Status: Just the beginning...

No Idea

Three

The only good thing about being the only remotely sober person at a party was the morning after when you got to watch pleasantly from the sidelines as everyone else had major hangovers they were recovering from.

Rachel laughed as she watched Jack wake up in a panic and rush right past her to the bathroom that morning, presumably to throw up the remaining alcohol in his stomach. He had been one of the more drunk people at the party and near the end he had started to become obscene and obnoxious. Well, more so than usual at least.

“Why are you all smiley this morning?” A raspy voice asked from behind her. She turned around to see Alex standing there, his hair all disheveled and his clothes extremely wrinkled. He must have fallen asleep on the floor somewhere during the night or more likely very early in the morning from the evident bags forming under his eyes.

“Because your best friend has a major hangover.” She replied coolly as he nodded his head in understanding, “I thought you were driving home last night?”

“Yeah, there was a slight change of plans. You see I didn’t exactly want Jack throwing up all over my car, so I thought it would be better to stay here. What are you still doing here, Rachel?” Alex raised a brow and crossed his arms as he leaned back on the wall awaiting her answer.

“Kara was my ride home and she wanted to stay over.” Rachel said. She didn’t have to say anymore for Alex to know why. It was obvious to everyone that both Kara and Rian had the hots for one another. They were both just too scared to reveal it to each other, “Speaking of which, have you seen her around?”

“Nope.” Alex said as he popped the ‘p’ on the word, “She’s probably upstairs with Rian though. For once they were actually getting physical if you know what I mean."

“And you were watching?” Rachel asked slightly disgusted, “Why?”

“They were on the middle of the makeshift dance floor, geeze!” Alex laughed, “I didn’t follow them to the bedroom or anything. That’s more Jack’s style, not mine.”

“I get it. Your style is more like dating girls who leave parties with other guys besides you, am I right?” Rachel cogitated.

“You did not just go there.” Alex laughed surprising the girl, “Good one.”

Rachel shrugged in response and cracked a small smile as she peered over at the boy next to her, “You have strange taste in women, Gaskarth.”

“For your information, Lisa is not my type. At all.” Alex said as he made eye contact with her.

Rachel quickly looked away and cleared her throat, “Then why are you even with Lisa? You don’t seem very happy with her, or even just in general if you ask me.”

Alex shrugged and ruffled his already messy hair before giving a fairly simple answer in lieu of the complexities of his and Rachel’s ‘relationship’ of sorts, “The girl I was into before her never gave me the time of day. Lisa is pretty much all I know nowadays.”

Rachel swallowed hard and opened her mouth to speak when Rian and Kara came down the stairs hand in hand, both grinning like two people who had just won the lottery. In a way, they probably did though.

“Score for the Magic Man!” Alex hollered as someone else still in the house gave a whistle. Rachel laughed as she watched her best friend’s face turn bright red as she hid her face in Rian’s shoulder. Rian laughed and shot Alex the bird as they walked up to the two of us. Rachel shared a look with Kara that said they would talk later as they always did.

“Anyone want breakfast?” Kara asked as she pulled out her car keys and looked around. Alex’s face perked up at the thought of food and Rian shot him a glare.

“We would go, but we have to clean, Alex included." Rian shot his friend a look as Alex complained while making yet another joke about Rian's fascination with magic tricks. "Have a nice breakfast.” Rian grinned and leaned in kissing her quickly on the lips, earning the two a few more cat calls and hollers thrown in their direction. Kara pulled away and grabbed Rachel’s wrists, pulling her out of the house before she could even give a proper goodbye.

“So what were you and Alex talking about?” Kara quirked a brow as they drove down the road to the nearest IHOP, Kara’s favorite hangover cure destination.

“He was making it all awkward and shit as usual.” Rachel rolled her eyes, “I’m pretty sure he was trying to get me to admit how I used to reject him all the time.”

“You still reject him, Rach.” Kara noted. She looked over at her best friend who was biting her lip and staring at her cuticles intently. She always did this when she was frustrated.

“I do not.” She said as she looked up at Kara who had just turned back to look at the road as she turned into the IHOP parking lot.

“Oh please.” Kara laughed, “You avoid him like the plague at school, and every time he even tries to talk to you, you find some way to get out of it. It’s no secret Alex had a thing for you back in the day. Even Alex admits to it.”

“Speaking of boys,” Rachel said in an attempt to desperately change the subject, “What happened between you and Rian last night? You both disappeared pretty early last night. And this morning he kissed you!”

“Oh, that?” Kara blushed as they sat down in a booth, “That was nothing.”

“Bull. Fucking. Shit.” Rachel laughed, “Seriously, what happened?”

“A lady doesn’t kiss and tell.” Kara giggled. Just then the waiter came over and began to take their orders. Once he left, Rachel turned her attention back to her friend in question.

“Well we both know you’re not a lady, and we both know you did more than kiss last night, so spill!” Rachel squealed. Normally, she wouldn’t even be this interested about her best friend’s love life, but this was Rian Dawson, the boy Kara had been stuck on since grade school.

“Okay, okay.” Kara grinned, “We had sex.”

“Shocker.” Rachel clicked her tongue sarcastically, “What made you two do the deed in the first place?”

“Well,” Kara paused as she tried to recall, “All I can really remember is him saying I looked pretty, and then my all clothes were gone.”

Rachel shook her head and chuckled, “Only you Kara.” Kara shrugged her shoulders and winked as the waiter brought them their plates of food.

“Hey, do you two girls know Zack Merrick?” He smiled somewhat nervously, but with an air of confidence that surprised the two girls.

“Uh, yeah. Why?” Rachel peered up at him. He was tall and handsome, two qualities that were always nice on a guy. His brown hair fell down in curls around his face, almost like that guy from One Direction that she couldn’t quite remember the name of.

“I thought I recognized you. You were at the party last night, right?” He grinned a little wider and looked straight at Rachel only glancing over at Kara momentarily before his eyes came back to meet Rachel’s.

“We were at Rian’s party last night, but Zack was there.” Kara said causing his to snap his head to look at her. Kara was grinning widely as she looked back at Rachel.

“Oh, uh right. Sorry. It’s just that I rode over with Zack and a couple of other people from Towson High School last night.” He clarified, “I’m Brandon. I knew I recognized you two beautiful girls from somewhere.”

“Smooth.” Rachel muttered under her breath before she grinned again, “I’m Rachel, and this is Kara.”

“Well it’s nice to officially meet you both,” Brandon smiled, “Let me know if you need anything else.”

“Oh we will, Brandon.” Kara smirked as she stared at Rachel from across the table, “Trust me, we will.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments guys! Keep 'em coming!

Untold Story
poopdood


Oh, the introduction of a new guy character. What will happen? ;-) I don't really know what else to say at the moment, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

Please comment / recommend / subscribe!

- Sommer x