You Only Have One Chance

First Day of School

The memories the picture evoked from my last school made me smile as I put on my flats. I got into my car and drove to school rather quickly, wanting to know what it'd be like before I had to get to class. I knew full well what it's like to be late to class because you didn't know where anything was.

I looked around, my schedule in front of my face as I tried to locate my last class. Decidedly, I was going to work my way down to first so I'd know where to and end up in first period, like I was supposed to. When I finally found my last period, there was a girl already in there. I blushed awkwardly, leaving.

After about thirty minutes, I ended up in my first period, which was chorus. I looked around the room, seeing a few people, most of which were in a group in the back, but there was one girl sitting alone. I opted out of sitting next to anyone, seeing as I knew no one. The girl looked over at me. Her eyes were dark and confused. I guess she figured that I would have joined the group. She looked a bit younger than I would have guessed considering I was entering the most advanced chorus class.

The girl stood up, moving closer. I prayed for her not to sit beside me but, unfortunately, she did. "Hello." She said. I looked up shyly.
"Hi.." My voice was soft and nervous.
"I'm Munroe."
"Natasha." I hoped she would leave me alone. I didn't really get along with people.
"What part are you?"
"Soprano.. Alto.. Whichever needs more help?" I asked. I could sing either part. I felt more comfortable with soprano, though.
"Well. You're in the guys' section." I looked around briefly, noting that there was only one guy that had showed up so far, and he was making out with a girl in the corner.
"This was the soprano section at my last school." I said, twirling a strand of hair through my fingers gently. Munroe took my hand, leading me to the soprano section.

The teacher, a pretty woman with short, curly, brown hair, walked in. She looked to be in her mid-to-late twenties. I stood up, going to talk to her. "Good morning, ma'am. My name's Natasha Cyrette. I'm new here." I introduced.
"Ah, yes. Hello, Natasha. What part are you?"
"Soprano."
"Alright," She looked at me quickly. "I think you're about the same height as Munroe.. Munroe? Come here, please." She stood us next to each other. "You're just a bit shorter, Natasha. You'll stand to her on the left. " I nodded, going to stand beside Munroe.

This'll be a long year, I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Natasha Munroe

coment ~ subscribe