Status: Moment by moment

Obedience

Breathe

After becoming irritated with herself for (discreetly) admiring the mischievous man in front of her, Toni had calmly stood and walked out of the room, angled towards her quarters, when it happened, the explosion, the explosion that Toni just knew was meant to break Loki out. She immediately ran back to Loki's cage after the explosion went off, and she watched as he disappeared then reappeared outside of the glass wall. She didn't know how to stop him, but she knew she had to try so she ran up to him, stopping right in his path as he (literally and figuratively) looked down at her, eyebrow cocking at her in amusement.

Toni froze, not having been this close to him until now, and before her brain short-circuited, the thought that she was about as useful at stopping him as a chopstick faintly passed through her mind as she stood there, staring up at him in (attempted) defiance. From the look on his face, her defiance was failing her and she should probably move before he-- too late.

Loki backed Toni against the wall, his armored body a mere centimeter from hers as he stared at her, and through the haze of Loki in Toni's vision, she could see that he was clearly laughing at her, even if it was internally, and it infuriated and disappointed her. She felt worthless, she wanted him to like her, so she was angry and disappointed in herself, but at the same time she knew he was the enemy, so it pissed her off that she wanted his approval. Unfortunately, going by the look on his face, Loki knew what was running through her mind, so she hated herself all the more for suddenly becoming an open book for him.

How did Loki evoked these reactions from her? Toni had never acted this way before, not for anyone or anything, and she was thrown completely off balance, it made her question who she was as a person, if she was who she was or if it was a group of misconceptions spread throughout her life.

When the Helicarrier started to fall from the sky, Toni was jolted back to reality, but she still couldn't move away from Loki, though she was sure she would be able to shove him away, if she could move her limbs that is.

After a moment, Toni grew even more uncomfortable and managed the put her hands on Loki's chest to push him away, but that's where her range of movement stopped. Did she really want to push him off of her? Was she really trying? She hoped so, but she didn't even know if she was breathing.