Light of My Life

prologue

Her beautiful brown eyes that once sparkled when they looked into his blue ones were full of tears. “I’m sorry this couldn’t work out, Garrett.”

The words she said broke Garrett’s heart instantly. He knew this was the last straw; he wasn’t getting another chance this time. “I’m sorry too, Autumn.”

“It just wasn’t meant to be, you know?” Autumn tried to let out a chuckle, but couldn’t bring herself to do so.

Garrett nodded, even though his mind was screaming that what she was saying wasn’t true. He couldn’t even speak; he felt like he could puke at any moment.

When Garrett didn’t say anything else, Autumn looked over her shoulder at the rest of their friends. She took one last glance at all the people she was leaving behind. There was Ella, her best friend. Ella was the first one to know about Autumn leaving. It broke Ella’s heart to see her best friend go, but she knew it was for the best.

There were also the rest of Autumn and Ella’s friends. John, Kennedy, Jared, Pat, Eric, and Austin all looked at Autumn with sad smiles. With a sad smile back, she waved at all of them. They had said their goodbyes earlier, doing it all again would make it all harder for her.

“I should get going, don’t want to miss my flight.”

Now Garrett felt like he really was going to puke. Autumn was the best thing to ever happen to him and he just had to fuck it up.

He finally found the courage to spit some words out. “Call me if you ever need anything.”

“I will.”

Without another single word, Autumn walked towards the airport security. Garrett watched her walk away. He had done too much damage that there was no fixing it this time. The more space made between them, the more Garrett’s heart broke. He watched the love of his life walk away from him and out of his life just like that.

How did he let this happen?
♠ ♠ ♠
This whole story will be how Garrett and Autumn meet and fall in love and what causes their breakup.

I always make my prologues really short, I'm sorry.

xo gissy