Reckless

All this beauty, all this magic 'til there's nothing there.

Louisa.

"Meredithhh." I groaned as I walked downstairs, holding my head. I tossed the hot cloth the side as I entered the living room. I was going to fucking sell this.

My mom peaked up from the tabloid she was reading on the couch, giving me a skeptical glance. I kept reminding myself to look sleepy with hazy eyes, the perfect mix of having a fever and feeling like complete shit.

"Oh dear, you look completely awful."

I let that comment brush aside. "I feel completely awful." I added an aching cough for affect.

Slowly Meredith stood up and walked over to me, placing her hand on my forehead. I loved when she acted like this, like a real mom. In reality, she had no idea what she was doing or what she should look for. As she played mom, looking at me with fake-concern in her eyes, I let out another earth-shattering cough right on her.

She took a quick step back and her concern turned to disgust. "Oh! Well, I think you have a fever. But the benefit, Louisa! The Hartings are expecting you to come-"

"But now Mrs. Harting's mother can take my seat at our table. You said you wanted to get in good relations with her, right? For the magazine?"

This made Meredith pause. I had executed this plan perfectly. Bringing in a business venture was just sealing the deal.

"I guess you're right." She nodded. "Well, I guess I'll be going. Should I tell George to call and check up on you?"

I shook my head quickly, moving my hand to my stomach and letting out a short groan. "No, I'll just take some aspirins and sleep. Have fun, Mom."

"Aw," Meredith smiled as I called her 'mom', "Feel better dear. Get some rest."

I smiled as I turned back to the stairs, holding my stomach and slouching so it looked like I was completely frail. I walked slowly, listening as Meredith grabbed her phone, walked down the hall in her tall clacking heels, and shut the penthouse door with a bang and a click.

As soon as I heard that click, I took off running up the stairs to my room.

On my bed was my outfit, already set up in perfection. If there was a perk to having Meredith as my mother, it was that I did have a knack for an organized fashion sense. I through on my clothes, made me hair look appropriately messy with a touch of flair, grabbed my heels, and set out back down the stairs in no more than ten minutes.

As I clicked the button for the elevator, I slyly slid my phone off. There was no reason to have Meredith barging in on my night, not like she would anyway. This night worked out for a number of reasons. She would be able to kiss some ass at this event without using me as a pawn in the process, and for once, I would get to have some real fun.

"Going out, Ms. St. Vincent?" George, the doorman, smiled as he opened the door for me.

I smiled back at him. "Just for a bit! Have a good night, Sir George!"

He laughed back at me, smiling as I walked out to the street and grabbed a taxi. In a life of structure with my mother, there were perks. George was older, and I was pretty sure he didn't have a family, but he was the happiest man I'd ever met.

Once the taxi stopped at the club, I couldn't help but smile. I felt like a fucking badass, something I don't think I'd been able to feel in my entire existence. I'd never been one to sneak out, not to mention boys my mother wouldn't approve of in a thousand years.

I checked my watch. I was a bit late, but if Meredith's taught me anything, it's that being fashionably late never goes out of style.

I walked up to the door, received a nod from the bouncer, and walked in. The music pounded my ears with my first step, and I smiled. This was all so new to me. I needed new.

But as I walked further inside and saw the amount of people, I began to feel awkward. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. People were dancing, well, more like grinding, something I'd never been a huge part of. I began to feel out of place. Did I look out of place?

Suddenly I felt arms wrap around my waist. I jumped, turning only to be met with those familiar deep blue eyes.

"Louie!" Josh smiled his goofy smile, obviously a bit intoxicated. "I've been lookin' for you!"

I laughed. I'd never seen him so confident. "Well, here I am!"

"Here you are." Josh paused, looking down at me and smiling wider. There was something charming just about the way he smiled. It was something I could tell he couldn't force. His smile was something completely genuine. "Come on, the mates want to see you."

He led me through the large crowd to a table in the back, where I recognized Dan and Chris. Josh introduced me to the rest of them before squeezing me in beside him and Dan in a booth.

"So, you live in LA?" Max asked me, sipping his drink. "That must be wicked."

I shrugged. "You get used to it. This," I eyed everything around us, "is something I've never really done."

Josh smiled down at me. "What? You've never been to a club before?"

I eyed him. "Joshua, have you met my mother?"

There was something about the way we talked that made me feel like I'd known Josh for ages. We felt like old friends from that moment we met in the taxi. He understood my rude, blunt way of talking and I understood his goofy, irrational behavior. We had a good reading of one another.

"Good point." Josh said as a smile rose on his cheeks. "Shall I exploit you?"

"Sounds dangerous."

He laughed. "Louie, danger is my middle name."

I snorted. "You're an idiot."

Dan let out a laugh as a woman came over to us with drinks. Josh smiled as he passed me his.

"Do you drink?"

I bit my lip. "Champagne."

"No, no, no." He held up his. "You need beer, my dear." Josh chuckled at his own rhyme, making me laugh. "Now try this."

Cautiously I lifted the glass and took a sip, letting the alcohol burn my throat in a way it hadn't ever before. I turned to Josh, a sour look on my face, making the entire table erupt in laughter.

"What's the verdict?" Matt laughed.

I cringed as I set it down. "Tastes like straight piss."

"It takes some adjusting." Josh said as he took a sip and passed it back to me. "But drink up, my dear."

"Are you trying to get me drunk, Franceschi?"

He shrugged. "Are you open to it?"

I took a longer sip and set it down, this time not flinching. "Not a chance."

Josh laughed and leaned over to me. I could feel his lingering smile as his eyes were locked with my body. I had never felt so free. Meredith knew as well as I did that I had a sassy, reckless side. This was my chance to let it out.

I took a few more drinks, finding my liquid confidence, before taking Josh's hand and leading him slyly out of the booth.

"Let's dance." I smiled, biting my lip and looking up at Josh.

He let out a laugh and followed me, whispering into my ear, "Does a girl like you even know how to dance?"

I smirked, turning around to face him. "I'm a fast learner."

I saw Josh's goofy smile as I turned back around, leading him into the giant crowd and dancing, sweaty people. I stopped somewhere in the middle, letting my back hit Josh's. Soon I felt his hands on my hips, and I began to sway, feeling his hot breath in my ear.

"Follow my lead." He said. I could sense his devilish, cheeky smirk from a mile away.

For a moment, I let myself go, and I moved with him to the beat of whatever this annoying, dubstep-like song was making. It began to feel magnetic. My back on Josh's chest, I grinded into him like I'd done this a million times. I was very convincing.

I felt Josh's hands moved to my legs, my dress hiking up closer to my torso. I smile crossed my lips as the beat changed with me, and Josh left a soft kiss on my exposed shoulder.

I wanted to keep going. I wanted to keep letting loose, to dance with Josh more and to be that reckless girl I'd wanted to be for such a long time. But as the beat changed, I stopped suddenly.

I turned to Josh, a soft smile on my lips and a confused look in his eyes. "I um," I paused. "I have to go."

"Louisa, I'm-"

But I was too far away to hear him. I made my way through the crowd and out the door, running my hands through my hair as my ears began to ring. I was having fun. But it was just a lot. It was a big change, and I began to scare myself. I needed some air.

I let my back fall against the brick wall behind me and let in the LA air. What was I doing?

"Louie."

I turned to see Josh standing there. Fuck.

"Look, Lou, I'm sorry if that was too much." Josh said, walking towards me. "I didn't mean to," he paused, "make you uncomfortable. You don't have to-"

I shook my head quickly. "Josh, no. It's not your fault. It's just that I'm just used to this, ya know? It can be a bit much."

He nodded slowly, leaning back on the wall beside me. "It's not exactly a bloody country club."

"There is a distinct lack of old people," I laughed with Josh, "but this is fun. It's just going to take some getting used to."

Josh smiled. "Do you want me to take you home?"

I thought for a second, looking up at the night sky. It felt young.

"I don't really want to go home." I eyed Josh, a smirk on my lips as he looked back at me.

"Take me somewhere." Josh smiled. "Show me LA."

I nodded slyly, knowing exactly the place to "wow" my new British friend. Quickly I grabbed his hand and flagged down a cab. This entire night had been a bit unexpected. But Josh and I had been that way from the beginning, really.

I should have expected that.
♠ ♠ ♠
oufit!

I love writing Louisa, she's one of my favorite female characters of mine so far. The two sides of her are so fun and I think she's so sassy ugh it's entertaining. I also love her and Josh's friendship.

I'm not going to be starting this story until I'm further into this one, but here is the layout for my new Alex Gaskarth (I know let's just get super Warped Tour here) story: To Be Broken.

Comments, again, have been AMAZING. Thank you:
saveredheads
Mr. Reckless.
lovelyhope
trixilla
jennabobenna
always always;


Comments would be lovely :3