Life as a Single Mother

Chapter Five- Mommy Who That Bad Man?

I couldn't even explain what I was feeling, Adriana was afraid that Angelo was going to come back. For all that matter I was to, what could he want? He really can't just suspect to leave me the way he did after everything he did to me and expect for me to love him still?
"Mommy I'm scared" Adriana sat by Sam, I sat by her.
"I know baby girl I am too"
"Mommy who that bad man? Why he try hurt you?"
Oh how I wish I could tell her but I can't."He's an old friend of mommy's. He's mean, you know he hurt mommy before you were here?"
"He did? What he do?"
"Well he called mommy a lot of mean names and he never really cared me.Honey,I will explain more to you when you get older but right now that guy is a really bad man, okay?"
Adriana looked at me with fear in her eyes still, I didn't know what to tell her, I wish I could tell her the truth but she still so young she wouldn't understand it.No matter how I hard tried to explain, besides I don't think she should know at her young age.
"Um you can sit down Harry.I'm going to go change" I said, as Harry sat down beside Sam,"Come on Adri" I took her hand leading her into our bedroom. I took out her pjs from the dresser and she changed into them then sat by Sam, allowing me to wash off all my makeup and change as well. I was still very timided to everything. I never thought that seeing him would make me so scared like this.
I came out changed, and sat by Harry and Sam, Adriana crawled onto my lap holding on her new pillow pet that Harry had gotten her. We sat on the couch watching TV. Harry leaned over to me, "You okay?" he whispered.
I held back my tears, bit my lip a little, and shook my head 'No'. I know, Harry could tell that I was close to crying. He scooted closer to me, and let me lean my head on his shoulder. I felt a little better but still I was so scared. I don't know how I could so scared of him. He can't do anything to me, he's done all his damage.
"Mommy?"
"Yeah, honey?"
"That man isn't gonna hurt us right?"
I felt my heart breaking, I swallowed hard, "He's never going to hurt us sweetie, I promise." I said looking at Harry. I just wanted this day to be over, I couldn't stand it. This was suppose to be a good day, meeting Harry, getting to know him, falling in even more love with him. Yet, my ex had to show up and ruin everything. Now I'm too scared to even walk around in my own house.
"Harry?" Adriana asked.
"Yeah?"
"You're going to stay here right?"
"Only if you and your mom wants me to"
"Mommy, can Harry stay?"
"Sure"
"Harry, you stay here"
Harry chuckled, "Okay, I'll stay here"
"Good" Adriana cuddled up to him, I smiled.
"Thanks Harry"
"Anytime. But I will have to leave to get clothes"
"I can call Louis!" Sam finally said something. "I mean, if you need me to, I can uh, call him and I'm sure he will bring you some" She finished smiling.
"You just want him here, Sam"
"Can't blame me, you got your boyfri- erm um Harry's here"
'Oh Sam', I thought as my eyes closed, when I reopened them Harry was smiling at me.
"That actually doesn't sound so bad, you know"
"Wait what?"
"Being your boyfriend"
"Oh Harry, You sure you really want to be with a girl like me? I mean I'm nothing but trouble. You saw what happen to today"
"It's a challenge that I'm willing to take then"
Is thee Harry Styles, really trying to ask me to be his girlfriend? I'm seriously nothing but trouble. Surely, hope he knows what he's gonna be getting into.