Status: hm.

Our Perfect Disease

If there's somebody calling me on

“Then I said you have to be fucking kidding me. Cue as I said that a fucking nun walked past.” Roth chuckled, after finishing off his story.

Halen noticed a lot laughing going on. She was hardly in the conversation. She changed out of her mucky clothes and cleaned up well, wearing her light denim shorts with a floral top tucked in and her oversized plaid shirt paired with her black Chuck Taylors. Her still damp hair drying naturally into a wavy mess. She sat on the grass outside with Axl who seemed to be warming up to the big crowds of people which she found odd since he was still had a tremor.

She contemplated getting up and getting a beer but she didn’t want to move or even converse with people. With a sigh, she looked up from Axl and tried to make eye contact with Kennedy, luckily he met her gaze. She motioned to a drink and he returned with a nod, walking towards the beer cooler.

“How did you know I wanted a beer?” Halen asked with a small smile, taking the beer off Kennedy.

“Thanks.”

“I just know these things, I am just that amazing.” Kennedy joked, giving her a half grin.

“I can’t argue with that.” Halen laughed, taking a quick swig of her beer.

“How’s Axl settling in then?” Kennedy asked, crouching down to stoke the puppy’s head.

“I think he is doing well. More comfortable than I am even though he still has the shakes.” Halen murmured furrowing her eyebrows at Axl.

“I can tell. Do you want me to introduce you to anyone?” Kennedy asked, glancing around the garden, Halen
followed his gaze.

Roth now took the place as a barbeque cooking man. He had a few girls around him, all of them giggling. Halen looked away, slightly disgusted, who would’ve thought he would be such a player? As her eyes wandered along the crowd, she noticed Maddie, who invited that thing? Halen wrinkled her nose in disgust.

Then nearer her were Jared, John and their friend Tim, who were chatting with a big smile upon their faces. First time in ages John looked entirely comfortable.

People just kept arriving. Halen was convinced the whole of Arizona was here. She noticed a certain group of people walk in through the gate. A pretty couple, both obviously loved up followed by a group of boys.
Halen noticed John stiffen up, even Kennedy stiffened up too.

“Shit.” Kennedy muttered, his eyes on the new party arrivals.

“What is it?” Halen asked, even though she thought she knew. She needed it clarifying.

“That’s John’s ex, the one who has just got married.” Kennedy mumbled, glancing at Halen. “Do not know how John is going to cope.”

Halen nodded her head slowly, watching John come towards them. “Why is he coming here?” She asked in a hushed tone.

“Probably to hide away, you don’t half pick the good hiding spots.” Kennedy answered in a whisper.

Halen shot him a sneaky wink and giggled. John gave Kennedy a brief pained smile, his shoulders were slightly stooping and he held onto his beer as if it was oh so holy.

“You okay bro?” Kennedy asked John, his eyes narrowing on his friend.

John shrugged slightly, and glanced at Kennedy. “Yeah, whatever man. I am all past it now.”

“Yeah that’s why you came to my corner.” Halen pulled a face at John, who just gave her a smirk.

“Your corner? Babe, did you really think you were hiding away from everyone?” John asked rhetorically, the famous smirk still upon his face.

Halen stared at him, expressionless. She could see behind his facade, his beautiful green eyes were like a mirror only reflecting the feelings of the other person, not absorbing any emotions. But just a flicker and hurt flashed. Then it was gone, and Halen’s blank expression was reflected.

“Yes, thought I was succeeding very well.” Halen raised her eyebrows at him. She glanced at Kennedy who was glancing nervously around. Halen took a big gulp of her beer.

“Ish, only those wanting to hide find you.” John muttered. He sat down beside Halen. His back to people, probably to hide his face, avoiding confrontation, he took a swig of his beer.

Halen wasn’t sure whether Kennedy heard John’s comment. She took it as a no as he didn’t look fazed. He just furrowed his brows with a sigh.

“Jared is calling me. I am going to go over there. Try not to kill each other.” Kennedy said with a wink, then he walked off towards Jared who had a stony look on his face, Halen could tell it was about John.

“Cut the chase John, why are you here?” Halen asked. Her lips settling into a pout, as she awaited his answer.

John glanced up at Halen again his eyes showed shock but quickly back to being a mirror. Axl ambled over towards John and settled himself on him. John rubs his tummy almost thoughtfully. He was wearing his usual combination of Tom Petty shirt, dark denim skinny jeans with gaping hole and his brown boots.

“I just can’t see her.” John whispered.

Thankfully, Halen could hear every word. She nodded her head slowly, sneakily looking in the direction of this girl. She was astonishingly pretty; she had jet black hair that hung around her face, brown eyes, tanned skin. She was giggling happily, almost unaware of the pain she caused. Maybe she was like that, often beauty deceives she must have been that type. She was all over the guy who stared down at her as if she was the most precious thing in the world. It made Halen sad, she never felt that before plus it must hurt John too.

“She is pretty, huh?” John said, meeting Halen’s eyes.

“Very, but she seems rather selfish.” Halen replied, watching Axl crawl all over John.

“She was. We both were. I guess in a way, its good we finished, we hurt each other too much. It was bad love.” John furrowed his brows, avoiding looking at Halen now. He was concentrating on Axl.

“Yeah, but you still love her though.” Halen whispered, trying to meet John’s eyes.

“Nah, I don’t think I love her that much now. I think I just want her because I can’t have her.” John said finally. He met Halen’s eyes, the vulnerability was clear.

Halen rolled her eyes. “Like a little boy with a toy.”

John shot her a wry grin. “Yes, pretty much.”

Halen returned a meek grin, her eyes wandering along the crowd. She felt daggers hitting her. She tried to find who it was. When she did, she wasn’t surprised. Maddie had her eyes on Halen and John, jealousy and envy. Halen repressed a chuckle. Maddie had her faux blonde hair curled. Face caked in makeup, a bright pink skin tight dress clung to her body. Halen almost gagged, it was very sickly to look at.

“I do not know what I see in her.” John murmured, following Halen’s gaze.

Halen let out a sharp laugh. “Seriously? Dude, what is actually wrong with you?” Halen asked. Trying to avoid the stare she was getting off Maddie.

“She’s easy and a guy has needs.” John said, his eyes narrowing on Halen, trying to wipe of the smile.

“C’mon. There are classier girls out there. She has all sorts of STD’s.” Halen groaned, slapping John on the arm.

John stared at Halen bemusedly. “You know that from looking at her?”

“Yes, c’mon, where I come from girls like her have this aura of nasty sluttiness, you just know.” Halen explained, her eyes widening with disgust.

“Okay, so next time I go on a date. You will come with me and sniff out the right girls?” John asked with a half grin slash smirk.

“Maybe, it depends you see, I charge by the minute now.” Halen giggled, rolling her eyes playfully.

John rolled his eyes, a full blown smirk upon his face. “Well its’ nice to know my money would go
somewhere useful. How about that girl there 3 o’clock to you?” John asked.

And that’s how their game began, with Axl pouncing over them both. Halen rated girls on a scale of 1 to 10 on STD. John chuckled, and tried to defend half of them but in the end gave up. Leaving Halen to do what she does best judging those with a bitchy talent.

“So I guess California makes you aware of these things.” John asked, arching his eyebrow.

Halen sighed softly, thinking back to her home. In a weird way she missed it, living so close to the sea, the saltiness clinging to your skin, or the way everyone was different but somehow the same. Most of all she missed her twin, Jagger.

“Yes, it does. It makes me open my eyes to a lot of situations. I know not to judge but in Cali you learn to judge yourself and others just as harsh, but here no one gives a fuck apart from missletstryandpulleveryguyatthisparty.” Halen explained, her tone turning slightly teasing towards the end.

John chuckled, glancing at Halen then at Maddie. “She really isn’t that bad.”

“You would say that, you fucked her.” Halen narrowed her eyes at him.

John held his hands in the air, in a peaceful surrender. “Okay, are you just going to hold that against me?”

Halen shot him a smirk. “Yes. It’s funny watching you squirm.”

John chuckled, shooting Halen a wink. “You are such a bitch, do you know that?”

“Yep, its’ my job, gotta problem with that?”

“Touché.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw thought I'd get this chapter out soon, it has a cool momento between John & Halen. There should be loads of cool moments coming up in the next couple chapters!
Ah, thank you for subscribing!
And thank you to kimmiedyce for the comment:)
Hope you all are having a fab summer!