Status: Moment by moment

Obedience

Horror

Toni was lead into the throne room next to Loki and stood beside him as he and Thor kneeled before Odin, and though Loki was obviously reluctant, he seemed to have an intimate understanding of his current situation.

Odin watched Toni for a moment, growing agitated and confused. "Why do you not kneel, daughter of Tony?"

Toni huffed, already growing tired of being called that, but her words were diplomatic and polite. "I apologize if I seem disrespectful for saying so, but you are not my king and I do not kneel to those who do not rule me."

Loki's eyes snapped to her at those words, but she steadily ignored him, keeping cool eyes on Odin. She knew it was her comment about kneeling that caught his attention as opposed to her insolence in the face of Asgard's king.

"I see," Odin replied calmly. If such an action were befitting of a king, Toni thought he would be stroking his beard in thought right now. "You are a guest in my kingdom, yet you see fit to disrespect me in my own house?" Odin's voice had grown slightly louder, more imposing as he spoke, but Toni saw it for what it was; it was a simple scare tactic, used with the intention of making her cower and submit.

Toni narrowed her eyes in indignation, though Loki saw through it, could tell that she didn't really care but didn't want to submit and so she played a part to get what she wanted; he admired her abilities, she really was a good liar, but now it was time to see if she was as good at manipulation.

"I beg your pardon," Toni said, seeming to barely contain her anger, "but I did not ask to be brought here. I had no choice in the matter, so I am, at best, an unwilling guest and, at worst, a prisoner, so do not speak to me about disrespect, Odin." Loki would have winced at Toni's audacity, but he was enjoying himself far too much at the moment to care about where Odin would direct his anger, namely at Loki. "If you treat me with respect, I will do the same for you, but if you try to make me submit, I swear to my god that you will regret it."

Loki was looking at her strangely, she knew, no doubt questioning the comment claiming a god, but she continued to ignore it. Odin, however, noticed the fascination on Loki's face and made a quick decision. "Loki, your punishment will be to study the Tesseract's effects on this young woman and to act as her aid." Loki's mind whirled, trying to find the catch. "However," there it is, "you will remain silenced. Not a word will be spoken with your treacherous tongue, and your mouth will be sown shut."

Toni looked at Odin in horror and Loki wasn't sure why. Was it because of his punishment? Or, more likely, was it because she realized she had to spend her waking moments with him? It didn't matter, though, because Toni was being lead (dragged) away as he was held down, lips pierced by a large needle, unbreakable thread being pulled through the wounds, and all he could hear were the screams ripping themselves from his throat. But, it was strange; even as they tied the end off, effectively sealing his mouth shut, he could still hear the screams, clear as though not muffled by closed lips, as he faded from consciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
:'( Poor Loki.