Status: Moment by moment

Obedience

Curious

Watching from her hiding spot above Loki's cell, Toni listened as Natasha got information out of Loki. She found it amusing, ironic, semi-hilarious even that the God of Mischief and Lies couldn't tell that the Black Widow was faking every emotion she was 'showing' him.

Once the spy had left, though, she had to admit (though only to herself) that Loki's plan was pretty genius. Well, except for the pissing everybody off part, that was his flaw; the Avengers would get angry and petty at first, but once they rallied together, Loki didn't stand a chance. They were a good group and would fight well together, Toni was sure of that, and there was no way Loki would succeed.

After observing the god for a few more moments, she vaulted down from her perch and walked over to the cage, much like she had earlier, but she was decidedly more calm this time, slightly standoffish. Loki looked at her oddly, probably not expecting to see her again, certainly not so soon after he had wounded her pride, made her angry with herself, but she had plenty of it (pride that is) to easily cover the gaping whole and move on like nothing had happened, at least for now. There were more important things at stake than her ego, and since Toni had been too preoccupied with Loki's presence on the Helicarrier, she figured there was nowhere else she could be any more useful than where her mind was. Sure there were cameras watching Loki, but it couldn't hurt to have someone in the room with him, could it?

Toni sat down on the floor with her back against the wall directly facing the cage, the panel with the big red button (she still wanted to push it) behind her on her right; she stretched out her left leg and bent the right one, knee pointed at the ceiling, right elbow resting on it, hand and forearm dangling down the left side of her shin while her left hand was palm down on her left thigh. Once settled and comfortable, she let her head fall back against the wall and she stared, unabashed, at the caged Norse legend.

Toni watched Loki. Loki watched Toni. The room was silent except for the noises of the Helicarrier and their light breathing (if either of them strained to hear it) as they looked at each other, curiosity filling their heads with thoughts of the other, both wondering why the one opposite them was there, though Toni's head ran a partially parallel path with Loki's as she also wondered why she was there, why she voluntarily placed herself in the same area as the god that had dug a hole for himself in her brain.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter should be out in two or three days at the latest. Please let me know what you think or what I could do better as this isn't my typical writing style. :)