Status: COMPLETE♥ Sequel is in progress.. -->

Never Let You Go

Epilogue

Carter's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Loud voices made me sit straight up in my bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked around to see Matt and Val standing there with a small cake in their hands. It had white frosting with red icing that said 'Happy 18th Birthday Carter'. There was a 1 and an 8 candle lit in the middle of it.

Matt pulled it over to me, "Make a wish!" He said with the biggest grin on his face.

I wish for happiness for the rest of my life.

I took a deep breath and blew both candles out. Val and Matt clapped while giving me a small hug. Val was smiling ear to ear, "How does it feel to be 18 now, Carter? You don't have to follow Matt's rules anymore." Matt glared at her but, she just stuck her tongue out at him.

"I feel the same." I said while shrugging.

Matt gave me a stern look, "Ah ah ah! No moping around on this year's birthday. You're finally 18 so, you're celebrating. I had a huge party for my 18th birthday, so are you."

A groan escaped my lips while I pushed the hair out of my face, "Aw, c'mon. I don't want a huge party. Can't we just have what we had last year and the year before that?" I asked.

"Sorry." He said while shrugging his shoulders.

Val grabbed onto Matt's shoulder, "Let's leave her so she can get ready." She tugged him towards the door and looked back at me. "The party starts in a couple hours." A sigh escaped my lips knowing there was no way I could escape this.

My phone started to ring and I picked it off of the end table. Brian flashed across the screen and my heart started to skip a beat. A smile tugged onto my lips as I hit accept. "Hello?"

"Happy birthday Baby! You're finally legal!" He exclaimed and I could picture the smile on his lips.

I couldn't hide my smile, "Thanks, Bri and I know. It feels great."

Brian chuckled a bit, "Well I'm glad." His chuckle went away and a sigh replaced it. That made me frown while biting the inside of my mouth, "What's wrong?"

"I can't make it to your party-"

"What?!" I asked in shock.

He sighed, "I know, I'm sorry. They have me finishing up my guitar tracks in the Studio. I can't leave until I'm finished which won't be till like midnight. I am so sorry, Carter. I'll make it up to you, I swear." Brian said trying to make me feel better.

I took a breath and exhaled. He couldn't ditch working at the studio. It's his job and I couldn't ask him to do that anyway. I shrugged my shoulders while sighing, "It's okay."

Brian could still tell I was upset by this, "Carter, I promise you I will make this up to you. We'll spend all day together tomorrow. Just you and me."

"My birthday isn't tomorrow, though." I said with a low-tone voice.

He grunted a bit, "I know and I'm sorry but, my job comes first."

I sighed, "It's fine."

"I gotta go now but, tomorrow it'll be you and me for the whole day." He said and I could hear the rattle of keys in the back ground. "I love you Carter." I said the same back to him and we said our good-byes. I got out of my bed and headed to the bathroom to take a long needed shower.

The party had just begun and a lot of people were showing up. They weren't people that I knew very well but, they were Matt's friends. A lot of bands were here as well. I glanced over at the 'present table' and it was filled with boxes and tons of cards. Finally some people that I actually knew showed up.

"My little Carter is growing up!" Zack said with a sad frown on his face as he pulled me into a tight hug. He started to fake cry and I rolled my eyes while nudging his shoulder. "Stop crying you big goof." Zack chuckled and let go of me, "Where's your boy toy at?"

I rolled my eyes again but, shrugged. "He had to work at the studio."

"He did?" Zack asked confused.

That made me shrug my shoulders, "That's what he said."

He pursed his lips. "Hmm."

Zack's girlfriend Gena pulled me into a hug, "Happy Birthday Honey!"

"Thanks." I gave her a warm smile as she let go.

The two ran off and I was greeted by Jimmy and Leana. They smothered me in kisses and hugs. I tried to enjoy it but, it would of been a lot better if I could have my boyfriend here with me. Johnny and his girlfriend Lacey showed up a little late but, gave me hugs like the others.

All these people that I didn't even know came over to me and said happy birthday. It was just weird but, I didn't want to be a bitch and ruin everything. I plastered a fake smile and thanked everyone. Finally we finished dinner and had cake. Matt took me over to the present table. "Time to open presents." I eyed them and then cocked an eyebrow at Matt, "You want me to open all of these?!"

He nodded while smiling. "Come on, I'll help you."

Everyone gathered around as I started to open the cards first. After opening about 50 cards, I moved on to the boxes and bags. They all had something to do with my favorite rock bands or something for my guitars. Finally I opened my last gift that was a Metallica shirt and I thanked the person who got it for me. People started heading out and I was becoming really tired. It was only going on 6pm but, I had a long day. I headed inside to go up into my room but, Matt stopped me. "Where are you going?"

"To my room." I said while turning around to face him, "I'm tired."

He shook his head, "No, I have a surprise for you so, come on."

That made me groan, "Please, Matt. No more. I suffered enough."

Matt laughed, "Carter, you'll like this surprise. Trust me."

"Yeah, Carter. You will." Jimmy made his presence known.

I crossed my arms, "Where are we going?" I asked wondering why he said 'come on'.

He smirked, "That's the surprise. We got to drive there so.." Matt pulled out a blind fold and I shook my head. "I am NOT wearing a blind fold, Matthew!" Jimmy snickered and Matt shrugged his shoulders. "Oh but, you are."

I went to head up the stairs but, Jimmy's long arms wrapped around my waist to hold me back. "Carter, stop being stubborn. You'll like this surprise." Jimmy explained with a laugh. I tried to move out of his grip but, he was too strong.

Matt was surely getting a kick out of this, "Alright, let's go." He grabbed my arm and guided me out of the house like I was a 3 year old. He opened the passenger side of his car and I got in. I crossed my arms over my chest as he got in the driver's side. I put my seat belt on suddenly defeated. He smirked at me, "Here put it on." Matt handed the blindfold over to me.

"Is that really necessary?" I asked, still not wanting to wear that damn thing.

He nodded while starting the car up, "Yes, now just do it."

I rolled my eyes while slipping the blindfold over my eyes. Matt started driving, "It's going to be awhile so, you might as well take a nap." He chuckled and I sighed. This surprise better be worth it. I would much rather be at home sleeping.

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep until I felt Matt shaking my shoulder, "Carter, we're here." His voice woke me up out of a deep sleep. When I opened my eyes, I couldn't see anything. My hands went to the blindfold on my eyes but, Matt stopped me. "Not yet. You have to walk a little ways first."

A groan escaped my lips, "How? I can't fucking see?!" I exclaimed.

Matt chuckled, "No need to get upset with me now. You'll love me once you see the surprise."

"Yeah, yeah." I said while scoffing.

He sighed, "Fine, I'll just carry you." As I was about to protest, I felt an arm slip underneath my legs and one behind my back. Matt cradled me to his chest and started walking. I heard a door open and Matt continued to walk. The familiar scent filled my nostrils but, I couldn't quite put my finger to where we exactly were. It felt like he was walking up stairs and finally after like 15 steps, he was walking on a floor.

Matt set me to my feet, "Okay. You can take it off now."

"Finally." I exhaled sharply while pulling the blindfold off. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I looked around. I noticed we were in a hallway, standing in front of a door. It then clicked in my head to where we were. I looked up at Matt confused, "Why are we at the Cabin?"

He pointed to the door, "It's your surprise." Matt said with a smirk on his face.

It was the door to the bedroom that I stayed in when we came up here. It was also the bedroom I shared with Brian that long time ago. I couldn't believe it was that long ago.

"Are you going to go in there?" Matt asked while pulling me out of my thoughts.

I took a deep breath while gripping the door handle. I still wasn't sure what to expect. I opened the door and walked in. A smile formed onto my lips when I saw candles lit all over the room. There was rose petals in the shape of a heart on the floor and there was some slow love song playing. My eyes finally landed on Brian who was smiling as big as me. He was wearing dark jeans with a black v neck shirt. His hair was spiked up in every direction, just the way I liked it.

He made his way over to me in about 3 long strides and took my hands in his. I smiled up at him, "You, liar." Brian shrugged innocently, "I wanted it to be a surprise."

I nodded, "It definitely was. You did all of this for my birthday?" I asked, while looking around at the beautiful candles. Brian put his hand in his pocket, "Yes but, that's not all." He said and I looked back at him while frowning. "There's more?"

A smile was forming on his lips and I watched him lower down so he was on one knee. Every muscle in my body was now completely frozen. A breath hitched in my throat and he pulled out a little black box. His eyes didn't leave mine. "Carter Lynn Sanders, will you do me the honor in becoming my wife?" He opened the box to reveal the diamond ring. My mouth opened but, no words were coming out.

Brian noticed this and chuckled, "Is that a yes?"

Finally I gained control over my body and nodded, "Yes! It's a yes!"

He slipped the ring onto my finger while, I shook with excitement. Brian got to his feet and pulled me in for a passionate kiss. He then wrapped his arms around my body and spun me around. "You just made me the happiest man in the world!" Brian said while grinning ear to ear.

I chuckled and looked back at the door to see Matt smiling at us. I shook my head at him, "I can't believe you didn't warn me or something." He shook his head, "I didn't want to ruin it." Matt walked over to us and I wrapped my arms around my Brother. "You were right. I did like this surprise."

He patted my back, "I knew you would." Matt let go of me and patted Brian's shoulder. "I already told you this before but, I'm going to tell you again. If there's a day that comes and your break her heart, I'll fucking kill you." Matt said in a serious tone.

It didn't phase Brian. He just nodded, "Well you won't have to worry about that because, that day will never come." Matt smiled and patted Brian's shoulder again, "Good then, congratulations to the both of you. I love you guys."

"I love you too." I said while giving him another hug.

Brian patted Matt's back, "I love you too, dude."

Matt headed for the door, "You guys have a nice weekend now." He walked out of the room and I looked back over at Brian. "We're staying here for the weekend?" I asked while getting excited.

He nodded, "We sure are. Technically when I told you we were spending the day together tomorrow, I wasn't lying. We're just spending the whole weekend together." Brian said with a grin plastered on his face. I chuckled while wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Happy birthday Carter." He murmured in my ear, causing a few pleasurable shivers to run down my spine. I held him closer. "Thank you, Brian. I must be the luckiest girl in the world right now."

Brian chuckled while letting go of me, "How about a late night swim?"

My eyes widened in fear and I shook my head, "Uh, maybe another time. Plus I don't have a bathing suit. I don't even have any clothes." I said while slapping my forehead.

"While you were outside at your party, Val packed up everything you would need and gave it to me to bring up here." Brian said while pointing to the suitcase in the corner of the room.

I started to bite my lip, "I don't know."

Brian's arms snaked around my waist, "I'll be in there with you. The last time you were in a pool was 2 and half years ago. I won't let anything happen to you, Carter." He placed a light kiss on my forehead.

That made me cave, "Okay, okay. Let's go swimming."

He smiled and gave me a light peck on my lips, "Meet me down there when you're done changing." Brian winked at me before walking out of the room. My cheeks were heated and my heart was racing still. I just couldn't believe that I just got engaged to Brian Haner Jr.

I made my way over to the suitcase and unzipped it. I shook my head seeing my clothes. They had this all planned out. I couldn't complain though because, it was probably the best thing to ever happen to me. I found my bikini and I quickly changed into it. I checked my phone and saw I had 5 new text messages.

Jimmy:
I told u that u would like the surprise! :P Love you, congrats!<3

Zack:
Congratulations, Car! USE PROTECTION ;)

Johnny:
Congrats! You guys are perfect together (:

Val:
I love you kiddo, congrats! Have fun this weekend but, not too much fun. You and Bri have your whole lives to have fun. (; <3


Their messages made me chuckle. They were definitely an amazing family. I set my phone down and headed down the stairs. Once I was down, I headed for the patio door. Brian was already in the pool waiting for me. I slowly walked over to the pool remembering the memories. The good ones and even the bad ones.

Brian came to the edge, "It's okay, I'm going to be right here with you."

I let out a shaky breath as I knelled down and sat on my butt. I bit my lip while looking at Brian. He gave me a reassuring nod. "You're going to be fine." I took a deep breath and slipped into the nice warm water. My feet touched the bottom and I relaxed.

"See? You're okay." Brian said while placing a kiss on my head.

That made me narrow my gaze on him, "Yeah because, I'm in the shallow end."

Brian took a hold of my hand, "I'll take you in the deep end."

"NO!" I said really fast while shaking my head.

He kissed the back of my hand, "Carter, you'll be fine. Just hang onto the edge of the pool until you're in the deep end." Brian said calmly and I shook my head. I was too afraid.

"You trust me, don't you?" Brian asked and I nodded on an instant. He gave me a small smile, "Then, you can do this. I won't let anything happen to you." I took a deep breath and held onto the side. I moved along the wall until I was in the deep end. I refused to let it go.

Brian swam over to me and grabbed my arm, "Come with me."

I let go of the wall carefully and let him pull me. I was about to go under the water and I started to panic. Brian pulled me into his arms in a swift movement, "It's okay, I got you."

"Don't let go." I pleaded while gripping onto him for dear life.

Brian's lips were by my ear, "I'll never let you go, Carter." It was right then and there that I realized he was all mine. I was going to spend the rest of my life with him and I couldn't get any happier than I already was.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINISHED♥ Prepare for a long last author's note.

First off, I want to say that I'm actually proud of this story. This was the first story that I created on Mibba that I put so much time and effort into it. It makes me feel good seeing that people actually liked a creation I made.

Second, I couldn't of done this without all the support I got from everybody. You guys are all amazing and I can't thank you enough. ♥

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
NyssaNightmare
raindrxps
Spoileddxbrat
FaBzShadows
cindycannibal
CrazyPebbles21
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
JustThinking
ashadowedchazly
HopelessHearts99
Suicidal_Love
Jesse711
RnFnR6661
xXPinkyPieXx
A7xMeredith15
Mari_Raven
KaelynKatastrophe
KCSavege
S.dunning1510
iheartzackyvengeance
XxRebeccaLeexX
I love each and everyone of you!♥

I also want to thank the people who commented on every chapter. I could put all of your names out but, I'm too lazy. :P Plus you all know who you are and I thank you for sticking with me.

Recs: 85
Readers: 983
Subscribers: 356
Comments: 574


My goal over all on this story was to have 300 comments. Being 200+ that makes me fricken smile. You guys are just amazing, that's all I can really say. ♥

Image

GIF spoiling starts now. You have been warned. ;)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I. LOVE. YOU<3

Even though it saddens me to see it end, Never Let You Go is finally finished. I hope you all enjoyed this somehow. I know I enjoyed writing it. ♥