Status: Moment by moment

Obedience

Relax

When Loki woke up, Toni wasn't in bed with him; he groggily sat up and looked around the room, noticing that the journal she had been using was gone and the contents of the bag she'd brought with her were emptied out onto the spare bed, though her shoes were still at the foot of the small bed.

Rising from the bed, Loki waved his hand, his armour falling into place as he stalked to the door; once in the hall, he decided to check the library first, thinking she might be there, but his search proved fruitless. The book keeper told him that she'd gone to the kitchens, so he made his way there, but found she hadn't been there for several hours. Taking the basket of food the servants gave him, they directed him to the gardens and he nodded to them in thanks.

Making his way through the gardens, he almost passed a doorway that had been overgrown with vines, but spotting the disturbance that had been made between the plants, he slightly parted them with his free hand and walked into the courtyard that had been made in his honor; he knew no one dared to enter, he'd put the vines there himself many years ago when he'd found out his true heritage.

Glancing across the open space, Loki spotted Toni sitting at the feet of his twenty foot high statue; she was sitting in a peculiar way, feet pulled towards her pelvis, crossed at the ankles, with her knees jutting out to either side of her body, and she was hunched over her journal, which she held steady on top of her left thigh. Her hair was in a messy bun, a few strands loose and lightly swaying in the breeze.

Loki stepped closer and Toni raised her head, looking at him before wrinkling her nose and going back to her drawing. Forehead drawing together in confusion at her distaste, he looked down and saw two drawings; the first was on the back of the previous page, showing him seated on Odin's throne, but the image had been scribbled through. The second was on the next page, a portrait of him sleeping. He watched as she put the finishing touches on the sketch and caught her eye when she was done, showing his confusion as he gestured to himself, trying to ask why his presence had brought irritation.

Somehow understanding, Toni said, "I like you better without the armour. Don't you ever wear anything casual?"

Loki cocked his head to the side, waving his hand over the armour, leaving leather boots, tight leather pants, and a green, long-sleeved cotton shirt; he put his arms to the sides and spun slowly on the spot, making Toni grin.

"Much better. What's in the basket?" Loki set the basket next to her and opened the top, showing her the food within, but he frowned when Toni grimaced. Loki gave her a questioning look, but she looked at the ground, so he used his fingers to tilt her head back up. "I just.. you can't..." Toni trailed off, mumbling incoherently as she gestured to his mouth, or, more importantly, the stitches holding his mouth shut, preventing him from eating.

Loki shook his head, amused but also touched by her concern, and he nudged the basket towards her. When she hesitated, he grabbed her journal and the pencil that was dangling from her fingers; turning the page, he started writing, handing the leather-bound back for her to read once he'd written the short passage.

'I've had my mouth sown shut before. I was made to sit at the table for every meal as part of my punishment.'

Toni scowled darkly after reading the loopy writing. "Sadistic bastards," she muttered darkly, but she reached into the basket and pulled out a piece of bread, pulling it apart with her fingers, hesitating slightly before popping the bite-sized morsels in her mouth.

Loki reached over and turned the journals page back to the drawings, then he pointed at the one that had been marked through with an inquisitive look.

Wrinkling her nose again, Toni shook her head. "I didn't like it; didn't feel right."

Loki gestured to her, his eyes, then the drawing again. 'Where did you see it?'

Toni shrugged. "I think I saw it in a dream or something, I don't really remember."

Toni finished her bread and turned the page again; picking up her pencil, she started doodling in the space under Loki's writing. As he watched the image became clear to him, showing in scary accuracy the scene he had described. Toni's hand moved quickly, expertly sketching the picture with a speed born from her years of artistry.

After only a couple of hours, the drawing was finished; Loki looked at her in amazement, in wonder of her talent, but her bare feet suddenly caught his attention and he pinched her big toe between his thumb and forefinger, wiggling it a little. Toni gave him an amused but confused look, so he stuck one of his legs out, pointing to his boots. 'Why don't you wear shoes?'

Toni laughed lightly and shrugged. "My mother was always very proper, made me get dressed before I left my room in the morning, and I always had to wear shoes around the house. I guess it was so I wouldn't look improper if we had unexpected guests or something, but when I stayed with my dad, I was allowed to walk around barefoot in my pajamas or comfy clothes; I don't know why, but I've always been more relaxed when I'm barefoot, so I go without shoes whenever I can."

Loki smiled, now understanding why she preferred him out of his armour. Eyes drawn back to the new drawing, he pointed at it, but Toni didn't understand, so he grabbed the journal and pencil again, writing, 'Do you have more?'

Toni read it and nodded. "I left my sketchbook back in your room if you want to look through it."

Loki nodded enthusiastically and Toni grinned, putting the journal and pencil in the basket, careful not to set it on any food, then she grabbed the handle with one hand and Loki's hand with the other. She chattered about some of her drawings on the way back to Loki's room, and Loki listened, an adoring smile on his face.

The odd pair didn't notice the people in the corridors, whispering and pointing at them. Some were saying they were cute together and Toni was good for Loki, he looked happy and relaxed; some were saying that Loki had done something to Toni, that he was using her and she was too good for him; the rest were silent, astonished by the sight before them, taking in the image before scurrying off to spread gossip, forming theories and opinions the more the topic was discussed.

And maybe Toni and Loki didn't notice, but Thor certainly did, and when Volstagg asked why he was so happy, he just laughed and said, "Young love, my friend."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwwww, Thor approves! How cute! Too bad Toni kinda hates his guts. xD If you haven't figured out why, don't worry, you're not missing anything, I just haven't explained it yet. If you think you know why, comment, and if you get it right, you can have your very own Loki!

Ha, as if, don't we all wish? But I can give you virtual hugs! ;P

Oh, and for anyone wondering about the 'peculiar way' Toni was sitting at the beginning at the chapter, it was in Loki's perspective and I described it that way because I figured the ever proper people of Asgard don't sit "criss cross applesauce." (Kindergarten anyone? Lol)