You Make Me Feel So Right, Even When I'm Wrong

2/22

I’m in the library writing notes down on my lap top while reading a book for my English paper when a new e-mail comes in. I close the book and open it and see it’s from Dean. I smile and jump up a little since he hasn’t respond to me since the race.

Angel-

Did you lose my number? I been expecting a text or call. I check that more often.

-Dean


I look at my notes and close the e-mail and make two more note cards before closing up and walking to the coffee shop. I order my coffee and sit down in the chair and grab my phone and bit my lip while opening Dean’s number up in a text message.

”Hey Dean. It’s Angel,” I text him.
“How do I know it’s you?”
“Take my word for it.”
“I think you need to show me a picture.”
“How do I know this is Dean?”
“Pic for Pic?”
“Ok.”


I text a picture of me and make sure it looks ok before sending it to him. I put my phone down.

“What you waiting for?” Tori the girl I’m working on the English paper asks.
“A Guy to text me back,” I said.

My phone light up. I grab it and open the picture and see it is Dean with a dog. I smile and save the picture.

“Did he text you back?” She asks.
“Yeah.”
“Aw boyfriend?”
“Not right now. We are just getting to know each other.”
“Are you going to the Smoke out?”
“Yeah I got an extra ticket.”
“Me too.”

I sigh and look at my phone wondering what to text Dean but he beat me to it.

”What are you doing?” He text me.
“Coffee talking about Smoke out.”
“Smoke Out?”
“Concert with two of my favorite bands.”
“Sounds good.”
“It is. You want to come with me?”
“Really?”
“Sure it’s March 3rd.”
“Sounds good. Got to go practice.


I smile and look at Tori.

“The guy made you really happy,” She said.
“He is coming to the smoke out with me,” I said.
“Aw that’s cute.”
“Yeah we can’t drive together.”
“Why?”
“He lives way closer than I do and the other way.”
“You are in to someone that isn’t in La?”
“I know but he is so cute.”

She laughs and we talk a little more till she had to go to class. I grab my phone and text Vicky if we can meet up and she just told me to come to her apartment. I walk to my car and drive to her apartment.

“Joey just got down,” She said.
“I never got to tell you about Dean.”
“The guy you are in love with?”
“Yeah.”

We go to the kitchen and I hope on the counter and she hands me a cup of milk and a thing of Oreo cookies. I smile and she jump up next to me with her glass of milk. I go and told her all about Dean.

“He sounds like an amazing guy. I just see one problem,” she said.
“What?” I asks.
“He doesn’t live in LA.”
“So?”
“You broke up with your boyfriend of 3 years because he went to Santa Monica.”
“It’s Santa Monica. He went there to party and he would have cheated on me if we stayed together then I went and moved states.”
“Do you trust him not to do that?”
“Yeah we both know what it’s going to take to be together. I know he isn’t going to move to the city.”
“Because he needs to live in the middle of nowhere?”
“Yeah job cause him to.”
“OK but don’t you think it be hard?”
“Yeah but we can drive the hour to meet up or two hours to spend time together.”
“I don’t know. It just you don’t have respect for any place besides LA. You insult almost every other place.”
“I know but he isn’t married to the place. I understand why he lives where he does.”
“Ok but I just want you to really sit down and think about it.”
“I’m going to try to get with him. He is sweet and caring. He is a good kisser. He can’t dance but he is funny.”
“Fine I can’t talk you out of this just be careful.”
“I will be.”

Joey starts crying. She gets up and I grab my bag knowing she has to cook dinner.

“Bye Vicky,” I said.
“Bye.”

I go out to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Set