The Summer With Spencer

The Summer With Spencer,Chapter 19- Behind Closed Eyes

Spencer’s POV
My mind was kicked into overdrive, as usual. But this time was different, they were flashbacks, memories. Snapshots of Llysa kept creeping into my head, like scrolling through the images in a camera. I replayed her actions, her words….over and over; the way she smiled and looked down, the way she would randomly scrunch up her nose when she was focused on something, the way she quoted Grey’s Anatomy non-stop. At around two A.M, I finally nodded off, book in hand. In the morning as I got dressed, I realized something- since the day I had met her, I hadn’t had one nightmare.

I felt more comfortable at work now, at lunch I couldn’t refrain from talking non-stop. I noticed that Morgan was the only one who was unusually quiet, but I didn’t want him to think I had been profiling him, so I reigned in my observation. Later that day, Morgan approached me with Prentiss. “We should take Llysa out to dinner, cheer her up a bit, don’t you think ?” Morgan asked me, looking hopeful. “Yeah, yeah, that’s a great idea,” I told him enthusiastically. We went home and changed into proper formal attire, and headed over to the neighbor’s house. A knock on the door found us no answer, so Morgan opted to go around back and we all entered through the back door. I strolled into the front room to find Llysa all curled up on her couch with a huge fluffy pillow, looking peaceful and darling, like a little doll almost. I stepped towards her slightly, debating on whether to wake her up. I was positive she would want to go out to dinner with us, but I was still a little unsure on how happy she would be about me waking her… She bolted upright and screamed when she saw me, clearly my presence had woken her. “Sorry, sorry, it’s just me, its Reid,” I told her soothingly. Morgan informed her of our plans, and she brightened up instantly, asking if she could dress up. She got the approval and ran upstairs happily. I waited for her to come back down, relieved for the weekend to be upon my team and I.

We waited for a while, until Morgan’s impatience got the best of him, and he walked up the stairs, with Emily and I following suit. The three of us stood outside her bedroom door, waiting for her. I looked inside, and she was gazing admiringly in the mirror, looking beautiful as ever. She looked delicate and almost regally beautiful in a strapless, pale green number, with white heels. Her golden hair hung down her back, loose and flowing. I watched her expression go from accepting to depictably angry at the sight of her plaster cast. She paced furiously, visibly shaking with anger. Her gaze flickered to our trio, standing outside of her abode. She snapped about us thinking she was a psycho and I could see the internal conflict brewing within her, it reminded me so much of myself when I was alone.

“My life is… falling apart. Forgive and forget, that’s what they say, right ? It’s good advice, but it’s not very practical. When someone hurts us, we want to hurt them back, when someone wrongs us, we want to be right. Without forgiveness, old scores are never settled; old wounds never heal. And the most we can hope for, is that one day, we’ll be lucky enough to forget. I can’t forgive Eddie, and I can’t forgive that guy who kidnapped me. I thought I’d be able to return to normal, well, as normal as I was before…but I just can’t get past this.” She said sadly. “It’s okay to be scared, it means you still have something to lose,” I told her, wondering if she would recognize the quote. I blushed when she did; she had piqued my interest with her love of the ABC drama Grey’s Anatomy, so I had watched a couple episodes. I walked towards her, ready to comfort her if need be. She looked at me right as the dusk sunlight filtered through the giant picture window, and the light did justice for her beauty, if that was possible. Her eyes sparkled like they were light from within, and her hair shone like it was reflective. My best friend was so pretty, but her mind was even more beautiful.

Llysa’s POV
It was all I could do not to swoon as Spencer looked back at me. I felt like the beast next to the beauty, but I followed them all downstairs anyway. No one said another word as we entered a team SUV. I sat next to the window, with Prentiss sitting on the other side of me. I gazed thoughtfully at the scenery as we drove along. I glanced over at the interior of the car again, only to find Prentiss and Reid staring at me. I gave them a dirty look, daring them to comment. We arrived at a nice restaurant, and Morgan opened my car door for me, Reid doing the same for Emily. I felt better about my appearance, aside from the cast, I looked pretty great. We all ate together, being social with one another, laughing and talking appropriately. When we arrived back at my house, I went upstairs and changed into short sleep shorts and a big shirt. When I went back downstairs, everyone was there, the entire team. We were having a movie night again, and reflecting back, it will be a night I’m always going to remember.

It was only about 8:00, so we had plenty of movie time, besides, it was a Friday night. We were watching 50 First Dates the last I remember…. I woke up and looked at the clock, it was around three a.m. The tv screen was blue, and everyone besides myself was sleeping. Rossi and Hotch must have left earlier to be with their families, because they were missing. I almost exploded with the pressure of not saying “Awhhhhhhhh !” at the sight of Morgan and Garcia cuddling, and the sight of Reid sleeping. JJ was snoring loudly,and Prentiss was twitching. Derek and Penelope were sleeping on the same couch, her head was on his chest, and he had his arm around her protectively. Spencer and I were the only ones on the floor, he was curled up and snuggled against my side, and I was dying to cuddle up with him, but I restrained myself, for fear of waking him up. In that moment, sitting around in the dark I felt so safe and secure, something I hadn’t felt in a long time. Even though I was the only one up, for once, I didn’t feel alone.

I slid down again, settling right in front of Spencer’s face. His long brown curls were flopping in front of his exquisite face, partially obscuring my view of his peaceful angel face. I loved it when he left his hair natural and curled, and I caressed a lock of his hair before closing my eyes, breathing in his scent of coffee and soft cotton; you’d think that was a weird combo, but on him, it worked.
I woke up again, this time it was morning, and a decent hour. It was ten o’clock, and I could hear Morgan bustling around in the kitchen, and I could smell waffles in the making. Emily and JJ were laughing about something on their couch, facing one another, cross-legged, and for a moment, I could almost see them as two teenage girls. Garcia was still sleeping, face down on the couch behind me. Spencer was asleep as well, clutching my stuffed Domo, who had watched the movies with us as well. I went into the kitchen to chat with Morgan, who was softly singing and mixing up more batter. He chuckled when he saw me. I glanced at my reflection in the microwave, and laughed at my appearance as well. My hair must have been sticking out at least a mile, and I had some mascara smeared on my left cheek. I sat down on the counter next to his cooking quarters. “Reid finally sleeps all through the night,” he told me, as if I should have believed otherwise. “What do you mean ?” I asked him, puzzled. “He didn’t tell you ? he used to have horrible nightmares almost every night, but since the day he met you, he hasn’t had one. But he usually still gets up a few times a night, to do whatever, but not last night.” “Awh, that’s so sweet,” I said touched. I scrambled upstairs to fix myself up before anyone else could witness my hideous appearance.
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot to write about Gideon, and I don't feel like changing it because its already opublished, haha. Sorry guys, just pretend he's on his own couch. (;