‹ Prequel: Ours Now....
Status: I'll start it soon!

Ours Forever....

Thought #11

Thought #11
Sid,
I’m sitting in the locker room now, getting ready for trials in a few hours. My knees are bouncing and my hands are shaking like crazy. This letter will probably be hard to write. But it’s keeping my mind off of the race.

Pat’s first Christmas was an unusual one. Max, Kris, and Jordan were surprisingly protective of him. Although, I was a little hesitant about letting them hold him. But you were insistent about taking me around the ice. And so I reluctantly handed Pat off to Kris and let you pull me onto the rink.

“You look happy,” you said as we skated around the rink hand-in-hand. It was so different from our last Christmas party.

I looked up at you. “Of course I’m happy. I’ve got my son nearby, Christmas is just around the corner, and of course, I’ve got my husband.”

You skated around so that you were standing in front of me.

“I love you.”

I looked up at you. “Yeah. You tell me that quite a lot.” I smiled. “I love you too.”

You reached into your pocket. I grabbed your wrist.

“No,” I told you.

“What?” you asked playfully.

“I know what it means when Sidney Crosby reaches into his pocket after a mushy moment,” I said. “I thought we agreed on no gifts for each other this year.”

“We did,” you assured me. “I was just getting my phone.”

“Oh,” I said. “For what?”

“I want a picture of the two of us,” you said. Pulling me into your torso, you held your iPhone up. “Smile pretty.”

We took the picture.

“Are you saying I’m not pretty all the time, Golden Boy?” I smirked.

“No! I was just, uh, shit. You always manage to put me on the defensive, don’t you?” you laughed.

“It’s what I do,” I laughed. “C’mon. Let’s go find our son.”

You chuckled along with me before grabbing my hands and pulling me back across the rink. That was much more like last year.

“I love hearing you say that,” you breathed into my ear as we got off the ice.

I beamed up at you. “I like saying it.”

Love You Always,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm updating this so late for my East Coast readers and even later for my European readers. But this is the first time all day that I can sit down with my computer. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!