I Wish

Why can't that be me?

There was a party going on at my friend Zayn's house. He invited practically everyone we knew. There was some people that I had never met before, but there was a girl. A girl that I have known almost my whole life.

Her name was Kyrie, and she was absolutely beautiful. I would do anything for her, but she doesn't know that. I want her to, but I don't think I'll have the courage to tell her. For years I've felt this way, but I just don't know how to act on it, I guess.

She should know how I feel about her, but there's one problem: Harry Styles, my best friend. She's been with him for four months now, and I can't stand it. He's so good to her, I don't like seeing this. She needs to be with me. I'll love her, more than he could ever love her. He may be my best friend, but I know that I'll love her more than him.

I can't help but watch as the two of them danced on each other. It made my blood boil seeing this, but I couldn't look away. I don't want her to be with him. I wish that was me dancing with her like that.

Why can't she see that I'll love her with everything in me? I want her to be mine. I don't want anyone else to have her.

"Louis, what are you doin'?" I heard Zayn ask as he sat down next to me. "Whatcha staring at?"

I adverted my eyes from Kyrie and Harry, to face Zayn. "Nothing, I'm just watching the people."

"Why? Stop sitting around and get yourself a girl." He said as he grabbed my shoulders.

I made a face. "But I don't want to. I'll just stay here." I said before I took a swig of my drink.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded. "I'm fine, don't worry about it." That's when I saw it, they kissed. It made me sick to my stomach the way he held her hips in his hands. "Uh, on second thought, I think I'm going to head home. I'll see you later." Then I got up and left. I couldn't be in there anymore. I don't need to see that.

Before I was able to get to my car, I heard a voice, "Louis? Where are you going?" It was hers. Of course it was her beautiful, angelic voice.

I stopped dead in my tracks, then turned around to face her. She wasn't alone, she was with Harry. I gave a soft smile to them and said, "I'm going home, I'm kind of tired." I hope that came out as good as it did in my head. By the look on her face, I don't think it did.

"You haven't been here for that long, come on back to the party." She said so nicely that I almost couldn't say no. Her eyes had the softest, most sincere look in them. "Don't go home, Louis, we barely got to hang out tonight."

What do I say to her? That I can't stand seeing her with my best friend? No, I can't tell her that. "Yeah, stay with us." Harry said with a smile. I looked down to see them holding hands. I know that I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. I don't think I ever will either.

I shook my head. "It's all right, guys. I'll just see you tomorrow."

"You sure, Louis? All right, I'll call you later." Kyrie gave me a sweet smile, then gave me a hug. She always gives the best hugs. We pulled away, and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. If only it were my lips. Harry shook my hand and gave me a hug too. After I said goodbye again, I finally drove home.

I want to be with her, but I mostly want to be alone. I don't feel like dealing with anyone right now. There's been times when I was going to tell her how I feel, but whenever I did, I got too nervous and told her something else.

The last time I wanted to, Harry told me he asked her out. I don't know why I didn't tell him the truth, but I guess I thought they wouldn't last. I should've just told him that I loved her. He probably wouldn't have believed me anyways.

Maybe it's good that she's with him, I can't be in love with her forever. I can find someone else. I don't want to find any body else, she's fantastic. Who wouldn't love her? I can see why he looks at her the way that I would. What man wouldn't?
♠ ♠ ♠
So i never thought i would write a 1D story, but i couldn't resist these two, so here it is! :DD i hope everyone likes it!

Comments are loved. <3