The Summer With Spencer

The Summer With Spencer, Chapter One- That Virginia Luck

I hugged my friends goodbye; it was the last day of freshman year. But that wasn’t the only reason this day was special. This summer I was going to get away from the chaos I call my family and spend it in Virginia with Eddie. Now, how do I describe Eddie ? Well, first of all, he is twenty-five. Him and I met and became close, and he is my best friend. He’s the only adult I trust. With his piercing blue eyes and straight white teeth, combined with his sandy blonde hair that curled at the ends, he is gorgeous. I hurried to the car where he waited to take me home to get my stuff. He stood leaning against the hood of his car, and as I ran up to him, he grabbed me on the waist, lifted me up and held me. He spun me around, saying “I’m proud of you Llys.” I could feel my friends’ eyes on me, because they had always thought Eddie was insanely hot. I just waved at them, and smiled and hugged Eddie back. He let me go inside alone, and I quickly grabbed my bags and said goodbye to my parents. I saved the longest goodbye for my doggie Moey, whom I would miss the most. As you can gather, my family and I don’t exactly get along very well. My sister and I actually have a good relationship, but she and I had already exchanged farewells, because she was staying at a friend’s for a few days. I stepped off my porch, and turned around to face the sun. My excitement was palpable. The breeze ruffled my long straight hair, and I turned and slowly walked towards Eddie’s car. I love to travel, and this was going to be my first time on a plane. I could feel it, this was going to be MY summer. The summer that everything turns right in my life. We all have that one summer, where we can look back and say “Wow, that was the best time of my life.” Well, I was determined to make this mine.

“It’s beautiful here,” I remarked to him as we stepped into the rental car. He stowed our bags and buckled in before he responded. He gently brushed my hair out of my face and agreed, smiling his perfect smile at me. Still beaming, he started up the car and we were off. After the diner, we arrived at his house. Well, I don’t know if house is the appropriate word. It was the first time I had ever seen his quote-unquote house, which was really more of a mansion. It had a two car garage on the left side, like my house back in Michigan, but there the similarities ended. His house had white siding with big windows and navy shutters, and the whole yard was perfectly flat, with trees and plant life everywhere. An expensive stone walk lead up to the porch, which had a big swinging bench on it that looked very comfortable. He told me to wait outside, and he walked our bags in. He then came out and covered my eyes, proclaiming he had a surprise for me. He lead me inside, where it smelled like summer; a little lemonade-y, grassy, and breezy all at once. He carefully led me up a staircase, and turned right immediately at the top. He opened a door, uncovered my eyes and said “Now, here’s your room.”

The room was gorgeous. It was so me. The top of the walls were a light sea foam green, kind of blurring and mixing into a peach color. Across from the door was a large canopy bed with a soft-looking sea green duvet and lots of throw pillows covering it. At the foot of the bed, about four feet away, was a soft white cotton couch. Next to that was a closet and right beside the entryway was a long white dresser. But, my favorite parts were the French double doors on the wall adjacent the couch, opening onto a small terrace, and the huge picture window on the wall side of my bed, which featured a large window sill to be used as a window seat. “Oh, Eddie,” I whispered. “I adore it !” I hugged him tightly, and he lifted me into his arms again. I wrapped my legs around his waist, and he carried me downstairs and outside. He showed me around the large backyard, which featured an in ground pool, a pond, and thousands of twinkle lights to light up the night when the sun went down. He also had a gazebo set up near the pond for gatherings, and a table set upon the back porch for eating outdoors. “J’adore your house Eddie !” He looked at me and smiled. But in that smile, I could tell something was up. I didn’t question it, I figured he was just worried about me. I decided to put him at ease and acted especially happy for the rest of the night.

At about 9:00, I went upstairs to change. I changed into one of my favorite outfits; short black cotton shorts, and an oversized white wife-beater. I don’t know why this outfit appeals to me so much, but it does. I touched up my makeup and hair. I never took my makeup off, I hated feeling ugly. I hate waking up and looking in the mirror and not having eyeliner and mascara, my main staples, on. I heard someone knock at the front door. I froze, listening to see who it might be as Eddie got it. I then laid down on my floor and put my hands around the door frame, still listening. I pulled myself into the hallway, peeking around the doorway to see who the strangers were. It was convenient that the staircase be directly across from the front door, and that my room be located where it is, because then I can look at the people, but they probably won’t see me. I’ve started to have these irrational fears that everyone is a serial killer. Maybe I watch too much crime TV, but now I never answer my front door, just in case. I also usually don’t answer the phone. I glanced at the people, and gathered that they were the neighbors from next door. And from the ones I could see, they were sexy. I was suddenly very glad I had just touched up my hair and makeup. I slunk inside my room and leaned against the wall to hear what they were saying. Eddie was inviting them in. He then called upstairs to me, as I knew he would. I stopped just inside my room, preparing. I checked my looks one more time, then stepped out. Looks like my luck is already changing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Message me what you think !