Status: In the middle of a gunfight, in the center of a resturant....

Letters to Kelsey

Eighteen

Frank’s house was large and the rooms were two of my kitchens, but the interior was beautiful. He even had a huge back yard with a pool. It couldn’t have been any more perfect. Frank brought me into his living room, where his grand piano sat near the fireplace. I helped myself to it and pressed all of the keys such like an happy child, until Frank sat beside me. He was pleased to see how awfully excited I was to learn the piano. “Just pay attention to everything I tell you to do.” He whispered gently into my ear and pressed his lips against my cheek. “And I promise, you will become just as great.”

“Where do I start?” I asked as I laid my hands onto my lap. “I have no idea where would I put my fingers.”

“Well here, Kelsey. Put you fingers here.” Frank said, guiding my hands in the appropriate places. Then we looked up at each other for a moment, before he carried on with his lessons and I kissed him. It wasn’t as magical as the first time we kissed, but it was still perfect. I was still content to the revelation of him being the artist and the one special person that I needed. He was too. The rest of the day he taught me how to have a really good ear and all the wonders about the piano. It was so interesting that I had learned quickly. For most people it would’ve taken them perhaps months or years even, but for me it was just in a one day process. Frank told me that I was a natural. “So you never played before?”

“No, I haven’t. I’m surprised myself, Frank.” I chuckled. “I never would’ve thought.”

“Well isn’t it wonderful?”

“It sure is. Thank you.”

“For what? There is no need to thank me, Kelsey.”

“Thank you for teaching me the piano and for…being a great friend.” I murmured. “I truly mean it.”

Frank took me by the hand and walked me over to the sofa, where two glasses filled with wine sat. He handed me a glass and took the other for himself, carefully tapping his glass against mine. “Cheers,” He proposed. “To us and art.”

“Cheers.” I held up my glass before taking a sip. It was a while since I had a drink and it brought back memories of me drinking to feel better about everything, and my life. I was in a terrible state then. “To us and art.”

Each and everyday, I went over to Frank’s place to play piano. I even brought Scarlett over and she absolutely loved it. I enjoyed watching her bang onto the keys madly, creating nothing but loisy noises. Frank did too. I could tell as he smiled at her just as I would smile at her and there was something about it that made my heart beat uncontrollably fast; the simple fact that it made me happy. I felt like I could stay this way for a very long time and every letter that Noah had written out was to not only comfort me, but to make me feel safe. I’ve learned that in someway Noah was going to keep me safe too and he would always have his best work yet; a piece of art, which would always be me. I began to paint and enjoy painting with Scarlett. We would paint every morning before Elena would come over to make us breakfast. I had even decided to have her come over to watch us paint too. Elena absolutely loved it and would instantly remind us that George was no longer with us. God only knew how I’d never forget him. After his funeral, which was a small memorial service and George was cremated. His ashes were shipped to his birth place in West Virgina. I had done a portrait of George from when he was younger, after seeing old back and white photos and I gave it to Elena as a gift. She was blown away and I was happy. I felt that she needed it and besides, it’s what Noah would have done for his mother. Frank inspired me to be a great artist.

I still needed to tell Elena about Frank and how he plays piano, and he’s been giving Scarlett lessons. It was the first actual day that I allowed Frank alone with her and I felt comfortable enough, besides he loved her. I went over to Elena’s with a huge, flashing smile, hoping that she would be happy for me. “Elena, I think I’ve found someone…well, Noah’s spirit brought him to me.” I tried to explain as I sat beside her in the backyard, drinking milkshakes.

Elena raised her eyebrow, taking a long sip of her chocolate milkshake. “You found God? Well honey, he was never lost.” She chuckled. “Is that what you needed to tell me? You found God. Noah brought you closer to the lord, well amen to that.”

“No, Elena. Not God, I meant…Noah brought me another artist.” I told her. “He saved the artist’s brother in the war and so—“

“Oh my lord. Are you serious?” She asked, almost spilling chocolate

“I wouldn’t be kidding about it, it’s in the letters that Noah wrote last. It’s about the brother, Joel and the artist is Frank.”

“Hmm. I’m listening, honey.”

“Noah met Joel before they went to Normandy and they became friends very quickly. He talked about how Joel’s brother, Frank plays the piano and that he was looking forward into meeting him.” I explained. “Noah had also told me that he wanted me to move on because he knew that he wasn’t coming back home and lastly, find another artist that will love me just as much as he ever did.”

Elena didn’t seem pleased at first by the way she looked at me, but then she smiled. I knew for a fact that she approved. “That’s beautiful, Kelsey. It really is and I had no idea.”

“Yes ma’am and so, I met Frank at the beach. I punched him in the face because he scared me and he asked if I was Noah’s wife, and I said, yes. Oh Elena, he’s so charming and sweet. He even taught me the piano a little.”

“Did he, huh? Where is he from?”

“He’s from Jersey.” I said before taking a sip of my milkshake. “He really wants to meet you and thank you for Noah saving his kid brother.”

“Oh that’s wonderful, darling. He’s welcome to come along anytime, but when will I meet this fella?”

“Well I was hoping maybe soon. Maybe a picnic?”

Elena agreed. “A picnic sounds perfect actually, but when?”

“Whenever you feel like it, Elena.”

“Alright then. It’ll be special. I’m going to bake a homemade apple pie and I’ll have Sam, Megan and Ellie over too.” She told me, grabbing my glass and hers. “This is exciting, Kelsey. I’m so happy for you.”

It made me feel even more complete because Elena was happy for me and I hoped that one day, she would find that special someone too. “Thank you, Elena.” .” I said, cheerfully. Later that day, when I had gotten back to the house, my father was waiting patiently at Noah’s old car as he smoked a cigar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late up-date XP Super busy, but thankfully this story is almost finished. So I tried to stretch the chapters a bit longer so you can enjoy it. Thanks again for your patients and to Briana, for always being the one who absolutely loves this...and ehem, my cheap frerard porn too ;)

Art is the weapon!
Jazzilyn xoxoxo