Status: In Progress

Wonderland

Chapter 8

“Now about your clothes. I have a wardrobe full of women’s clothes. There should be some things in there that are your size.” he looked at me, a devilish grin on his face. I didn’t like where this was going.

“Do I want to know why you have girls clothes in your wardrobe?”

“I have my sources. Come on, follow me.” he laughed grabbed my hand and dragged me into another room.

“This is my room. But we can share if you’d prefer.” Hatter winked at me before laughing at my unamused expression.

“You need to lighten up Alice. Always so serious. Anyway we should have something to suit your style. How about this?”

I eyed the very short, pink dress carefully. It didn’t look like it would reach half way down my thigh, never mind cover all the necessary points. Also skin tight is not really my style. I blinked and sighed.

“Do you seriously think I would ever wear anything like that?”

“Why not? I think it’ll suit you. Very flattering.” Hatter said and winked.

“Also very revealing. Oh and considering we’re now technically fugitives I can’t really escape anywhere in that. Got anything else?” I remarked.

“Fine. If you insist. Have a look through. I’ll be on the bed.” he huffed and strolled over to the bed before flopping down onto it.

I watched him for a couple of minutes before I decided I would investigate the wardrobe of wonders. There were a number of dresses, skirts and shorts. Non of which seemed suitable for my ordeal but all of which I’m sure Hatter would prefer I’d wear. But that wasn’t what was going to happen. Instead I looked for jeans.

The first pair I came across were super skinny jeans. Now you see there are only one kind of people who can wear skinny jeans because if your legs are too skinny or too large by just a cm they look stupid. I was not one of those people who could pull them off so I put them back. Then I pulled out a pair of black jeans with a black and red studded belt slung across it.

“Found anything yet?” Hatter complained from the bed.

“I just need a shirt. Sorry am I keeping you awake?” I laughed.

“Hm. Well I’m sure I could think of some way you could make it up to me.” he smirked.

“Never going to happen!” I called.

“We’ll see.”

At this point Hatter slumped off of the bed and sauntered over to the bedroom doors. I eyed him carefully. He spun around when he got to the doors, holding each door with a different hand and, using the doors as support, he leaned towards me.

“Want a tea?” he inquired, eyeing the jeans I was holding with distaste.

“Got any coffee?” I said looking back to the wardrobe.

“Not very British of you.”

“I’m not in Britain and I don’t like tea. Yes or no?” I pointed out.

“Of course I have coffee. Milk? Sugar? Emotions?” he asked rocking the doors on their hinges.

“Milk please, two sugars. Hold off on the emotion thanks.”

“You sure? I have everything. Love. Passion. Lust.”

“No. No. Oh and let me think…” I paused and tapped my chin.

“Go on. Just a taste.” he tried to seduce.

“No. Ah here we go.” I said and pulled out a black T-shirt with a image of a red queen with the words “Off with your head” sprawled across the bottom.

“Interesting choice.” he observed.

“Do I want to know why?” I said and rolled my eyes.

“Well given the current circumstances I believe it’s quite fitting.”

“I swear you never make sense. Anyway, go on. Get out. I need to change.” I waved a hand at him but he didn’t move.

“Well I could stay. It is my house after all. You’re merely staying here.”

“I wouldn’t exactly call it a house.” I quipped and turned towards him.

“You’re still here.” he remarked.

“Well I could leave.”

“You could but you’d probably get caught and die.”

“What do I have to do to make you leave?” I asked seeing that this was going to turn into something unpleasant.

“A kiss. Then I’ll leave.” he smirked still hanging onto the doors.

“Seriously? Haven’t you had enough of them today?”

This caused him to frown at me and cock his head to the right.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“You honestly don’t remember?”

“Remember what?”

“Ah doesn’t matter. Anyway. About you leaving?” I placed a hand on my hip.

“I’ve named my price.” he said looking smug.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Fine.”

“Seriously?” he said, his face lighting up.

“Well what’s the worst that could happen?”

And with that I walked up to him, watched him smile and shut his eyes, and I blinked. Then taking a deep breath I leaned towards him, bracing myself. Waiting until I got within an inch of his lips before I laughed and shoved him backwards.

“Haha! Out!”

I locked the door behind him, hearing him hit it as he tried to get back in, before turning back to my new outfit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Couldn't find any images suitable for the outfit. Sorry! -Emily