Status: Moment by moment

Obedience

Suffer

Next thing Toni knew, she was staring at the ceiling in the Helicarrier infirmary, the white ceiling, the irritatingly bright ceiling that was making her headache worse. How did she get here? The last thing she remembered was Loki staring down at her and she was trying to push him away, she thought she was trying to push him away, was she trying? She still didn't know, but that wasn't important right now, she needed to know the damage, what had happened while she was unconscious.

Groaning, Toni moved to sit up and a blinding pain shot up her side, causing her to cry out and slump back down on the bed. Next thing she knew, her father was at her side, plumping the pillow under her head and fixing the blanket, the hot blanket, it was too warm, Toni couldn't breathe, she had to get out of here, it was suffocating. She heard someone calling her name, but it didn't matter, she needed out, she had to run.

"Toni, calm down. Toni! Antoinette Marie Stark!"

Hearing her full name, Toni's eyes snapped open and she looked at her father, limbs falling back onto the bed, still in the blanket she had gotten tangled in, her thrashing had only tightened it around her legs and arms. Her breathing evened out as she looked at Tony, and she noticed his eyes were bloodshot. It couldn't be because of her, she knew she wasn't that bad off, so what happened?

"Who died?" She asked hoarsely, feeling like she'd been punched in the throat.

Tony clenched his eyes shut, head falling forward. "Phil," he muttered, still working on fixing the blanket.

Toni's eyes welled up with tears and her hand covered her mouth, horror filling her gut. "How?" Her hand muffled the question, but he heard her. Instead of answering, he grabbed a laptop and pulled up the surveillance footage.

There she was, hands on Loki's chest. For several terrifying moments she didn't move, but then she weakly tried to push him away. Toni didn't remember that, but then again she didn't remember being choked out- so that's why her throat hurt- and stabbed in the stomach either. Then there was Thor, falling for the illusion bit- again- and being dropped out of the Helicarrier.

And there was Phil. Oh god, there he was, standing up to Loki, with a weapon that may not even work, but it did work, not that it mattered in the end. The real Loki stabbed him from behind and Toni watched him die.

Tony moved his hand to turn it off, but his daughter stopped him. She rewound the footage to the moment Loki had killed Phil, a man she greatly liked and respected, and she paused it, staring at the look on Loki's face, and a hatred she had never experienced exploded behind her eyes, red clouding her vision as blind rage flooded through her. She faintly thought that this must be how Bruce felt when he lost control.

"Clothes," Toni muttered darkly. Her father didn't even protest, knowing it wouldn't do any good, and he handed her the clothes he'd set on the chair beside her bed. She let him help her out of bed, but swatted his hands away as she walked to the bathroom to change. Anything she may have felt for Loki was gone, replaced with the need to make him suffer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh. My. Demigod! It's been nearly a month since I've updated! I AM SO SORRY! I haven't written anything all month, and today I was like, "I'm going to try to write," and I whipped this out and I was like, "Woo! Finally!" It's just that the past few chapters weren't quite what I wanted, so I was discouraged, but now I'm back!

On a story note, this actually isn't quite the direction I was going. I started this story based on a scene I wrote first, but it morphed into this, which I think is actually much better, so I'm going to use that chapter/scene with a different intent, but it'll still be the same. I'll let you know which one it is so you'll know what I'm talking about.