Status: Just the beginning...

No Idea

One

"Hey Rachel," Alex smirked flirtatiously at the girl who was obviously too enveloped in a book to notice. He frowned as he got frustrated at her obvious attempts to ignore him and tried to get her attention once again by waving his hands in her face, "Rach? Rachel! Hello? Earth to Rachel! Are you even listening to me?”

"What?" She sighed, slightly annoyed as she put her book down and looked into his soft, brown eyes. She was somewhat confused about what all the girls found attractive about him. He had unruly hair, an oddly shaped body that he still hadn’t quite grown into, crooked teeth, and an absolutely arrogant attitude that she couldn’t stand. Yet almost every girl wanted to be in her shoes because for some odd reason, Alex had only eyes for her and he had since elementary school when they first met on the playground. She still shuddered when she remembered him trying to kiss her on the playground which led to her getting in trouble for slapping him. Still, all these years later she refused to give him the time of day, and even refused to become friends with him despite his constant presence.

"So I was wondering... if you wanted to hang out sometime... like today perhaps?" Alex bit his lip and looked up at the girl nervously. She was the only girl to ever reject him and it drove him absolutely insane. No girl could resist the Gaskarth charm, unless your name was Rachel Peters that is. It only made things worse that she was the most gorgeous girl he had ever laid eyes on. Her messy brown hair that fell in her face in an almost perfect way, her crystal blue eyes, her pale skin that always had a hint of a tan, it all drove him crazy because she was the one girl he could never have that he always wanted.

"No thanks, Alex. I have better things to do with my time, I'm sorry." She sighed before picking her book back up and turning the page once again. She refused to even look at him as Alex continued to stare at her in utter disbelief.

"I don't even know why you try, man." Rachel heard Alex's hyperactive friend that she thought was named Jack chuckle as she peered over the top of her book to watch Alex walk over and sit next to his friend accepting defeat for the second time that day, "She has never said yes and she will never say yes to you dude. Give it up already, it's been years!”

"I'll go out with you, Alex!" A petite blonde girl smiled as she sat down in his lap and giggled, "You'd have a lot more fun with me than with that loser."

Alex looked back at the girl he had pined over for years before looking down at the girl who was basically giving herself to him in his arms and he grinned halfheartedly. He couldn't help but to compare the two of them. He did it to every girl that threw themselves at him. He looked her up and down, noticing her extremely dark roots that proved she wasn't a natural blonde, her dark brown eyes that were the exact opposite of Rachel's light ones, her overly tanned skin that showed proof of spending too much time in a tanning bed. She looked just like every other girl that Alex spent time with, and he thought it was getting a little old. "Alright Lisa, you'll do."

"What? I didn't hear that last part." She giggled for no reason as she batted her obviously fake eyelashes at him.

"It was nothing." He lied as he stared at Rachel, praying she would make eye contact while a beautiful girl sat in his lap, "Don't worry about it."

"Pick me up at five?" She winked before kissing him on the lips as if they had been dating for months, not just agreeing to go on a first date, "My parents aren't home, so maybe we'll just skip the actual date part all together."


~~~


"It's senior year, Rachel, senior fucking year!" Kara shouted as she waved her arms around furiously causing her long, brown hair to fly around in her face making her look slightly like the grudge under the school's fluorescent lighting, "Seriously, you need to get your face out of the books and music for one night and come to this party. We're lucky we were even invited you know."

"Why we're we invited anyway?" Rachel wrinkled her nose in a confused manner as she stared at her best friend who was looking at her as if she was stupid. She was used to that look, otherwise anyone else probably would have been offended.

"My cousin's boyfriend's sister is dating the party host's older brother, so he scored us invites." She grinned proudly as if she had actually achieved something worthwhile.

"Whose party is it, anyway?" Rachel asked. She was curious since she would probably be forced into going after all. Kara could always convince her into doing things she didn’t want to.

"Rian Dawson's, you know, the really cute guy with the perfect teeth?" Kara said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yeah, yeah. I remember. He used to be in my Spanish class and you’ve been obsessed with him since we were twelve." Rachel nodded as Kara looked ready to protest about her secret love for the boy in question, "He was really nice."

"Watch it losers!" A small blonde girl shouted as she shoved past suddenly, almost knocking Kara and Rachel over in the process, "I'm trying to walk here!"

"Bitch." Rachel and Kara muttered simultaneously as they watched her continue to shove past students in the hallway, trying to get to her unimportant destination.

"Sorry about her." A guy smiled behind a head full of hair that covered his face, only slightly contained by a bandana that was tied around his forehead holding it all in place, "I would say she's not normally like this, but then I'd be lying."

"It's fine." Rachel muttered before turning back to her locker and pretended to be organizing it. Suddenly she wished she was anywhere but right there in that hallway.

"What's not fine is that you're still dating Satan's offspring, what the hell dude?" Kara shouted at the boy who was still standing there, his gaze never leaving Rachel even though her back was to him. His eyes only flickered to Kara for a moment before he smiled softly. He opened his moth to speak but shut it quickly as their attention was drawn elsewhere.

"Alex!" A voice screeched far down the hall causing the three of them to look at the small blonde girl who was standing there looking extremely pissed with her hands on her hips. She looked as if she was ready to explode her face was so red and she was staring straight at Rachel.

Alex chuckled and looked between the two girls, his eyes lingering on Rachel just a bit longer than they should have once again, "I guess that's my cue. See you two around. Bye Rachel."

"I don't know why you ever let that one slip away." Kara whispered as she checked out his butt as he walked away, "Damn, he is sexy!"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Kara." She rolled her eyes and glared knowing exactly what the girl was talking about. Alex had grown into his looks the past couple of years, making him even more desirable to most of the female population of Dunaley High School. Even though he was extremely attractive now, she still didn’t see much in what she knew about his dull personality that made him all that attractive to everyone. Even some of the female teachers loved him more than a teacher should love a student, there were even rumors about him sleeping with Mrs. Tollison on Homecoming night Junior year, and that disgusted her to no end.

"Hey Kara!" Rian smiled as he walked up to the two of them just as Alex and Lisa disappeared down the hall, "Chase told me you two might be coming tonight. I just wanted to give you a heads up that things get kind of crazy around there and... uhh.... what was I talking about? Damn, this is embarrassing. I was er, just letting you know you can crash at my place if you want. Oh, you can too Rachel!" Rian coughed nervously and scratched his head. Both girls were trying to stifle their laughter at the babbling boy in front of them. It was hilarious how awkward he was being.

"Thanks, Rian. I'll consider it." Kara smirked and bit her lip flirtatiously as she twisted her hair in her fingers nervously.

"O-okay cool, see you two later." He blushed before walking off to catch up with the rest of his friends lingering in the hallway.

"He's so into you." Rachel giggled as she nudged her friend.

"You think?" Kara laughed, "Nahh. He's probably still talking to Isabelle, I heard he may ask her out at the party tonight."

"Kara, wait up!" Rian shouted behind them before he caught up a moment later, "I'll need your number so I can text you the directions to my house later."

"Oh, uh sure." Kara blushed as she took his phone and put her number in, "Here you go.”

"Cool, I'll text you later, bye." Rian grinned before walking off in the other direction that Alex and Lisa were in once again.

"Maybe you heard wrong, Kara. Rian looks pretty interested if you ask me." Rachel winked at her friend who was still staring at Rian walking back down the hallway. Kara only looked at her friend with a very excited look on her face, still too excited to speak. There was no way Rachel could get out of this party now.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story alert! Helllllo readers that haven't come yet because I've yet to post the first chapter. I had this idea for a while now and I'm just getting it started so bear with me. Yeah, I should be updating my other stories, but I couldn't help it okay?! I'll get to those eventually.

Anyway, please comment / recommend / subscribe!

Thanks for reading!

- Sommer x