Status: Developing slowly.

The Cornucopia of Us

II

Kelsey walked out of her bedroom to find Rian coming out of Bri's at the same time. Rian smiled sheepishly as he followed Kelsey down the steps. She went for the fridge as Rian grabbed two bagels and popped them into the toaster.
"Orange juice?" She held up the carton of orange juice to Rian who nodded. She poured two glasses full and gave one to Rian just as the bagels popped up.
"Cream cheese?" he suggested from behind the fridge door.
"Sure, I kind of want onion and chives today." Kelsey said as she took a seat at one of the stools.
"Jack's favorite." Kelsey looked up just as Rian stopped in mid-walk and frowned.
"Shit. I'm sorry Kels. I di-"
"It's fine Rian. Honestly." She forced a small smile and took the onion and chives cream cheese from Rian's hand and spread it on her bagel. He sat down and spread some on his own bagel. They sat there, chewing quietly and trying to forget about what Rian had said.
"So... Are you excited for the tour?" Kelsey glanced up from behind her cup as she took a big gulp of orange juice and saw Rian smile, his pearl whites gleaming in the light.
"Mhm. Very. I mean, I know it isn't going to be as big as we want but shit, we're going to get out there man." She smiled and ate the rest of her bagel.
"You will Ri. So, I'm assuming you and Bri are going to hang out today and tomorrow, we're all going to hang out one last time before you guys leave and we end up graduating without you guys. But I have to meetup with someone."
"Kels, you ramble on too much." Rian chuckled, "Go have fun. We'll see you later." Kelsey picked Rian on the cheek before dashing back into her room and getting ready to do something she hopes she doesn't regret.

___

Jack groaned as he heard his bedroom door open. He sighed and threw a pillow over his head as someone decided to open the blinds, letting all the sun in.
Fucking dicks. Jack thought. He decided he might as well get up now seeing as the person wasn't going to leave until Jack moved.
"Alright. I'm up, I'm up." Jack got up begrudgingly, stretched and turned around to see who the culprit was. To his surprise, it was none other than...
"Kelsey?" Jack said as he stood in nothing but his boxers. He quickly put on the sweats that were at his feet as he watched Kelsey turn pink at his sight.
"H-hi Jack. Um, I thought we could yanno, hang out today since we haven't been talking in so long." Kelsey bit her lip and twirled a curl between her fingers.
"Yeah sure, just one question: how did you get in?" He remembered asking for his key back so he knew she just didn't come in with her key.
"I took Rian's key this morning when he wasn't looking. Um, sorry, I should have called but I uh, deleted your number a long time ago..." Actually, Kelsey still had Jack's number. It was more like memorized more than having it in her personal possession. Jack nodded and went to his drawer to take out a clean shirt.
"So wanna go down to the park and watch a film being played? It's from like the fifties but I think you'll enjoy it." Kelsey smiled and nodded.
"Uh, I should go wait outside." She said as she saw Jack starting to take off his pants again.
"Suit yourself." Jack laughed and watched Kelsey leave his room and go down to the living room. Jack appeared ten minutes later, fully cloth and extremely excited he gets to go see a movie with his ex. And that's when his mood dimmed again. Kelsey was his ex, not his girlfriend, just his ex.
"So, shall we?" Jack nodded and followed Kelsey out to her car, where they drove to the park to see God-knows-what.

___

"That was extremely fun Jack. Thank you." Kelsey said as she walked Jack to his door.
"Yeah, who would actually think movies in the nineteenth century were actually deemed as good'?" Kelsey laughed and looked up to meet Jack's big brown eyes looking down at her.
"Yeah, I better get going." Kelsey said as she turned and almost walked back to her car if it weren't for Jack who pulled her back and planted a big one on her. Kelsey resisted at first but hell, three months without kissing her favorite boyfriend is hell. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he picked her up. As much of a cliche that it was and is, Kelsey raised one of her legs, doing something she only saw in movies... And when she first started to date Jack back in ninth grade. Jack put her down slowly and placed soft, sweet pecks on her lips. When they finally pulled back, Kelsey was finally struck with nervousness and a certain void of guilt.
"Shit Jack." She said as she started to pace back and forth of Jack's deck. Jack giggled and watched her run a hand through her hair.
"What the hell did we just do!?" Kelsey said turning back to Jack.
"We made out silly." Jack rolled his eyes at how Kelsey just completely erased the special moment they just shared.
"Yeah, I know Jack. But shit... What if Josh finds out? O-or Mindy, huh Jack?" Kelsey said. Jack's face went serious and he grabbed Kelsey by the shoulders.
"Mindy and Josh won't find out okay? What happened her tonight stays between the two of us."
"J-jack, you out of all people should know I would never cheat on any of my boyfriends.."
"Exactly why he won't know." Jack said as he let go of Kelsey and pulled out his keys.
"I'll see you tomorrow night Kelsey. And what did I just say?"
"My lips are sealed Jack." Kelsey responded as she headed back to her car, a little worried that this will all go to hell soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since I'm feeling friendly as fuck today, I've updated it which means, I won't post the other chapter up until next Wednesday boo hoo. That's a lie because I'll end up posting it up on Friday because I have nothing to do.

Kelsey