‹ Prequel: Blind Photographs
Status: Updates every other day

Destination Detonation

Puppet Master

“Poison, take Photo and go. We’ll get these rats,” Fun Ghoul barked, a definite change from his usual joking voice.

“Do you have any idea where Boom Box might be?” Party Poison asked me as we rounded a corner, keeping close to the walls.

“Yes.” I’d been here before without being entirely aware of it. As the smell of rubbing alcohol hit my nose I clenched my fists. She’d be here. Citizens were numbed and drugged, but killjoys had to experience all of it. “I’ve been here. She’d be under heavy security, which would be Ivory’s office.”

“Ivory?”

“Korse’s puppet master. I’ve been here enough times that they think I wouldn’t remember any of it. They just really underestimate the power you guys have.” Guards would laugh about it as they dragged me back to the chair with the metal rings. They could say whatever they wanted since I would just forget it later. “Ivory is really behind it all. So she’s got to have Grace.” My feet found the familiar path. I lifted my blindfold again to look at the Wall of the Wanted, as I’d named it. The fabulous killjoys were easy to find. Their posters had been up there forever. But there was a new addition.

BCL. The picture was from one of my stays in the detox box, as evidenced by the colorless hair and the blank look in my eyes.

“We’re almost there, just need to-” I stopped as I heard something click. It was somebody rotating the dial that embellished all rayguns. Someone setting their gun to stun.

“Go!” I yelled, dragging Poison behind me as I ran. I couldn’t go back on those pills. Not now.
Beams singed the walls where we’d stood moments before. We were getting further into the heart of the building.

“Shoot, Photo!” The bells jingled again as I fired at the draculoids behind us.
No S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/Ws yet. I lowered the bandana again as soon as Grace’s unmistakable hair came into view. Somebody got up from a chair and I shot them. There was the thump of a body hitting the floor and I hoped Fun Ghoul would’ve been proud of me. Ivory was still nowhere to be seen.