Status: In Progress

Where We Want to Be

Movie Date

I looked in the mirror for the last time; Zayn’s idea of a date was watching movies and ordering some food at his place for the night. Jeans, a halter top and a casual blazer seemed alright, checking my curly hair one last time I made my way to Zayn’s apartment.

“You came” he grinned opening the door after I knocked on it a few times.

I nodded, “I wasn’t going to stand you up, that’s not my thing.”

“So I ordered the pizza already, it should be here in a few minutes. I was thinking you could choose the movie”

I noticed his movie collection stacked next to his television in the living room, after reading ten of the titles I turned to Zayn, “Any reason they’re all horror movies?” He grinned sheepishly, shrugging his shoulders and taking a seat on hic couch while I looked through his collection of horror movies, “SAW I it is.”

“Good choice” he chuckled as I sat next to him.

“So tell me” I turned to him, “you’re in a band with four other guys. Last time I checked, guys give each other nicknames. What’s yours?”

If you looked close enough, you could see him blushing a bit, he scratched the back of his head, nervously chuckling, “It’s just a joke really, but uh; the lads like to call me, the
Bradford bad boy.”

“Bradford bad boy?” I smirked amused, “What makes you so bad?”

“It’s all a joke” he complained, “I’m not really a bad boy. The boys just like to tease me due to my smoking and jackets.”

“You smoke?” I asked casually, not many people that I knew smoked either and I was a social one, and since I had no friends here that smoked; I hadn’t smoked since New York.

He nodded slowly, “Is that a turn off?”

I shook my head grinning, “Are you kidding me? I smoke too; I just haven’t had the chance too recently. I’m a social smoker and none of my friends smoke, so I’ve been having a
withdrawal problem.”

“So it’s not a turn off?” he asked eagerly.

“Nope, turn on” I winked as the doorbell rang, Zayn having to get up and leave to get it; he came back quickly with the pizza box and two bottles of beer.

“You read my mind” eagerly accepting the beer, I used my shirt to get the cap off.

We made small talk during the movie, only stopping to take bites out of pizza in our hands or to drink our beer. Looking around, I noticed he had a door that led to the balcony, “You don’t mind if I step out for a smoke do you?”

He shook his head, “I’ll join you actually.”

Breathing in with the cigarette and blowing out the smoke I grinned at the feeling of being able to smoke again.

“So why do you do it?” he questioned, “I use this to relieve stress from tour, fans and things like that.”

Shrugging in my shoulders, I had to think about it for a minute or two, “Stress really, it was tough moving to New York at only eighteen and moving back now, with no resources or anything.”

“Today was fun” I grinned at Zayn as I checked the time on my phone, “But I should get going.”

“So soon?” he pouted.

“I have work” I reminded him.

“I’ll walk you.”

Sighing I agreed, he wasn’t going to take no for an answer, and to be honest. I sort of wanted him to walk me there. I wasn’t going to admit it to him, but it was nice to spend time with him.
I forgot about all my problems and just enjoyed his presence.

“You brought lover boy!” James grinned as I stepped into the bar.

“Don’t make me call in sick tonight” I warned him, the bar was having a huge group of people tonight; a bachelorette party had booked a few tables for the entire night.

James ignored me, continuing a conversation with Matt and Kevin as Zayn sat on a stool while I stocked up the bar.

“Take a five minute break” Matt insisted, “Go dance with your boy toy at least for one song.”

Zayn grinned as I placed the towel down, grabbing his hand so he would follow me onto the make shift dance floor where other people were dancing. I smirked to myself as he pulled me close to him by my hips, as they pressed against him while I danced.

“Don’t do this” he muttered as I pressed myself against him even more, waiting for a response.

“Do what?” I smirked softly, letting my fingers loop his jeans.

Zayn chuckled as I pulled away when the song ended, “You get to stay for another dance after that little stunt you pulled.”

I didn’t object as another song started blasting through the speakers, or when he pulled me to him, my back hitting his chest, and I didn’t object when we started grinding against each other.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say there’s some sexual tension between the two of you” Matt murmured passing by the bar.

“Where did you learn to dance like that?” Zayn asked as we walked home from the bar.

I laughed at the thought of the first time I had grinded with someone, “Long story, you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.”

He grinned looking at me, “Try me.”

Shaking my head, I decided to test him, “When I was fourteen, I was at a party with my friend Alexa, who just happened to be seventeen. She introduced me to her friend Brian, who was with Jeremy.”

“So an older guy taught you?” he pointed out.

“That’s where the story gets interesting, Alexa knew Jeremy had a thing for me right away. A couple of drinks later, she insisted she had to teach me how to grind so I wouldn’t be embarrassed in front of Jeremy.” I chuckled, “And I was still a light weight by then, so I
started dancing with Alexa; next thing I know I’m making out with her in the bathroom.”

Zayn laughed aloud, “Are you trying to tell me your lesbian?”

“no” I laughed, “I’m straight, unless of course you get me pissed drunk and a close girl friend is with me.”

He sighed in relief, wrapping his arm around my shoulders, “Good, or else I’d feel bad for this.”

I didn’t have time to acknowledge his comment, leaning down he pressed his lips against mine. I stayed frozen for a minute or two and right when he was about to pull away, I pulled him closer by his shirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the wait. Packing has been hell.