Status: In the middle of a gunfight, in the center of a resturant....

Letters to Kelsey

Seventeen

It was about week later, since George passed on and things went back to its uncomfortable silence. This time it was different, George was no longer there to hold Elena as she cried or when she would bake non-stop. I felt like couldn’t ever fill in the void for her, to watch her sleep and to hold her head up. I felt like I was unable to fix anything. For that entire week it had poured down raining and a thunderstorm came our way, so it was phyically impossible for us to all go to the beach to cope. But one night, it was late and I had just finished putting Scarlett to bed, when I heard knocking at the front door. Then I heard a familiar voice fade in the roaring thundering and lighting, which had only belonged to Frank. He was soaked, motionless and…perfect. This is what I needed, after all this time. I needed Frank to walk right into my life and help me sort out the pieces. I just smiled and wrapped my arms around him, completely passing over the fact that he was soaked. Frank pressed his lips against my forehead and laid his chin onto my temple. I didn’t even tell him about George or anything else, I just told him that I needed him here and that’s what he did. “Frank, you’re back from Jersey. How was your trip?” I asked in a uneasy tone, pulling away and motioned him inside.

“It was nice,” He nodded, taking his raincoat off and tossing over the old coat rack. “All of my family was there and I ate until I was the size of a wild turkey.”

“Ah, that’s lovely.” I chuckled, turning on the living room lights. “Did you take any photographs?”

“Unfortunately, I did not. But don’t worry, I’ll take you up there someday. It’ll be fun.” He explained as he watched me pace back and forth. Then I felt his hand grab mine, stopping me from walking around and pulled me close to him. I did not question him, I felt like I didn’t need to any longer. “There was something you needed to tell me, what was it?”

I cleared my throat before I could answer, laying my eyes upon his slightly unbutton dress shirt and then, into his eyes. They were radiant, a mossy green that lid up, beautifully as I watched him. I was going to tell him that he was that special person, that Noah was explaining about. That one artist that would show me off into the world and would cherish me. I accepted that moment of truth and pressed my lips against his. “You’re the one for me, that’s…what I needed to tell you.”

“Quiet the urgency there, Kelsey.” Frank said, playfully, although I was serious. “Is that really what you were going to tell me?”

“Yes, Frank. It’s strange, yes, it will always be strange but it’s true. Love can take odd turns sometimes, don’t you think?” I told him. “Isn’t that why you were brought to me to begin with? The reason why you’re in my life, remember?”

“Of course,” He said, seemingly impressed with my memory. “I remember.”

“Noah somehow, I don’t want to figure out how—he bought you into my life. He saved your brother and wanted you to save me because he knew you were an artist. He wanted you to be the one to show me off to the world—“

“Because you’re a piece of art. Yes, Joel had told me that Noah always referred to you as a piece of artwork, and I absolutely agree.”

“Oh my God,” I whispered, covering my mouth as I continued to look into Frank’s eyes. “It’s true.”
Frank removed my hands from my face and kissed my cheek. This was all unbelievable to me. I wanted to cry, I wanted scream and fall into his arms over dramatically. I never thought for once second that every letter Noah has ever written was a path to push me close to Frank. It was absolutely sweet and beautiful. “True,” Frank smiled. “That you’re a piece of art and I’ll always will be here when you need me.”

I didn’t say a word, infact, I just admired his face and the words he spoke. My entire life was crumbling and I didn’t even gave a second thought of falling in love again. I was falling in love with Frank the artist, the friend and the man who I punched in the face. Frank glared back at me, expressionless as I did and then, slowly he pulled me back into him. My arms resting by my sides, when Frank lifted me up and carried me up the stairs. It seemed long by being carried, but it didn’t seem to bother Frank much. Through the dark hallway, I took a quick glimpse over Scarlett’s door and sighed in relief. She was going to sleep well for the rest of the night. When we finally reached to the bedroom, he slowly closed the door behind him and gently laid me onto the bed. Then with my eyes half way shut, I placed my hand onto Frank’s forearm, which was cool to the touch at first and lightly tugged at it. I felt him moving closer to me, our skin touching each other and then, his breath tickled my eardrum. Still even with my eyes closed, I knew that Frank was beautiful. “Frank please?” I whispered, opening my eyes just a bit, through my eyelashes.

“Yes, Kelsey?” He replied softly as he pressed his lips against my neck. “Do you want me to stop?”

“No, you’ve done nothing wrong. Frank, I want to make art…with you.”

“Art?” Frank cocked his head to the side for a moment, not fully understanding what I was saying to him.

“Art, Frank. I want to make art.” I repeated vaguely and kissed the side of his mouth. Frank chuckled at the digit and cupped me into his arms. And so that night was decent, it was better than drinking and it was stress free. Over the roaring thundering, tiny moans slipped from our mouths, not waking up a soul and then, we slept through the night next to each other. Frank and I had incredible sex. It was rather messing around, but it was beautiful, causual sex. The next morning Frank was gone. He had left me underneathe the sheets and pillows, completely naked. Cool air lightly tickled bare skin as I tugged the sheets away from me. Then I had noticed a note sitting at the end of my bed attatched to a small light blue box and on top of the box, there was a ribbon. It made me smile, even though I told Frank to begin with that I didn’t need anything. Instantly I removed the note from the box along with the ribbon and opened the box. He had bought me art supplies from New Jersey just like he said he would. Precious, I thought to myself as I opened the note that was attatched.

I hope you like the new art supplies I had bought you. We would have to go together one day, to New Jersey and I think it’ll be fun. You, me and Scarlett. Do you still want to make art? Yes, perhaps? Then let’s start tomorrow afternoon.

--Frank

I was excited. He was going to finally teach me the piano and paint with me. After doing it and then, stopping inconviently, I honestly began to miss it. I also began to miss George too and how I would never forget the last thing he had said to me before he died. I had learned so much in such a short time, that I didn’t want to stop learning. After being a part of the McCracken family for the past seven years of my life, they taught me so much about myself—even the small things about life. I grabbed my robe and wrapped it around my body, sliding from off the bed. It was still early in the morning and Scarlett was still asleep, so I took a soothing warm bath. Then I went down into the kitchen and made a huge breakfast for Elena because we were going to discuss funeral plans.

I told her that I would help and knew how upset she was about not only buring her son, but her husband too. I had this idea to have George buried right beside Noah, but it ended up not working out because the funeral home wanted more just to have it next to the old military cemetery. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous, so did Elena and it made her even more upset. I’ve never would’ve thought I’d witness her scream in my days of ever knowing Elena, but I didn’t blame her. Our entire day was miserible, but it had to be and it was such a beautiful day. The next day, a Sunday, Scarlett went with Elena and Ellie to church. I was sat lonely out on the porch, having a cup of coffee as I watched the rain. It was not long before Frank arrived and joined me for a cup of coffee. We sat and watched the rain together, and I told him everything that I was thinking about. It was just nice because he listened and understood. I even suggested that he should actually meet Elena, besides, she’s the one that Frank should be thanking, too. He agreed. But before anything, he took me to his house, which was only a few blocks from me and began to teach me the piano.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again for reading and being patient! More soon!

Art is the weapon!
Jazzilyn xoxoxox