I Wish

Truth be told

The walk to the park wasn't silent, which I was glad about. As always, she and I had something to talk about. Whether it was something that made no sense at all, or if it were serious, we had a conversation going.

When we got there, Kyrie went straight to the swings; like she always does. I laughed, then I joined her. It was great seeing her smile while I was around, and Harry wasn't. Why can't it be like this all the time? I mean, we used to basically be a couple, just without the couple parts.

I hate being just her friend, I want to be her boyfriend more than anything. She's the only girl I can see myself with and I just want her to know that. She's so beautiful, no one is like her.

I watched her slow down, and she had this look on her face like something was bothering her. "Is everything all right, Ky? Something wrong, love?" If only I could call her love how I really want to, and not just in a "friend" way.

"Uh, well, I was really worried about you earlier. Why were you acting so strange last night?" I swallowed and blinked a few times. I was afraid of this, but I should've known she was going to ask me that. She shrugged. "Maybe it's nothing, I'm sorry for asking."

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I was being weird last night at Zayn's party. I apologize for my behavior, it was wrong of me to be like that." Hopefully she'll accept that answer, but if she doesn't, I'll tell her how I feel. I have to, right? I don't want her with Harry anymore.

"Okay, but I know there's a reason for it. So, why?" I knew it.

I let out a heavy sigh and I took her hands in mine. They fit so perfectly in mine, it was like they were meant to be there. "Kyrie, I need to tell you something that I haven't told anyone but myself."

Her eyes my met my blue ones as she asked, "Not even Harry knows?" I felt my eye twitch when she said his name.

"No, he has no idea. There's a reason why I haven't told him, and you'll find out why soon enough. Do you promise you won't leave after I tell you?"

A worried look came over her features when her eyes met my blue ones. "Louis, what is it?" Her voice was soft when she spoke. I was worrying her again, I can't do this to her.

Here goes nothing. "Well, I-I'm, uh, I'm in love with you." I stuttered out. I thought that would be easier, I guess not. Even though I stumbled on my words, it felt good to finally tell her. I breathed in and gazed into her eyes. "And no, not like a sister. I love you like Romeo loves Juliet, like the fairytale princes loves their princesses, and like the way Zayn loves his mirror. It kills me that you're in a relationship with Harry, but since you were happy I told myself I was okay with it, but I'm not. My heart feels like it's being ripped out and stomped on every time you kiss him. And when you guys danced together, all I could've done was stand there watch even though it was tearing me limb from limb and wish that it was me. I realize it's lame for me to use lyrics as a reference, but it's been eating me alive and I'm not sure what else to do. You don't have to like me or love me for that matter, because I only wanted you to know...And right now, Kyrie, I cannot control my impulses..."

Her eyes grew wide, and her mouth hung slightly open. Did I say the wrong thing? Maybe I said too much, but she needed to know how I felt. She was as silent as a ghost and her grip on my hands loosened. No, I don't want her to let go of me. She looked like she wanted to say something, but nothing came out.

"I know you can't say anything to me but, just...know that every single word I said was true. I don't feel that way about anyone but you. I've been in love with you for a long time, but I was never able to gather up the confidence to tell you until now." I took in a deep breath, and leaned in closer to her.

Our lips slightly touched, but she pulled away before they could come in contact with each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
ERMAHGERD! I updated! Comments would be loved :] I'll try my best to get the next chapter written waaaay sooner than I did with this one.