‹ Prequel: Blind Photographs
Status: Updates every other day

Destination Detonation

SING

“Boom Box?” I asked, not hearing where she was over the sounds of the fight outside. She latched onto my stomach and I kneeled so I could hug her more easily. “Come on, Gracie. We’ve got a war to fight,”

I sniffed, knowing I was crying but not really caring. They couldn’t see my eyes anyway.
We headed toward the source of the noise and I lost Grace as I encouraged her to run to a safer spot.

“Photo, behind you!” I swung around as something burned a hole in my arm. My gun went up again, firing everywhere I knew that the people I loved weren’t and I had a second to rip the blindfold off my face and tie it around my arm. In that same moment, though, a crow reared its ugly face and took my gun from me. He threw it to the one person I’d never expected to show up to a fight like this.

Korse himself.

Everything went in slow motion as Party Poison was cornered and the bells rang. The bottles were shattering all over again. Jet Star grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the scene as Party Poison slid to the ground, eyes facing upwards and jaw dropped.

“Photo! Snap out of it! He’s gone!” It was like some cruel twist of fate as Korse smiled and tossed the gun to a different S/C/A/R/C/R/O/W who got the Kobra Kid in the back. My own gun killing my family. The bells kept ringing in my head as the gun was thrown again, my eyes glued to its every move even as Jet Star shoved me through the doors.

“I want those girls alive!” I heard Korse yell over the fray.

“Show Pony! It’s Photo, we need you right now!” I sobbed into the walkie-talkie, knowing Fun Ghoul was gone. But the gun had been shut inside with him, so maybe its reign of terror would finally cease.

“Take your sister and run!” No. It was impossible. “Photo, move!” They were his last words as the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W shot through the window and Jet Star fell back onto the hood of a white car. The gun finally landed back at my feet. I grabbed it and fired. When Fun Ghoul had said I might suddenly lose my vision, I don’t think he ever imagined it would be to tears. I knew all the training had paid off when white carcasses littered the pavement.

Ivory frowned from behind the window, but made no move to stop us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not super creative to pull the SING video concept into a story. I still think it works.