This Is The Life You Wanted, Right?

One Night

There were always those cases in which the CIA would try to keep under wraps. Because if the public were to know what was really going on, they might worry. The most recent in these cases was one about a Clan. A group of vampires. Bert was their leader, William and Gerard were his henchman. Also, in this group, were three girls. Rebekka, the Bait. Erin, the Fabricator. And Lynn, the Seductress. They were unbeatable, and they fed their craving night after night, killing those in their path with ease. They had to be stopped.

"We need a new plan." Billie Joe said, covering his face with his elbows propped on the iron table. No one addressed him as such, they just called him Armstrong.

"No! I'm fucking sick of planning! Why don't we just go out there and take some action for once!? That's why you guys keep losing them, because we're too afraid to just go out and get rid of them." Adam said, banging his fist on the table across from Armstrong.

"Look kid, here, things take thought and precision. Not spontaneous gun fights. I know you may have had your little dream when you were a smaller, but we actually use brains here at the CIA." Armstrong said, looking him dead in the eye.

"Well, we see how brains have been working on this particular case." Adam said sarcastically.

"Look you wanna go out and get killed!?" Armstrong yelled, rising to his feet. Then he calmed down and shook his head.

"You know what? Fine. We'll do it your way." Adam's eye widened.

"Seriously?" Adam grabbed his gun off the table and headed for the door, but Armstrong grabbed his shoulder.

"I hope you know what you're doing, kid."

The Clan started to realize that the police in this city were on to them. The only area they took interest in was dark and quiet with many residents, making it easy fro them to take care of business and move on. Soon a police car would sit in front of a streetlight every night, inside a cop would watch for any mischief. They figured it was time to do away with him.

William casually walked past the patrol car. When he was about to pass the alley, he gave Rebekka the signal. Then he kept going.

Rebekka then let out an ear shattering scream that would make one think she was being attacked or in excruciating pain. The police official jumped at the sound, made sure he had his weapon, and quickly got out of the vehicle, running to the alley where the scream came from.

There, he saw Rebekka crouched on the ground against the brick wall. He rushed over to her.

"Ma'am are you okay?" he asked, his voice almost cracking, which did not match his 40 year old, plump stature.

She just made a sniffling noise and pretended to whimper. He crouched down the her level and touched her shoulder gently.

"Ma'am?" Finally, she looked up into his eyes and he gasped at the fact that they were red.

"Ma'am...I think there's something wrong with...I mean...your eyes, they...they..." as he stuttered, Bert walked gracefully and quietly up behind him, almost gliding.

Then Rebekka grinned a devilish grin. The cop furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and cocked his head. And it was sick how, in doing this, he was in the perfect position for what was about to happen to him.

In a flash, Bert grabbed the man's shoulders and sunk his fangs into his neck, draining as much blood as possible before the heart stopped. When he finished, the man slumped to the ground in a heap.

Rebekka stood up and dusted herself off. Then she trotted out of the alley to where Gerard, William, and Lynn where waiting, stationed at a light post. Bert stayed where he was, not bothering to clean his mouth. Erin emerged from the darkness of the back of the alley and lowered herself to the dead body.

"So." Bert said.

"Please don't tell me you're trying to start a conversation while I'm doing this." She said, turning the head of the body a little.

"Fine. I just thought this would be a perfect time to talk since we were alone." He said, leaning against the building opposite her and lighting a cigarette.

"I think...somebody got fed up with their lonely life as a patrol policeman who lives with his mother and finally decided to end it...on the job." She said, smiling to herself. "I'm thinking a suicide instead of a murder this time, yes?" she asked, looking to Bert for his opinion.

He shrugged and blew smoke.

"Whatever."

"Such a huge help you are. Really." She shook her head at the fact that she called this man her leader.

"About the other night..." he started.

"Let's not talk about that here." She said, turning the bite marks on the man's neck into one large one with a pocket knife.

"If not here, where the fuck else, Erin?" he said, getting frustrated. She sighed and controlled her temper. He was still in charge, regardless of how close they were and she couldn't afford to blow her top.

She took the man's gun from his belt a tightened it in his hand. Then she moved his arm, careful as not to break it, upwards so the gun was facing his neck from his hand. The cop had shut his eyes tightly when Bert killed him, and she opened them again. They were bloodshot and empty, as someone who commits suicide's eyes might look. It caused her to close her eyes as tightly as his were before, with memories of what happened to her mother.

But that was the past.

Bert had been silent after his outburst, watching her work. Finally he spoke.

"I don't know if you considered it making love...or fuck--"

"Bert." She said, cutting him off with a sigh.

"Fine. I won't bring it up. But just know that I consider you my right hand man." He said.

"Really now?" She said, taking a bullet from the gun and placing it back in his hand. She wedged the bullet deep into his wound, thinking that no one would wonder why it didn't go all the way through because of the abnormal and unhealthy amount of fat around his neck.

"Yes really." She finished and walked over to him. He removed the cigarette from his mouth. Just when she was close enough, she said,

"Good to know," and walked away. He shook his head and thumped it against the bricks before going after her and meeting up with the others.

"What the hell took you guys so long?" Lynn asked when they met up, putting her hands on her neon mini skirt clad hips.

"I was doing my job." Everyone else raised their eyebrows, except for Rebekka, who released a high pitched giggle.

Hours later that night, or considering the time was 2am, one might say morning, Armstrong received a call.

"There's been another death." He said, keeping his eyes on the road. "The police department believe it was a suicide, but I don't. I think they covered up another one."

Adam didn't say anything. He just held on to his stake tighter, picturing him driving it through one of them vividly in his mind. He just wanted to kill them all.

Armstrong made a turn, bringing them into The Clan's territory. Gerard saw the car immediately.

"Will." He said, nudging his partner who'd dosed off beside him after a large dinner off of a woman in the park earlier.

"What?" he said, reluctantly snapping back to reality.

"We've got company." William followed Gerard's gaze and saw the black car with a single oscillating light on top of it.

"It's the fucking CIA." He said, groaning.

"Looks like they finally got the guts to come without back up." Gerard said.

"You never know what they have up their sleeves, though. Get Bert." William said. Gerard stood up straight and ran around the corner to where their leader was. Bert looked up quickly.

"CIA." Gerard said simply. Down the sidewalk a little was Lynn, and Bert nodded his head at her. She got it and went off to do her job.

Armstrong slowed the car down when he saw a woman walking their way on the empty road. She stopped by Adam's side of the car and bent down, propping her elbows on the open window.

"Hey boys." She said casually. They tried to stay professional.

"Hi." Adam said, not looking her in the eye.

"Can I come in?" she asked, poking her lips out and bending further over the window frame.

Armstrong coughed.

"I'm sorry Miss, but this is a government vehicle."

"Ooh, the government? What are you guys? Are you like, in the FBI? Are you super spies?" she asked. "Cause, you know...super spies turn me on." She added, licking her lips.

Adam's mouth was opened for a second, but he shut it, coming back down to the planet.

"No, ma'am we're not spies." Adam said.

"Oh really? Well...do you have handcuffs?" Armstrong's mouth had dropped slightly also.

"Well yes actually, we do." He said.

"You know what I've been known to do with a pair of handcuffs, boys?" Armstrong loosened his collar a little, for he was starting to sweat.

While Lynn had their attention completely, William had entered the backseat at almost the speed of light, making none of it able to be heard by the men. Gerard was on Armstrong's side of the car, fangs at the ready.

Gerard and William were both very close to the necks of their targets, until Armstrong, having been working jobs like these for ten years, sensed them and jumped around, smacking Gerard with his metal pistol and getting out of the car. At the commotion, Adam noticed William and knocked him out before getting out of the car and holding his gun up at Lynn.

"What? Are you gonna kill us with those?" Gerard asked, laughing dryly as he picked himself up from the blow of the gun to his head.

Armstrong said nothing and held the gun up in front him. Adam fired a coupled of shots into Lynn's chest on the side of the car where he was. She just laughed.

"More! More!" she joked. "I like it when you get violent with me."

"Okay, fun's over." Armstrong paused at the familiar voice and looked ahead to see Bert walking down the road towards them. Erin was by his right side as she always was. Rebekka was on the other.

Adam looked at the three of them coming and did a double take. He thought the group was smaller. He was distracted by the girl on Bert's left, to the point where fighting had broken out again and Billie was almost alone.

Rebekka, the one he'd been staring at, charged at him, knocking him to the ground. He tried to fight her off, but he just felt wrong fist fighting a girl. But them he remembered that she was not a girl. She wasn't even human. Not aware of much else going on around him, he was rolling with her on the ground, throwing punches.

Bert and Billie were going at it themselves, as the others stood by.

Rebekka grabbed the stake from his pocket and ran down a sidewalk. He ran after and tackled her with ease.

"LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE!" she yelled at him while he was on top of her.

"You kill innocent people!" he yelled back. She flipped so she was on top of him.

"Nobody is innocent." She said quietly.

"Especially your kind." He said.

"It's so fucking easy for you to discriminate!" she said, getting angrier.

"This is my job!" he said, though he could tell he was losing this argument.

"Not everyone has to do their fucki--" in the spur of the moment, he cut her off with his lips against hers, quite possibly screwing up the entire mission.

In all her frustration, Rebekka grabbed his face and kissed back.

When they parted and sat up, Adam shook his head and sighed.

"I'm supposed to kill you." He said simply. He couldn't think of anything worse to ruin his career than becoming infatuated with the enemy. He stood up, and so did she.

Armstrong, who was on the ground with Bert, trying to avoid his fangs knew nothing of what went on, simply because he was fighting the Clan leader for his life.

Then deciding it'd be easier to kill the rookie, Bert pushed Armstrong against the asphalt and rose to his feet. He picked up the pistol from the ground and made his way over to where Adam was. It took a second for Armstrong to register what was going on. When he did, his eye went wide and he jumped to his feet, running after Bert.

William came out of no where and blocked his path. Without a second thought other than that his partner need to be saved, Armstrong pulled the stake that he had from his belt and drove it through William's heart.

From the distance, he could hear Lynn's ear shattering scream.

He ran to where Bert was as fast as his legs would take him. When he saw the gun raised, he didn't use his mind, just instinct, before jumping in front of Adam and blocking the bullet. Adam yelled as Armstrong's body fell limply in front of him on the sidewalk. The bullet hit his heart directly, killing him in an instant.

Adam didn't want to cry. Government agents did not cry. But he did.

Bert dropped the gun and laughed sadistically.

"That is why kids cannot work in the CIA. Suck it up." He started to walk away, but then turned towards them again.

"Rebekka? C'mon." Feeling for someone for the first time in hundreds of years, Rebekka shook her head. "What?" Bert raised his eyebrows.

"I'm not coming." This caused Adam to look from Armstrong's body to her, his eyes wide. She looked back at him. "I wanna stay with you."

Bert looked at them gazing at each other for a couple of seconds.

"Oh, so you're in love, is that how that goes?" Rebekka gulped and didn't reply. "Love is for the weak, Rebekka, and you've shown your true colors. Pathetic." He said, spitting at the ground beneath them, and walking off to what was left of the Clan.

He walked over William's dead body to Gerard, Lynn, and Erin.

"You didn't have to stay." Adam told Rebekka when Bert was far enough.

"For some reason I wanted to." She said.

"What am I gonna do now? I could lose my badge for this." He said, due the fact that a direct fight was his idea in the first place. She put her hand on his shoulder.

"Do you...do you want to know what it's like to not have to worry about problems like those?" he looked her in the eye and gasped, because he already knew what she was proposing.

"I..." he was going to tell her he couldn't. But why not? Everything would fall apart after this if he stayed mortal. He turned to Rebekka completely, cupped her chin and kissed her again. When he pulled away, he nodded.

She took a deep breath and got behind him, so he was in between her legs. When she was ready, she sunk her teeth into the flesh of his neck.

He winced at the sudden sting, but soon relaxed. She stopped, so as not to drink more than needed, and cut open her wrist with her fangs. She put in front of him, motioning for him to drink it.

Adam hesitated, before taking her wrist and drinking. When he started taking too much, she pulled it away with some force.

Suddenly, and almost too quickly, the colors, lights, and sounds around him became extremely vivid. To the point where it was overwhelming. He held his spinning head as fangs grew in place of former teeth in his gums. She let him cry out, because she knew it was only apart of the process.

When he was calm, she came around and looked at her new lover. He looked back at her, before grinning. She smiled herself, and he pulled her by her waist. They needed time before they went on the move.

So they stood, holding each other in the middle of a sidewalk with a dead body on the ground not far.

Gerard and Lynn got in the car, for they had intentions to move to the next town in it so no one would ask questions. Erin remained standing on the road in front of Bert.

"Nice speech." She said, folding her arms.

"What?" he asked, shrugging.

"Love is for the weak?" she repeated.

"It is." He said, staring at her. He almost couldn't keep up to front of an emotionless leader around her. Especially when they were alone. He was a leader. He wasn't weak. But she made him weak.

"You believe that?" she asked, stepping closer to him. He sighed and put his hands on her arms.

"I should." As much as she wanted to kiss him, like many times before, she pulled away and got in the government vehicle. Bert stood there in front of the car for a minute, then he got in the front seat and started the car, with intentions for them to move on to a new city. To new victims.