The Summer With Spencer

The Summer With Spencer, Chapter 20- Inside Their World

I dragged a brush through my beast of hair, and then braided it in the back of my head. I put on a teal tank top and ripped jean shorts, along with sandal slippers and padded downstairs, after fixing my makeup, of course. We were eating breakfast outside on the back porch when my phone started to buzz in my pocket. I looked at the screen to see the name of one of my ex boyfriend’s. I contemplated, then ignored the call. The rest of the world could wait today.

Spencer’s POV

I woke up in the morning, surprised and a little disoriented; I hadn’t woken up once during the night, a first for me in many years. I was holding a square, brown, slightly raggedy plush toy that I assumed was Llysa’s. She was nowhere to be found, but the others were in the living room with me, except Morgan, who was occupying the kitchen, and Hotch and Rossi, who had probably gone home sometime during the night. I stumbled into the kitchen, rubbing my neck, which was kinked from sleeping on the floor. Morgan was humming and making waffles, looking unusually chipper. Just then, Llys walked into the room, with her hair pulled to the back of her head, and wearing a tight shirt and short shorts with fluffy slippers. She grabbed a plate and some waffles and strolled casually outside, and I did the same, wondering if I looked like a little puppy dog trailing behind her.

Llysa’s POV

I snarfed my waffles down like a little piglet, not caring if Reid was watching me or not. Today, I was on a mission; go shopping. With the BAU team.

I broached the subject to Emily, JJ, and Garcia first of course, because they were girls. They all happily agreed, obviously, and Garcia looked absolutely stoked. I watched as Emily went over to casually approach the subject with the guys. Gideon looked amused, Hotch always has the same expression no matter what, Rossi looked resentful, Derek looked resigned, and Reid looked…I’m not even sure, somewhere between “Am I really being invited to a social event ?” and “ I wonder what the appropriate reaction would be..” I skipped over to him and grabbed his hand, pulling him out the door. Derek drove our car, with Garcia in the passenger seat again, and Prentiss, Reid and I in the backseat. When we arrived at our destination, Garcia immediately started pulling me toward the door, much like I had done to Spencer. She must’ve taken me through every store in the mall at least once ! She made me try on hundreds of outfits that her,JJ, and Emily picked out. They all looked so happy, I was like a little doll to them. The boys had wandered away as soon as we entered the building, but now Derek reappeared, with Spence in tow. I tried on a couple of dresses with heels for the boys, walking like I was a supermodel. At around five, we decided to head home, this time, to their house. I was very curious, this night was about to get interesting…

Inside their house, I wasn’t surprised. The living room was light and open like Eddie’s, with paintings of cabin’s in the woods and peaceful lakes everywhere; my guess was that they needed some peaceful décor after working a grisly job like that. The living room walls were a medium blue, with light pine wood flooring and soft tan couches. The kitchen was all white and stainless steel; with a large white dining table near a large window in the right corner. Rossi stepped into the kitchen and ushered us out; he was going to make us some real homemade Italian cooking. Penelope dragged me upstairs to her room, which I loved. The walls were orange, but all of the accessories were purple and magenta; a cushy magenta couch filled with furry pillows, a beaded purple and orange lamp, a fluffy purple rug. She had one entire wall, the one behind her bed, filled with pictures of her and the team over the years. Her tech stuff was in the corner, and the other corner held a window seat with a window perfectly placed to see the sunset. It was cozy and lit by a warm glow, and it was so Penelope.

A knock at the door distracted me from gazing at the setting sun. Spencer stood there awkwardly, and asked if I would like to see his room. “Of course !” I told him, delighted that he had asked me. He led me next door to Garcia’s room, and across from Derek’s. His room was dark, brown and blue. He had a full sized bed pushed against one wall, and a well worn armchair, a desk and of course, hundreds of books. The placement of the books around the room was seemingly random to me, but I knew he must have a reason. There was a medium-sized window over his desk, but the curtain was tacked to the wall. I turned on the floor lamp and the room was light up nicely. “Mind if I...” I trailed off, gesturing towards the books. He had a few of the medical books I had read, and I was glad; it made me believe I wasn’t totally inept. I looked back at him and he was looking down and smiling. He looked up and caught my stare, “I like it.” I told him finally, watching his face break into a smile once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter Chapter, sorry guys :/