Status: In Progress

Where We Want to Be

No Idea

“So you never exactly told me what they need hair and makeup for” I pointed out to Lou as we set up her materials before the boys arrived. I’d given in and decided to help her out since it was good money and a way to waste time on my time off.

“You don’t know?” she asked baffled.

I shook my head, “I haven’t been back in a while, and even in New York I wasn’t caught up with anything.”

Lou just laughed for a good few minutes, “They’re in a band. Big hit here actually. You haven’t heard the songs on the radio?”

“I don’t listen to the radio” I answered honestly.

“And you haven’t seen them on the telly or any posters of them anywhere?”

I shook my head amused, “Honestly I don’t even know the name of their band or their last names. I’m like a hermit.”

“Wait till the boys hear this” she laughed, “They’re going to be playing their songs the entire time.”

“Unless they’re rock or something along the lines of that, then no thank you” I smiled at her.

“oh lord, this should get interesting” she sighed as the boys finally decided to grace us.

“You didn’t tell us Lilah was joining us!” Harry exclaimed excitedly at Lou who was starting on his curls already.

“Because I didn’t have to” she grinned at him.

He pouted for a minute or two until getting distracted with his phone.

“Same order as last time?” I asked them, they all nodded letting Louis go first and sit in front of me. I’d be doing Niall’s hair next, followed by Zayn.

“So how’s Sabrina?” Zayn asked curiously, leaning on the mirror in front of his band mate.

“She’s good” I nodded, “She won’t stop talking about your dog.”

“Who’s Sabrina?” Louis asked confused.

“My niece” I murmured doing the last brushing of his hair with the hair spray.

“You met her niece?” he continued.

“I showed them around London the other day” Zayn added softly.

Louis nodded, looking between us and laughing before moving to let Niall sit who was jumping up and down to get his hair done.

“So boys, you’ll never believe what I found out this morning” Lou grinned still working on Harry’s curls, “Lilah here, had no clue who you guys were until a few minutes ago; she’s never even heard any of your music.”

Niall stopped eating his sandwich halfway, just staring at me hopelessly with food in his mouth, “What?”

“Sorry guys, I like my genre of indie. And you don’t seem like the indie type, so I’m pretty sure I’ve never heard your music.”

“You’ve never heard What Makes You Beautiful?” Liam asked worried.

I shook my head slowly amused, “It’s not like you guys have heard Lana Del Ray?”

They shook their heads, “Exactly” I retorted, “different genres”

Harry silenced me, putting his hand in the air as he set his phone down on the table next to me as a catchy tune started playing and soon enough you could clearly hear Liam’s voice followed by Harry’s.

“I guess you guys are alright” I admitted once the song was over.

“Alright?” Louis asked, feigning a fall to the floor holding his heart.

I shrugged, “Yeah, alright. Honestly you guys aren’t bad, just not my type.”

They just looked at me in disbelief as Lou started working on Liam’s hair while I finished Niall and started on Zayn.

“So who was that one artist you compared us to?” Zayn asked quietly.

“Lana Del Ray?” I asked, he nodded as I searched for music on my phone, handing him an ear
bud as I started one of her best, ‘Video Games’ and watched as he started moving head to the
beat.

“It’s good” he agreed.

“I like her voice, it’s different. It’s eerie and soothing at the same time.”

I handed him my phone to look through my music and laughed when he landed on Killing Bono; making a face he turned his head to face mine, “So you know about Ben Barnes in a movie, but not One Direction?”

“I love him. So obviously if he sings in a movie I’m going to get all of the tracks.”

Chuckling he continued through my phone lastly landing on Pixie Lott and playing some of their songs; I just listened with one ear bud in and continued his hair. Once they were done I
sent him off to Lou to do his makeup.

“Well, it was a pleasure to see you guys again. But I’m off” I said aloud once Lou gave them the sign of approval for whatever they had planned.

“Thank you again” she grinned handing me an envelope that slid into my purse.

I hugged her goodbye, before waving at the boys and leaving the room. I had some time to stop at the furniture store and get a few things that I still needed before having a completely furnished home.

Leaving New York had ended up being one of the best ideas I’d ever hand and I had Greg to thank for that in a complicated way.