Hollywood

The New Improved...

Image

Chapter 10

Two hours later…
So I’m standing outside of Nick’s room. I am so totally armed for the confrontation/apology. I have the Starbucks, the ED Hardy guitar picks, and the all important Chris Brown C.D., although this particular C.D seems no longer appropriate due to recent events, but I digress. Okay. Gina! Man up! You can so do this. He can’t be too mad right? I took a deep breath and sighed. I really hope this works. I knocked on the door.
“I’m pretty sure I asked everyone to leave me the HELL alone!” Nick strained voice projected through his thick maple wood door. Wow.
“Um….It’s Gina?” I said unsure of myself. I heard rustling and the sound of things being thrown across the room. At first I was scared but then I remembered. Nick always cleaned his room before he let me in. Haha. Nice to see the little things haven’t changed too much. The door slowly creped open and I could see. I was almost knocked over by the wealth of emotion that flowed through my heart when I saw his room for the first time in years. It looked exactly the same. With the exception of the ever changing posters and icons on the walls. It even smelled the same. The smell of the vinyl from his varies guitar straps and the protruding smell of his favorite peach/kiwi/strawberry body wash. He makes it himself from a recipe we came up with in third grade. God I missed this boy.
“Gina?” I turned to see Nick’s worried eyes glued on the tears now dripping down my face.
“Oh God, I’m fine. I’m totally fine. Just memories you know?” He walked over to me without warning and engulfed me in a huge bear hug.
“I am so sorry for flipping out on you and everything. I miss you and I don’t want to lose you again.”
Whaaat? Haha yeah…..no. That could have been what happened but Nick wasn’t having that. Oh No! This is how it went down…
“Oh please don’t tell me you’re gonna play that crying shit! I’m so sick of you trying to manipulate me!” Nick said with a look of disgust.
“Are you fucking serious?! Who the hell do you think you are? You come back into my life and you shake my shit up and you try to talk to me about manipulation?!” I was starting to get red. I always do that when I’m angry. “Whatever. Gina I tried so hard to stay in touch with you but you just blew me off. That hurt.” Nick crossed the room and sat on his silk red and blue superman sheets. He sighed and looked up at me.
“ Don’t you think I know that? Don’t you think I understand? But I was hurt too Nick. I woke up in that hospital all alone looking for my best friend. Looking for him to save me. To take the pain from losing my dad! I needed you and you left me! At least I thought you did before I saw those letters. Nick those letters…..they were amazing. I never knew you felt that way. I just……” Nick’s lips crashed on mine. I didn’t even see him move through my tears. He lifted me up and placed me on his bed.
“I love you.” The three simple words healed my heart. Healed all the pain and trust issues I had. Nick smiled at me and laid his head down on my shoulder. He started to laugh.
“What?”
“Haha. Nothing. I was just remembering you song.” Oh! My song. I remember like it was yesterday. Nick wrote me this lullaby when I was eight and I would have trouble sleeping.
“Can you sing it for me? Please?”
“All you have to do is ask my love.” I laughed. Nick had always been my shining prince of piece and hope. My comfort. It was so surprising how easy it was to fall back into the familiar routine of previous things. Nick kissed my forehead and began to sing….
“Lennavanmo Lennavanmo who is it swinging you to and fro
With a long low swing and a sweet low croon
loving words of a mother's rune
Lennavanmo Lennavanmo who is it swinging you to and fro.

I am thinking it is an Angel fair
The Angel that looks on the gulf from the lowest stair.
And swings the green world upward by its leagues of sunshine hair
Lennavanmo Lennavanmo who swingeth you and the Angel to and fro.

It is he whose faintest thought is a world afar
It is He whose wish is a seven-mooned leaping star
It is He Lennavanmo to whom you and I and all things flow
Lennavanmo Lennavanmo
It is only a little wee lass that you are
Eilidh mo chree
But as This wee blossom has roots in the depths of the sky,
So you are one with the Lord of Eternity
Bonny wee lass that you are, my morning star,
Elidh mo chree, Lennavanmo Lennavanmo.” (A.N. this is the Celtic Lullaby.)
With his sweet voice and the exhaustion of the argument before I drifted off into a deep sleep, with the most loving smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love it hate it can't stand it whatever! lol
Just comment..... Love ya!
Jessica.