Status: Moment by moment

Obedience

Conflict

Toni and Loki just sat there, each taking comfort in the other when the doors to Loki's room burst open, Frigga hastily walking over the threshold. Toni quickly stood, slightly blocking Loki from view as he pulled himself together.

"Odin has heard of your," she paused, careful of her wording, "companionship. He is not pleased."

Before Toni could respond, Thor burst into the room at a run, eyes searching for Loki. "Brother, father is angry; you must leave Asgard, quickly. He plans to imprison you both, you must escape!"

"Why?" Toni asked.

"Asgardian's are not permitted to court mortals." Toni didn't miss the slight purse of Frigga's lips as she spoke, eyes darting to Thor and back. "It has never ended well; mortals are corrupt, greedy, and being of short lifespans they have always searched for the source of our immortality."

Toni huffed, rolling her eyes, muttering nasty words under her breath, Loki being the only one near enough to catch the French expletives. She paused as she felt Loki's heavy gaze, swearing again when she noticed it as well; energy was beginning to build in her like it had done the previous day just before she shattered the mirror.

"I suggest you keep your king," she spat the word as if it were an insult, "far away from me."

Loki sprang from his chair and stood in front of Toni as the Queen and Crown Prince of Asgard became enraged; Loki held his hands out in front of him in a placating motion.

"The power of the Tesseract has made me incredibly volatile," Toni coldly explained.

Frigga nearly hissed at her. "I don't see how your heightened emotional state-"

"Physically volatile."

Frigga's mouth snapped shut in surprise, then she glanced at Loki fearfully, obviously checking him for injuries. Loki glared at his mother and gestured to the remnants of the mirror behind her.

Toni felt her rage growing, furious that not only would Frigga accuse her of harming Loki but also because she distinctly recalled the haughty Queen standing impassively at her husband's side while he ordered Loki's mouth sewn shut, watching silently as her youngest son was put through the torture of being silenced.

Loki tensed as he felt the rage radiating from Toni; he spun around quickly, putting his hands on either side of her face, forehead pressed against hers as he stared into her bright blue eyes, silently pleading for her to calm down. Toni's hands went to Loki's wrists in a bruising grip, maintaining eye contact as she tried to pull herself together.

Frigga gasped, hand going over her heart as a window shattered, and Thor moved to protect his mother from the flying shards of glass.

Loki's grip on Toni intensified; she would likely end up with hand shaped bruises on her face, around the back of her neck, just as he would around his wrists, but neither paid the pain any mind, solely focused on each other. They remained completely still even as the crystal chandelier above them cracked, fractured, tiny bits bursting spontaneously, segments burying themselves into Loki and Toni's skin, the incisions dripping blood, blue mixing with red.

Suddenly everything stopped as Odin stalked into the room, four very large guards with them. Toni's eyes widened and Loki shook his head fervently.

"Take them to the dungeons," the Allfather's voice filled the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHMYGODIAMSOSORRY!!! 6 months, oooohhhhmmyyygggoooodddd!!! (Not gonna lie, I've been spending my time watching Supernatural and Teen Wolf and blathering away on tumblr.)

I wrote this the same day I posted the last chapter, but I wasn't 100% sure that this was what I wanted, but I've finally gone back through the story and read the draft and I think it works along with the rest of the story in the speed that things happen, so there it is, the (I'msosorry) incredibly short new chapter.

I'll try to write more, I've got an idea running through my head, but it'll most likely be a few days (though that's considerably better than 6 months. I'MSOOOORRRRYYYY).

-hides behind desk- Please don't throw sharp (or heavy) things at me. -wince-