You Met Me At an Interesting Time

Chapter Five

Just as plan I was on time for work, and once I got in the door I was Monica quickly grace me with her smiling face as she stop me before I could walk to my desk.

"Monica, what are you doing?" I question chuckling at her unusual welcoming.

"Oh, nothing," the smirk on her face was telling me a different story then what she was telling me.

Rasing my eyebrow at my friend before I took a side step trying to get around Monica, but she was acting as my mirror, onca again blocking my way.

"What the? Monica, can you please move," nicely asking before I took another sidestep.

Again she block my way before getting behind me, but before I could see anything she put her hands in front of my eyes trying to block my view. Letting out a frustrating sigh as I just played along with Monica gesture knowing that it will be quicker to get to my work once we get this over and done. Slowly beganing to walk forward before Monica signal me to stop.

Removing her hands from in front of my eyes, as a breath taking gasp left my mouth as I look towards my desk seeing a beautiful sight. The colorful arrengement of flowers standing on my desk holding delightful lavenders, pink alstroemeria, and hot pink roses inside a clear glass vase with a pink ribbion tied around the neck of the vase. Smiling at the arrengement of flower before turning to Monica, who was holding a samll card between her index and middle finger before handing me the card.

"It was inside the flowers," walking away from me, leaving me with the small card in my hand.

'Just want to put a smile on that beautiful face of yours.'

And it did just that as a smile spread across my face as read the words until I look down to see more words.

'P.S. Can't wait to see you soon.'

I set the card on my desk next to the sitting in my chair puzzled by the person, who sent the flowers since there was no name on the card. Shrugging it off as I got to work on the paper work on my desk trying not think about the sender.

"So what do you think about the flowers? Who sent them?" Monica ask similar to a young child, as she roll on the balls of her feet awaiting my answers to her question.

"They were lovely, and I'm pretty sure you know the answer to the second question. After all I think you read the card, it's not sign by anyone, so I have no idea."

She began to giggle at the responds, I had a feeling that she knew excatly who the flowers were from, but I knew she wasn't going to tell me.

"Your a stinker, you know that. I know you know who sent those flowers."

"Yeah, but I'm not telling besides you will find out later tonight when they come pick you later for you date,"

"Date?" Question a little above a whisper not wanting to draw attention to oursleves, "Monica what in the world? Did you tell someone I would go on a date with them?"

I could feel myself freaking out with the thought of going on a date with someone I probably don't know or worse.

"Would you relax, its someone you know and I would not let you go out with someone that I didn't think you would like. Beside friends don't let friends date ugly people. Trust me," Saying to reassure me about what she got me into.

"Isn't it suppose to be 'friends don't let friends drive drunk.'" Chuckling at her choice of word's as Monica just shrugging, "But ok, I guess im going to have to trust you on this."

The girl in the mirror was wearing a simple multi-color dress that the was a inch or two above the knees, the top of the dress was white then navy section then a soft pink, with a white bow that tie around the waist.

"Monica I can't beileve I'm going along with this," glaring at her before returning to my reflection that showed in the mirroi.

"Stop it, you look amazing," not being affected by my glare," Now put these on." She order while shoving a pair of all white pair of heels with a peep toe that match the dress.

Rolling my eyes at my bossy friend as I took the heels from her before placing them on my feet as they showed off my french pedicure. Nowing standing two inches taller than I was a few moment ago, Monica pointed to a chair with various hair and beauty product surrounding it, knowing that Monica was going to get carried away.

*Ring*

At the sound of the doorbell rining, Monica and my eyes meet, before she rushed down the steps to answer the door. Slowly breathing as I start to feel the nervousness build inside as I carefully tip toed to the top of the stair case trying to get a view of the guy Monica agreed to. Although I couldn't see the person, the sound of a husky, deep voice that sound familar as if I heard it before. Monica start to walk around the corner still talking to the young gentleman as she start to take her time up the stairs. Rushing to get back into the room before Monica could come back to see that I was spying.

Trying to give a innocent smile as it was now her turn to raise her eyebrow at me following a head shake. She walk over to the bed grabbing a simple clutch and a navy pea coat handing me the two item before softly pushing me toward the steps. Carefulling going down the steps trying not to fall down the stairs only to embrasse myself in front of Monica and the guest I have yet to meet.

"You look amazingly beautiful, Audrey," Gabriel told me while taking in my apprance, while i took the time to do the same.

Gabriel attire was a white dress shirt with a black tie underneath a grey v-neck sweater that was clutching to his body in the perfect way that showed the outline of his muscles, but still let enough to imagine. His dark blue jeans that hung on his hips as he had his one of his hands behind his back while the other was inside his front pocket. Wearing black and grey sperry shoes in a size that let my mind wande to a certain myth about a guys shoes size before I ran my eyes back up to meet his unique eyes.

Tugging on my bottom lip with my tip before voicing a quick think as I felt my cheeks heat up in embrassement when I saw that sexy smile that play on his handsome face.

"This is for you as well," pulling out a simply gorgeous light pink rose, taking the rose from his hand before placing it to my nose to smell the flower, "So are you ready?"

The resturant that Gabriel took be was not too high class, but was a small little italian restaurant that was a bit away from town. It had a nice romantic feel to it, the light were dim as the lit candles on the table seems to make the room glow on the various small round tables covered with red table cloths.

Gabriel pull out a chair, nodding his head towards the chair, as I shyly walk forward to seat down afterward he help me remove my coat as he place it on the back of the chair then carefully push my chair in. After he was all settle down, our watiress came over to take our orders. Glancing over the menu, my brows push together as I tried to make out the words and meanings of the different language. Gabriel seem to notice my confuse face which cause him to let out a deep chuckle before he start to speak in some language, I couldn'y make out, but I guess it was the one from the menu since it made the watiress leave.

"Audrey, so I hope you enjoyed the flowers,"

"Yeah, thanks again for the flowers, they were lovely," giving a smile as he gave a smile of his own.

His eyes gazing into mine seem to glow even in the dim lite room helping me to become lost in the pools of his eyes. I was so lost in our little staring contest that I was unaware of his hands itchings it way towards mine until his big hands were over my petite hand that was resting on the table. Just the feeling his skin on mine was driving my body crazy, his touch was soft and delicate, sending chills down my spine. My guess was he saw me shiver in my seat when I felt a light squeeze, grabbing my attention as my cheeks flare at the very sight of his hands in mine.

"I'm glad, and I also how your not to upset about Monica,"

"I had to admit it was a little shock, but I trust Monica and I knew she would not set me up with someone she would not approve of,"

"Oh really?" Gabriel questioning the statement as his eyebrows rose with a smirk playing on his face,"Does that mean that their could be another date after this?"

Not knowing how to answer the question I took the time to just chew on my bottom lip, and luckly the watriess came just in time with our orders. Smiling toward her, thanking her more for more then just doing her job, before she left us alone again.

Thankfully the rest of the dinner was going by wonderfully as we got to know one another on a different level. Talking about hobbies, likes/dislikes, and even goals, it was casual information, but I was just loving get to know Gabriel was a pretty laid back person, if he was not dealing with business, he was usually hanging out with family. Over all he was a loveable, gentle guy, who had his head on striaght and knew what he was going with life.

"Audrey," Turning my head to look at him as he was walking along side together, "You never answer my question from before, sweet heart."

Just as we were about to the front door, "Um...it could be after all this one was great," wishpering in a low voice, I was not sure if he even heard my reply.

"Wonderful," Gabriel spoke leaning in to leave a light kiss on my cheeks, "I will take you up on that offer and I will see you again," giving my hand a squeeze, smiling before walking back to his car to leave.

My hand lightly grazed my kissed cheek, still feeling the warmth of his lips on my skin. A grinning smile as I walk inside my house to be attack with questions from an excited Monica. She took on look at me before jumping up and down like a child in a toy store.

"I'm so excites for you, and I want all the info. Don't you dare leave any juicy details out, either," Monica commanded while dragging me towards the couch to tell her about the date.

Everytime I would give her a detail it would make her smile grow with every word. For the rest of the night it was pretty much teasing from Monica dealing with a certain guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys. Comment and let me know what you guy think of Gabriel and Audrey so far.