‹ Prequel: Ours Now....
Status: I'll start it soon!

Ours Forever....

Thought #13

Thought #13
Sid,
I’m so happy! You’re staying in Pittsburgh for what will likely be the rest of your career! Ah, God. It’s so nice to be able to say that, especially after everything that happened with Jordan. We’ll all miss him. But he’s got a bright future ahead of him in Carolina with his brother.

So this morning, I’m at practice, just swimming laps, when all of a sudden, my coach points to the stands. I’m in the middle of my lane, swimming backstroke, when I look over and see you standing there with Pat. You had got a huge grin plastered on your face and you were waving.

“I got it!” you yelled.

It took a moment for that to sink in. But when it did, I rocketed out of that pool faster than anything. I jumped over the railing and into the stands, not caring how wet I was.

“You’re staying in Pittsburgh?” I asked breathlessly.

“I am. I sign a new contract for twelve years when we get back,” you explained.

I remember squealing, which is very unlike me, and taking Pat from your arms.

“He gets to grow up in Pittsburgh!” I exclaimed. “Oh my God! Have you heard anything about Parise?”

You shook your head. Zach was one of your closest friends and we were both hoping that he’d sign with the Pens.

“We’ll just have to hope for the best,” I said kissing your cheek. “And as much as I would like to stay here, I’ve got to get back to practice. We’ll all go out after the races tonight to celebrate your contract.”

“And hopefully some more events in London for you,” you grinned before taking Pat out of my arms. “Swim fast.”

“You do know who you’re talking to, right Golden Boy?” I joked as I made my way back down the stairs, skipping the railing this time.

“Of course I do,” you called after me. “You’re Roarin’ Rory.”

I shook my head. I hate that nickname. But then again, it is what brought us back together. Remember?

Love You Always,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this one is so short. But I wanted them to have a little moment to celebrate #87's contract. Because, trust me when I say this, I celebrated when I heard. My friend Tommy and I did a little dance in the middle of the mall, we were so happy. But yeah. The next one will be Pat's 1st birthday. And the next one will be Sid's 2nd comeback after his concussion. I'm not sure what will come after that, I'm just going to keep writing. I have to finish this story before I can start writing Kris and Janine's. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!