You Only Have One Chance

The Stage

Tell them how I am defying gravity. I'm flying high defying gravity and soon I'll match them in renown. And nobody in all of Oz no Wizard that there is or was is ever gonna bring me down!

I sang with passion unlike I'd ever had before. I put all my effort into this piece, knowing that it was the climax of the plot. There was nothing that could bring me down and I put that knowledge into the words as I sang. I looked out into the faces of all of the people watching me.

My friend, Elizabeth, started singing from the side of the stage as a various group of people from the chorus stood in the pit.

I hope you're happy!

The Chorus sang.

Look at her, she's wicked! Get her!

I took a deep breath, belting out the words with great meaning. I felt free here. I felt as if nothing could hurt me. I was the star. I was strong.

Bring me down!

The Chorus sang in harmony, but people did not move their gaze from me, the girl covered in green paint.

No one mourns the wicked so we've got to bring her--

I cut them off purposefully, proud of the moment.

Ahhh!

People applauded even before the Chorus finished off the song.

Down!

The lights when black and the curtains closed, signalling intermission. I climbed down from the painted scaffolding that held me above the others. I heard the audience still clapping and I smiled softly to myself, proud.
♠ ♠ ♠
The lyrics are Defying Gravity from Wicked.
She was Elphaba.

:)

I hope you enjoy this.

comment ~ subscribe


x.
Jessica