Status: Moment by moment

Obedience

Wonder

Toni looked around the rainbow bridge, taking in the broken, cracked edge, and wondered what happened to it. She had been nervous, at first, about coming here, but as soon as she had seen (felt) Loki, she realized Asgard didn't make her nervous, he did. She could feel him smirking from behind the muzzle before he even looked at her, but when he did turn around, she saw his eyes widen in surprise.

All Thor had told him was that she was going back to Asgard with them because the Tesseract had done something strange to her. He had not been expecting her blue appearance, and by the look on his face, the shock, the fear, he was out of his element, taking too long to cover up his reaction, not that he didn't try, but Toni had seen it, seen the fear (the weakness).

She got stuck next to him, hand brushing his as they grabbed the device encasing the Tesseract, but she didn't flinch away, she thought she would, but it ended up being him that flinched.

Curious, Toni thought, but she brushed it off and gave her father one last look; she saw worry clearly, but under that was pride. His daughter was the first mortal to set foot on Asgard, even though she wasn't exactly human anymore. She smirked at him, promising a world of information for when she came back, then they were gone in the blink of an eye, leaving her standing on the bridge, staring into the vast expanse of space off the edge of a broken rainbow.

Where's my pot of gold? Toni thought, huffing her amusement.

"Asgard is this way, daughter of Tony," Thor said loudly, confused, disrupting the peace and beauty.

Toni rolled her eyes. "Yes, Thor, I know," she sighed, exasperated by his lack of comprehension. When she turned around, she saw a look of understanding pass across Loki's face, but it was gone before she could figure out what exactly it was that he understood.

She wondered what that understanding could be as she trailed slowly after the brothers (or not brothers in Loki's mind) down the long bridge (it really was massive). Did he understand why Thor irritated her? Why the Thunder God's loud voice annoyed her? Or did he understand why she stared into space? Why she watched the slow progression of the stars?

Then again, maybe he understood it all, understood her.

Toni stopped walking abruptly, but silently, eyeing the Mischief God as he walked, and as if he felt her critical stare, he stopped walking and turned to look at her. Their eyes were locked, Toni trying to understand, Loki just letting her look, but they were interrupted when Thor finally realized they'd stopped.

"Come, brother; there is nothing you can do to escape your punishment."

Toni rolled her bright blue eyes and Loki raised an eyebrow at the strange reaction, but she ignored it and started walking again, so Loki did the same, now a few steps behind Thor, Toni still trailing behind them, looking small and whimsical in comparison.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back to writing, for real this time. I'm gonna go for another chapter or two for this one, then I'm going to work on my Walking Dead fan fiction (A Different Turn Of Events).