Status: Moment by moment

Obedience

Angry

Toni looked around the area of Loki's cell, watching from her hidden spot above the main floor. Once Fury left, she quickly climbed down and moved to stand in front of the glass cage, staring at the God of Mischief.

After staring back at her for a moment, Loki's eyes were filled with curiosity. "Haven't I seen you before?"

Toni lightly pursed her lips. "Germany," she muttered, clenching her fists, angry at the thought of her previous submission. But it wouldn't happen again. How could it? No one was powerful in a cage, not even a god. So why did she still feel helpless?

"Ah, yes; you were the first to submit, were you not?" Loki's smirk infuriated her, she wanted to slap it off his smug face.

"Purely in the interest of my own survival, I assure you," Toni replied coolly, hands relaxing by her sides. "I bow to no man, supposed god or not," she hissed, letting her contempt lace her words. He didn't have to know that it was contempt for her own weakness.

Loki's smirk grew to a grin, all teeth and danger, reminding Toni of the hyenas she'd seen at the zoo when she was little. "No, not at all; but you certainly kneel very well, don't you?"

Her eyes flared and her knuckles started to turn white from the tightness of her fists. It took a mass amount of effort not to press the button, the big red button, the big red button that would release the cylindrical cage and drop the Mischief God 30,000 feet to his (maybe) death. Would it kill him? Toni didn't know, but at this moment she really wanted to find out.

Turning on her heel, she left the room, pain shooting through her mouth as she ground her teeth together. Loki set her nerves on fire, and it scared her just how deep the feeling went.
♠ ♠ ♠
Geez, this took me forever, right? Sorry, I've been sick, and I've made new friends, and (I'll admit) I went on a Loki fan fiction binge. x) But I'm back! And for those of you that read A Different Turn Of Events, I will work on that right now. :)