Status: COMPLETE♥ Sequel is in progress.. -->

Never Let You Go

Pool Part 1

Carter's POV

We finally retired from the four-wheeler, and it was going on dinner time. Matt was grilling up some food, while the other guys were in the swimming pool. I sat down in a chair next to Brian, and just watched the guys fight over a beach ball. It was quite a funny sight.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Brian stare at me. My face started to heat up, and I turned to look at him. "Is there something on my face?" He just turned his attention back to the guys. I heard him mutter, "Fuck." Under his breath, and he crossed his legs uncomfortably.

I noticed he had another friend, and I busted out laughing. He sent a glare in my direction, and I smiled. "What is wrong with you?" I asked quietly.

Brian gritted his teeth, "It's not my fault! If you didn't wear clothes like that, this wouldn't be happening!" He shouted in a whispered tone, so no one else could hear.

That made me stand up, and stand in front of him. "I bet Sadie can't make you get 3 boners in the past 24 hours." I smirked, trying to be funny, and he tensed up. "Don't start."

I was way past 'starting'. "Seriously, though, does she even make you excited that way?"

Brian grabbed my arm, and his dark eyes gazed into mine. "Carter, I'm serious."

"I bet you are." I said, while smirking down at his 'friend'. He got mad, and shoved me. I lost my balance, and went flying backwards into the pool. As soon as I went under water, it felt like Deja Vu. I started panicking, and felt someone pull me to the surface.

I started coughing uncontrollably, and found out Zack was my savior this time. He sat me on the ledge of the pool, and patted my back a couple times to make the water come out of my mouth. Matt was yelling at Brian, and I managed to stand up. "Matt, stop."

He turned his head in my direction, "Carter he fuckin' threw you in the pool-"

"No, he didn't." I said while walking towards them.

Matt rolled his eyes, "I seen it with my own eyes."

I coughed a couple more times, and shook my head. "No, I lost my balance. Brian was trying to save me, you just saw it wrong." I bit the inside of my lip, hoping Matt would believe it.

Matt sighed in relief, and looked at Brian. "Sorry, dude. I should of realized that."

Brian shrugged his shoulders uneasily. "It's all cool, man."

"Go change, and just rest. I'll bring you up some food." Matt said while patting my shoulder with his hand. I noticed Brian looking at me, but I ignored him as I walked inside the house. I made my way up into the room.

Once I got out of my wet clothes, I changed into some nice, warm pajamas. I crawled under the blankets on my bed. My heart beat was still going erratically. I was scared to death of water, everyone knew that. Brian knows that, but that didn't stop him from pushing me.

I clutched the blanket to my chest, trying to calm myself. Taking in deep breaths to prevent myself from having a breakdown. I don't even really know why I'm so afraid of water, I think something happened to me when I was little.

The door opened, and I sighed, knowing Brian was going to try and talk to me.

"Carter?" He asked, while creeping over to the bed.

I didn't respond.

Brian sat on the edge of the bed, "I'm sorry, Carter. I shouldn't of did that, I was just so mad."

"Brian, you fucking pushed me in the pool! You know I'm scared of the water-" I was starting to get chocked up. "-But you still fucking did it." I said, while wiping my eyes.

He sighed, "I know, and I'm sorry. I wasn't fucking thinking! Please, I didn't mean to do it, honestly." Brian said while reaching out for my hand, but I pulled it under the covers. I didn't say anything as the tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Carter, you don't know how bad I feel right now." He said, with a saddened tone.

That made me scoff, "Good, you should feel bad."

Brian rubbed his face, and exhaled. "I don't know what else to say."

"Just get out." I said while facing the opposite direction of him.

I felt him rise from the bed, "Alright, if that's what you want." For once in my life, it was what I wanted. It was going to take a really long time for me to forgive him after he did that.

***

It was going on 10pm, and Matt just said goodnight to me. I was starting to think Brian was going to sleep on the couch, but I didn't get that lucky. He walked in, and shut the door behind him. I closed my eyes, to pretend like I was sleeping. I didn't feel like talking.

The blanket moved, and I felt him crawl underneath. I felt him sigh, "I know you're up."

"So." I said with my eyes still closed.

"Look at me." He said with a softer tone.

I opened my eyes, and looked into his chocolate filled eyes as he spoke. "I'm so fucking sorry, Carter. I don't know I can make it up to you, but I'll try. I never would ever want to put you in something you fear your life of. You gotta trust me when, I say I wasn't thinking." He was being sincere, I know he was, but I was still pissed off.

My response was rolling my eyes. Brian grunted as he leaned forward, and before I could even question what he was doing, he crushed his lips against mine. Just like our first kiss, my heart beat spun out of control. His lips moved against mine in a soft, gentle way. It was like he was trying to apologize, like he was feeling bad. "I was just doing it to make her feel better."It clicked in my head, and I pulled back.

Brian frowned, "Carter-"

I cut him off, "Leave."

He seemed confused. "What-"

I wouldn't let him get more than a word out, "I said leave! Go sleep on the couch, I don't want you in here." I turned the opposite direction of him, and closed my eyes. Squeezing them tightly shut, as I felt him get out of the bed.

The door slamming made me flinch, but I should of expected it. I just couldn't let him play with my feelings like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.. /: 4:00am seems to be my updating time for this. :P

Thanks to the following people who left amazing comments:
Brian Haner Snr.
I'm Your Apocalypse
JustThinking
MemoriesMakeMe
Matty Mullins
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
XxRebeccaLeexX
JennyLynn2012
pekigirl
FaBzShadows
You guys make my day! :)

If there isn't another update out later on, expect one at 4am the next day, like usual.