Surprises

Trois.

Cassandra stood amongst the crowd as she watched the boys walk the red carpet. Holding Penelope against her hip, Cassandra and Abby Sharp talked about how over the lockout the boys had developed a better sense of style. That may be true for some of the guys, but Cassandra knew that it wasn’t true at all for Jonathan, considering she had gone to the store with him and picked out a whole new collection of suits, shirts, and ties.

“Jon looks good,” Abby said, turning towards her. “Did he pick out his outfit himself?”

Giggling, Cassandra shook her head. “Absolutely not! I laid out his suit and shirt. I thought he could at least handle the tie, but that was something I had to decide on as well,” she told her.

Once all of the boys had made finished strutting their stuff on the red carpet and headed into the arena, Abby and Cassandra followed the fans in behind them. Cassandra followed Abby up to the family suite and smiled when she saw some of the familiar faces. After hugging Dayna Seabrook and Kelly-Rae Keith, Cassandra stepped fully into the suite.

“I didn’t realize it was this big,” Cassandra whispered to Abby.

“Yeah, it’s a lot bigger than most suites, but not too big. It’s nice,” she said smiling.

“Yeah, it is,” Cassandra said smiling.

Before the game started, Cassandra was introduced to the small list of WAGs that she wasn’t able to meet before the season started. After the team was introduced and the national anthem had been sung, Cassandra made herself very comfortable on one of the plush couches that was supplied into the suite. About seven minutes into the first period, Patrick Kane scored the first goal, scaring the living daylights out of Penelope. Once Cassandra got Penelope calmed down, she started to enjoy the game.

“Would you mind if I held her?” Julia Bolland asked from beside her.

“Oh, of course,” Cassandra replied back, handing her small daughter to the bubbly blonde beside her.

“She looks absolutely adorable,” Julia commented. “I love the little jersey!”

“I do too!” Cassandra exclaimed. “Jon brought it home with him after morning skate.”

As the game continued on, Penelope sat vary contently in Julia’s arms allowing her mom to mingle with some of the other girls. Sitting back down, Cassandra snapped a secret picture and sent it off to Dave’s phone with the caption 'Future mommy!'

“Have you and Dave talked about having kids yet?” Cassandra asked her.

“Well, we’ve been trying, and..” she broke off. “I’M PREGNANT!” she whisper-shouted.

“That is so great!” Cassandra told her. “I am so happy for you.”

For the rest of the game the two girls had talked baby stuff while taking glances towards the ice just to keep up with the game. During the second intermission Penelope had fell asleep, so Cassandra tucked her back into her car carrier and threw a Hawks blanket over top of her.

“So,” Abby said joining the two girls. “What is up with you and Jonathan?”

“YES!” Julia yelled. “I have wondered the same thing?”

“I actually don’t know. We live together, obviously, and we take care of Penelope, but I think we are just friends,” Cassandra told them kind of sadly. “That’s all we’ve ever known how to be, and, between the three of us, I’ve always had the biggest crush on him. Ever since we were little.”

“Awe,” Abby cooed. “Have you ever told him?”

Shaking her head, Cassandra made a sour face. “I never knew what to say to him. I don’t want to ruin our friendship because I like him and he only sees me as a friend.”

Julia and Abby shared a look between each other before Julia spoke up. “Trust me girl, you need to tell him.”

After that, thee trio was quite as they watched the last five minutes of the game tick down. Once the game finished and the boys celebrated their win on the ice, Cassandra grabbed the car seat and followed Julia and Abby down to the locker room.

● ● ●

Once Jonathan had showered and finished his interviews, he was finally able to get dressed. Throwing on the black suit and pink shirt, he knew he would get shit for his outfit.
Tying the magenta tie around his neck, Jonathan looked to his left and found Patrick Kane staring at him. “Cassandra picked out the outfit,” he said with a huff.

“I wasn’t about to ask that, but thanks for telling me anyway,” Patrick said while rolling his eyes.

“Oh, well then what do you want?” Jon asked.

Looking over his shoulder and then back at Jon, Patrick leaned in close. “I want to know what’s going on with you and Cassandra,” he informed Jonathan.

“Well, we are just to friends living together raising our daughter,” he told Patrick.

“Oh, well then you wouldn’t mind me asking her out?” He asked.

“WHAT?!” Jonathan whisper yelled. “Of course I would mind!”

“I knew it,” Patrick told him.

“Knew what?” Jon asked.

“You, Jonny boy, totally have a thing for Cassandra.”

“Is it really that obvious?” He asked Patrick.

“To me, yes, to everyone else of the male species, no,” He said. “If you are going to make a move, do it soon, or someone is going to steal your girl.”

“Thanks,” Jon said before standing up. “Good game tonight,” he told Pat before walking out of the locker room. Standing in the doorway he saw his two girls sitting on the couch. Jonathan knew that he had to tell Cassandra how he felt before it was too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey readers, here's any update!
I really hope you guys enjoy.
Be on the lookout for Sid, he's next!
Ps. here is Cassandra and Penelope's outfit for the game!