You Only Have One Chance

The Theater

Theater AP - day three


I walked into theater, immediately feeling at home. I see Munroe sitting in a corner. I move to sit beside her.

"You seem a lot less shy than two days ago." She commented. "You either like theater or me." I blushed heavily, looking down. "Now there's the Nat I know." I blushed again at the nickname she had rewarded me.
"Why did you call me Nat?"
"Do you not like it?" I shrugged. "Exactly. So now I can call you that because you didn't say no."

"Ladies and gentlemen of the theater, let me explain that we are no longer learning who everyone is. We are moving onto our first scene. You will create this scene out of one concept: Prom." Ms.Griffin, our teacher, announced. "You will create the lines and we will start performances on Monday. You will have your script memorized completely and that will be part of your grade." She started writing on the chalkboard.

PROM.
You will have one partner, who will be your date.
The scene must consist of a boy and a girl, whether you and your partner are a boy and a girl is your choice.
You will need costumes, props, lighting diagrams, and my approval of your script, which will have cues written in for curtain, each person, and lights.

RUBRIC:
Script - 25 points
Costumes - 30 points
Memorization - 15 points
Lighting - 25 points
Approval - 5 points


"We need a group of ten people to work on lighting and curtain calls." Ten people quickly raise their hands.

"Now, begin."

Munroe and I turned to one another. "Are you any good at lighting designs?" I asked. She nodded, grinning.
"Good because I suck at them. I'll write a script in which we will add lighting cues too after you finish them. I will proceed to ask who will be who?"
"I'll be the guy." I nodded, starting on the script
♠ ♠ ♠
subscribe ~ comment


x.
Jessica