at me.

My life sucks.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is becoming my favorite story to type! <3

Thanks to following people who left comments:
kiikyta
Somehow.Saving.You
lovelyavenger
Alwayskeeprunning
terus mino
hu4lyfe
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
You guys rock! :D