Sequel: Ruined in the Shadows
Status: Complete! Check out the sequel! -->

Fixed in the Shadows

Chapter 07

"I said freeze!" Dean screams at me.

"Wha-what's going on?" I ask, confused. Then it clicks. I pull out a knife and look at my reflection. My eyes are glowing white. Oh great, not again.

"Put the knife down!" Dean orders.

"No, wait! Stop! It's okay!" I plead. I drop the knife and put my hands up.

"What are you?" Sam asks more softly and calm than his brother.

"I'm not anything," I say, tears forming in my eyes.

"Then why are your eyes glowing white?" Dean yells at me. "Are you some kind of demon?"

"It's... it's complicated. Just please, put down your guns and let me explain."

The boys do what I ask and I tell them everything. With every word, a puffy white cloud releases from my mouth in the icy night air. Dean and Sam's facial expressions are confused most of the time. I guess they thought things like this only happened in comic books. I also told them about being in The Avengers. There is no use in keeping that a secret either.

"I'm so sorry," Sam whispers. He seems upset.

"Look, can we just go back to your hotel or something? I'm freezing!" I wrap my arms around myself, trying to keep warm.

"Alright, let's go," Dean says solemnly, tucking his gun in the back of his pants.

The whole ride back to the boy's hotel is silent. I sit in the back seat, head down and eyes fixed on my trembling hands. I'm so thankful it is nighttime because I would die of embarrassment if the Winchester brothers saw me crying. Hardcore, no-feeling-pain Skylar, crying? No way.

"You guys go ahead in. I need to go for a drive. I'll bring you guys something to eat," Dean says, gripping the steering wheel. "Skylar, can you fix up Sammy's arm?"

"Sure," I sniffle, getting out of the car. "See you later."

Sam hisses in pain as I disinfect the wound on his right forearm. I glance up at his face. He is so cute. He isn't like super model hot but I find him so attractive. His shaggy brunette hair hangs in front of his green eyes. His jawline is defined by his adorable cleft chin. He is six foot, four so he's almost a foot taller than me. But I love tall guys. They are such a turn on for me. They give the most amazing hugs.

"There you go," I say cheerfully as I finish tying up Sam's bandange.

"Thanks," Sam says quietly, looking into my eyes. We're frozen there for a few moments. He then lifts his hand up, cupping my cheek. He slowly cranes his neck and kisses me softly.

I enjoy the kiss for a few seconds and then pull away. "Do you really wanna open this back up?" I ask, gesturing between us.

"I don't know," he says, looking away. "To be honest, I have been kind of missing you lately. And seeing you tonight, I miss you even more."

"This is why I didn't want to be your first real relationship after Jessica. You would get too attached. I'm sorry I left but I don't know about this..."

"I forgive you. I actually forgave you a long time ago. And now I know why you left. It's okay. I understand."

"No, you don't know why," I mumble.

"What?"

"Oh, just shut up!" I grab Sam's face and kiss him deeply.

Sam lies back on the bed and I climb on top of him. I begin unbuttoning his flannel overshirt as we hold a kiss. His hands move along my waist, traveling under my shirt. I then sit up, throwing my shirt across the room. Sam takes off his v-neck as well.

"So is this going to be 'Thank God, We're Alive' sex or 'I'm Sorry You Were Raped and Tortured As a Child' sex?" I ask Sam, smirking,

"Both," he says passionately. I roll my eyes and continue kissing him.

Just then, the door opens. "Hell--oh?" Dean says, shocked to find his brother with me. "I'll... just go... some place else. Give you guys some alone time." He begins to shut the door and then finishes with: "Nice job, Sammy!"

Sam and I twist and move so that his head is resting on a pillow and our bodies are completely on the bed to make it more comfortable. I move my lips to his neck, to his chest, and down his magnificent abs. I then unbutton his jeans and help him take them off. I can see that he is already erect. I come back up and kiss his lips. I run my hands through his hair and grab hold of a chunk. He hands slide across my back and he unhooks my bra. He fondles my breasts and small moans releases deep in my throat. I can hear his heart beating faster and faster.

Once we're stripped and foreplay is over, we begin. Sam enters me and begins thrusting in perfect rhythm. You would think his large body would crush me but I'm strong. I have withstanded a lot in my time, obviously. As we continue, I start thinking about all the memories I had with Sam. My emotions boil over and I try to hide my tears.

"What's wrong?" Sams asks, pausing for a moment.

"Nothing, nothing," I shrug. "Just... a little emotional is all.

Sam pulls out and lies on his side. "No, tell me."

"I'm just thinking about all the memories we had. I guess I really forgot how much I cared about you."

"Oh, well I cared a lot about you too. And I still do. I regret the way things ended. I really didn't appreciate you as much as I should have."

"Oh, that's so sweet." I kiss Sam's cheek. I then lean back. I sigh deeply.

Sam's gaze then falls to my torso. "I remember these scars." He runs his fingertips along the dozens of burn and puncture marks. "Did that man give these to you?"

"Yes." I just watch him.

"You're beautiful either way," he whispers. He then kisses my abdomen above my naval.

I wait a moment, deciding whether or not to say anything. "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure! You can tell me anything." Sam lays his head on my stomach and brushes some hair out of my face.

"You know that case you had back about six years ago when all those sexual offenders were slaughtered by what seemed like an animal of some kind?"

"Yeah, what about it?" Sam asks, squinting as he remembers the case.

"Well... I was... responsible for that." I look away, ashamed.

"What? What do you mean? How?" Sam asks frantically.

"Oh, nevermind!" I sigh and roll over. "I'm not going to talk about it if you're going to freak out about it!"

"How am I not going to freak out about it?" Sam exclaims. "You just told me you were responsible for the deaths of over 75 men!"

"I said nevermind! You're just going to tell Dean anyway! And then he'll want to kill me. Can we just go to bed?" I put on my panties and bra and get into bed, pulling the blankets tight up over me.

"Fine." Sam turns over, annoyed and grumpy.

I don't sleep much through the night. And I'm guessing Sam didn't either. How could he after what I just told him? Why did I tell him! That was so stupid! Pillow talk is one of my worst flaws. Have sex with me and I'll pretty much tell you anything in confidence. I just continue to glance at the clock. I figure out in my head how long I have been lying there. Dean comes back around 3 am. I guess he wanted to give us plenty of time, but like we needed it.

At 6:43 am, I receive a call. The chorus of "A Lesson Never Learned" by Asking Alexandria starts playing from my phone, signalling me to pick it up. "Hello?" I say into the microphone.

"Shut up!" Dean says, throwing a pillow at me. I dodge it and it ends up hitting Sam.
"Wha-what?" Sam mumbles, waking up and turning over.

"Hello, Skylar," a deep, unfamiliar voice says.

"Who is this?" I ask, confused.

"Oh, nobody."

"What do you want?"

"You know, Steve is such a nice guy. He keeps asking for you," the voice says, chuckling.

"What? Who is this?!" I demand, standing up. "Where is he? Where is Steve?"
His voice becomes angry but calm. "If you ever want to see him again, you'll drive back to Grand Rapids and meet me in the empty bread factory on the Beltline--ALONE. Do you know it?"

"Yes, I do," I say in a shaky voice. "Just please, don't hurt him." A couple tears overflow from my eyes.

"Hmph," the voice grunts. The line goes dead.

I close my phone. "Oh my God, I need to go! Right now!"

"What's going on?" Dean asks, concerned.

"He has Steve!" I exclaim.

"Who does?" Dean asks, confused.

"I don't know," I say, distressed. "But I have to leave for Grand Rapids right now!"

"Who's Steve?" Sam asks. There is sadness and jealousy in his voice.

"He's one of The Avengers. Captain America. I probably should not have told you that but I'm freaking out so just forgive me. Don't tell anyone. But I have to go now!" I start out the door.

"Wait! Let me come with you!" Sam says, reaching his arm out to me.

"I'm sorry. He said I have to go alone. I can handle myself. The Avengers can help me. I don't want you getting hurt." I then pull out of my Avengers card. I press the button and say into the speaker: "Avengers assemble!" I then kiss Sam and run out the door, saying goodbye.

I sprint back to my hotel. I check out as fast as I can and throw my bags into my Eldorado. I slide into the driver's seat and start it up. I drive crazily back west to Grand Rapids, speeding most of the time. I try to keep calm by listening to Of Mice & Men but it really doesn't work.

Finally, I show up at the factory. I pop my trunk and take out my favorite pistol with Renaissance engraving on the barrel and handle. It has a sparkling white grip. I also place throwing knives in my All Stars and underneath my skirt. I let out a deep sigh. I'm ready as I'll ever be.

I try not to run as I enter the abandoned factory. I don't want to seem threatening to whoever has Steve. The building is completely dark except for the sunlight piercing through the broken glass in the windows. Suddenly, flood lights blind me and then everything goes black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another installment revealing Sam and Skylar's past relationship. Ooh. What would Steve think about what just happened? More will be posted in a couple days. :)