The Original Selfish Machines.

six.

January-February 2009

We came back from winter break and we got closer. We began talking nonstop and sitting together on the bus. He knew my birthday was soon and kept mentioning how we should do something for it, but I kept ignoring what he'd say.

One day in February when we were sitting on the bus as it started pulling away from the school, he pressed his forehead to mine and puckered his lips a little.

"No," I said quiet enough for only him to hear.

"What?" He asked slightly taken back. He looked at me as if no girl had ever turned him down, which was probably the case.

I didn't respond. I just looked at him and gave him a smirk. The reason I didn't kiss him was because I knew he had a girlfriend, and me being a good person remembered this and said no. The rest of the way home, we each had an earbud in and he rested his left hand on my thigh. He rubbed it lightly with his thumb until he decided to hold my hand. I remember, "The Words 'Best Friend' Become Redefined" by Chiodos coming on and he squeezed my hand and smiled at me.

A few days later I gave in. It was early in the morning and our faces were close. We made out and smiled when we pulled away. From that moment on, I stopped caring about who he was with and only about being with him, even if it was just as friends.

and it's good enough to make me wanna fall in love.

After that morning, everyday after school we made it a point to be the first ones on the bus so we could have a make out and feel up session before everyone came on the bus.

March 2009

I'm pretty sure it was March when this happened. If it's not, then whatever. Anyways, I remember texting him from my mom's phone because my stepdad took away my phone as a way of grounding me. I was at the salon my mom worked at getting a pedicure and texting him.

Out of nowhere he said something along the lines of, "This is wrong. We shouldn't be doing this." I basically agreed with him and told him it sucked because I liked him. He responded back with something like, "I know and it sucks even more because I like you a lot." It bummed me out but I got over it that night.

The next day though when we were sitting on the bus, first people as usual, he kissed me. We made out like it meant something, if that makes sense.

"I thought you didn't wanna cheat on your girlfriend anymore," I said after I pulled away.

"I guess I lied," he said and kissed me again.

we're screaming, "why can't we just be friends?" it's not that easy, but it's half of the fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's weird writing these because it still feels like yesterday when in reality it was 3 1/2 years ago.