Status: COMPLETE♥ Sequel is in progress.. -->

Never Let You Go

Confessions Part 1

Carter's POV

An hour passed, and Matt still wasn't home yet. I was starting to get thirsty, but I didn't want to go down there to see Brian and that making out. As time went on, my throat became more, and more dry. I got in a 'fuck it' mood, and walked out of my room.

Once I got to the bottom of the steps, I heard that whiny voice in the living room. Brian was talking to her about that band, and she didn't even care. That bitch. I walked past the living room real quick, and got in the kitchen hoping, they didn't see me.

I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge, and as soon as I shut the fridge, the devil's spawn walked into the kitchen. "Hey, Brian told me about Dan." My hand gripped the water bottle tighter, and she chuckled. "I'm sure whatever you did, you deserved being beat."

My heart tightened up, and I ran out of the kitchen. I collided into Brian, and I had tears streaming down my cheeks. He grabbed my shoulder, "Whoa, what happened?"

"Your fucking girlfriend is what happened!" I screamed at him, while tears continued to run freely.

He cocked an eyebrow, as Sadie walked out of the kitchen towards us. She rolled her eyes, "She's being over dramatic."

"Over dramatic? Are you fucking kidding me, right now?! You told me that I deserved to be beat, you're a fucking bitch!" I yelled at her, and now my tears were angry tears.

Brian of course didn't say anything.

I couldn't handle it anymore, I just let it out. "I can't believe you, Brian! You're just going to stand there, and let her say shit about me that way! She's been doing it for months now, and you don't even fucking care! You don't even stick up for me, I'm sick of it!"

Sadie butted in, "I'm his girlfriend, he sides with me."

"Wow, so you think I deserved being beat?" I snapped at Brian.

He hesitated, and I stormed out the back door. I kept walking until, I got to the swing that I always used to sit on when I got bored, but this time, I just needed to get under control. Tears were trickling down my face, and I wiped them with my hands.

Why won't he stick up for me?

I kept asking myself over and over again. Brian was the only guy I was close to, growing up. Well, besides Matt. He used to baby-sit me, he used to take me to the park, take me for ice cream, and now I feel even worse for having feelings for him. He's like a brother to me, but I didn't see him that way.

I raised my head as I heard footsteps in the grass. Brian caught up to me, and sat next to me on the swing. I finally stopped crying, and he broke the silence. "You're right."

"About what?" I asked while keeping my gaze on the ground.

He sighed. "About not sticking up for you. I just let her say shit to you, and I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. I guess I was afraid that if I stood up for you, that she would get mad, and dump me, but now I don't even fucking care. She's just a heartless bitch."

I raised my head to see if he was serious. The look on his face, made me believe that he was.

Brian looked at me in the eye, "Carter, I'm sorry. I really am, I'm so fucking sorry I let her say all that shit to you! You didn't deserve any of it, from now on, she isn't going to say anything to you, anymore." He opened his arms up, and I let him pull me into an embrace.

It was really hard to stay mad at the one you love. Moments like these, were the ones I wish lasted forever. That never happened in my life, though.

"Hey, guys." Jimmy said while coming over to us.

I let go of Brian and we both mumbled a 'hey' to him.

Jimmy eyed the both of us, "What happened?"

Brian looked at me, before looking back at Jimmy. "We had a fight, but we're good now."

"Oh, well Matt wants to see you, Car." Jimmy said while leaning against the swing.

I got out of the swing and walked back inside the house. Matt was leaning against the counter looking through some papers. "Jimmy said you wanted to see me?"

Matt finally noticed me, and a huge smile formed on his lips. "I'm officially your guardian."

"Really?" I asked, making sure I wasn't dreaming.

He nodded, with the smile still intact. "Really!"

A smile crept onto my face, and there was no way I could contain my excitement. I ran around the counter and jumped into his arms. He picked me up, and twirled me around. Words couldn't even describe how happy I was right now.

Matt set me back on my feet, still hugging me. "I love you, kiddo."

"I love you too, Matt. Thank you so much for doing this for me. I don't think I can ever repay you." I said while burying my head into his chest.

He patted my back, "You don't need to repay me, I'm your brother. I'm doing this, because you deserve to be with family that will care for you, properly. Now, you'll never have to see Dan or Mom ever again. Just you, and me."

I heard a whine, and Matt chuckled. "-And Bella."

That made me laugh, and I finally pulled away from him.

The guys all piled back into the kitchen where we were, and they all gave me hugs.

Jimmy grinned, "This calls for a celebration! Let's go to the beach!"

They all agreed except, Matt. "Guys, let's do something Carter will want to do."

I shook my head, "No, I want to go to the beach. It's fine, I'll watch you guys in the water."

Matt eyed me cautiously, "You sure?"

I gave him a nod, and he shrugged. "Alright, let's go to the beach."

Jimmy clapped his hands, "Yay! I have to get my ducky bathing suit trunks!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappy ending, this is only part 1. Part 2 shall be posted later on. ;D

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
kierstlovesyou
KaitylynJo
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
XxRebeccaLeexX
MemoriesMakeMe
You guys rock! :)